acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

in the ace options menu there is something called "Disable ear ringing". when it is on "yes" you will not hear the ringing sound, your hearing just gets weaker. if it is on "no" you should hear the ringing. maybe that helps and if not it may be a bug. (it works fine for me and everybody in my clan).

Hi ACE team

Thank you for this mod. It really brings together the best of AGM and CSE.

I just have one question and one suggestion.

First off, it seems as if the backblast isnt working correctly. I know AGM didnt have any module you had to place on the editor but CSE did. I tried looking for the module with the thought I might have missed it but couldnt find anything.

Secondly could you please add a Toggle function for the menu. Its is personal preference but I hate having to hold a button or two to call up the ACE menu.

Once again, thanks guys.

Cheers

What are the optional addons for? And what does ace server do?

If you move the PBOs from the Optional folder to the Addons folder, in the ACE folder, it will give you additional "Picture in Picture" versions of scopes. Make sure you only use the necessary optional ones, if you do decide to use them. For example, if you have ASDG Attachments, then the "ace_compat_asdg.pbo" and bisign for it should add PIP versions of those scopes. You will still also have the non-PIP versions.

On top of that is a server PBO (For servers only) and a userconfig (Also for servers only, I think).

Anyone else here having problems with the medical system? All body parts get injured no matter where the player got hit. Kind annoying.

in the ace options menu there is something called "Disable ear ringing". when it is on "yes" you will not hear the ringing sound, your hearing just gets weaker. if it is on "no" you should hear the ringing. maybe that helps and if not it may be a bug. (it works fine for me and everybody in my clan).

seems to be a bug - it doesnt beep with yes, it doesnt beep with no ... any other ideas?

Anyone else here having problems with the medical system? All body parts get injured no matter where the player got hit. Kind annoying.

Yes, that's happening to me too.

And the only other mods I was running in that scenario were CBA, ALIVE, and ACE.

Had to dump the medical system PBO for that reason.

Yes, that's happening to me too.

And the only other mods I was running in that scenario were CBA, ALIVE, and ACE.

Had to dump the medical system PBO for that reason.

Maybe it is alive, do tests without it. I'm not having problems.

I can't even figure out this medical system. I shoot someone in the leg, go up to him, check his vitals and whatnot, every body part gives me the same number of actions I can perform (every one has "bandage" available) which throws me off, because I'm expecting it to work EXACTLY like it did in Arma 2 (you don't get an option unless you need to do it).

do I have to perform some kind of check first to see where the wound is or something? is this like a mini-puzzle I have to solve? or is the "bandage" option there just so I don't have to navigate to the exact body part, if I pick it, it will bandage the right part (basically, like in ACE2). this would then make the whole body part system redundant, though...

wtf? :confused:

I can't even figure out this medical system. I shoot someone in the leg, go up to him, check his vitals and whatnot, every body part gives me the same number of actions I can perform (every one has "bandage" available) which throws me off, because I'm expecting it to work EXACTLY like it did in Arma 2 (you don't get an option unless you need to do it).

do I have to perform some kind of check first to see where the wound is or something? is this like a mini-puzzle I have to solve? or is the "bandage" option there just so I don't have to navigate to the exact body part, if I pick it, it will bandage the right part (basically, like in ACE2). this would then make the whole body part system redundant, though...

wtf? :confused:

Just look for the wound marked with a red cross. This tells you exactly where in the body received the wound to be treated, It's simple and more realistic.

I have no clue why it would work for some and not others.

The following link is to the contents of my Userconfig >ace>serverconfig.hpp http://pastebin.com/8FTnsazw

Using that while moving the ace_server.pbo in your addons folder should override all modules on the map.

It works for me with those settings.

Thank you. While my problem didn't have much to do with what you wrote but it caused me to revisit the config file and something was definitely off there, corrupt or something. New download and new "installation" of the mod fixed my issue. :)

Hey ACE Devs, first off great work on the mod, and congrats on its release ! The community and especially my coop group really appreciates your hard work. I know that you do have new features that are going to be added to ACE in the next update and beyond. But me and my group had a few questions we were curious about.

1. Repair system. I believe you stated in an earlier post that this was being worked on and was perhaps close to being ready. Because of my groups missions we typically are involved in repair situations. So not having the repair system is kinda limiting us for the moment. (But no worries we are patient lol) But I was curious if there was a way to use vanilla repair while running ACE ?

2. Basic Medical System issue. My group uses the basic medical system in ACE which is also what we used in AGM. However one feature in AGM allowed PLAYER units set to not die, while enemy AI could still be killed. It seems that in ACE if i set unit death to "no" then it keeps enemies from dying as well. Is this intended ? One reason my group liked having player units incapable of dying was that it slowed mission pacing down and forced some of our "in a hurry" members to slow down, provide medical assistance etc. Which we prefer. So question is... Is there a way to have enemy Ai units still killable but PLAYER controlled units can only be knocked out but never killed ?

Thanks for everything, ACE is looking great so far

Is anyone having problems with ACE lagging a server? It lags about every three to four seconds, and this was experienced by all members of our group (6 players). Additional mods being run were CBA, AiA TP, RHS, Alive, TFAR and TPWCAS. Once we stopped running ACE, everything was smooth again.

ist just me or there are no more tank's ammo cock-off and no more load items&static weapons to vehicles?

Is anyone having problems with ACE lagging a server? It lags about every three to four seconds, and this was experienced by all members of our group (6 players). Additional mods being run were CBA, AiA TP, RHS, Alive, TFAR and TPWCAS. Once we stopped running ACE, everything was smooth again.

Do you have blufor tracking module enabled? try disabling it :) we had the same problem 3/4 seconds it would lag. Not 100% sure but for us it was conflicting with another scripted worth trying.

ist just me or there are no more tank's ammo cock-off and no more load items&static weapons to vehicles?

From what I had read, logistics and vehicle damage models (Including cook-offs) are being reworked.

Do you have blufor tracking module enabled? try disabling it :) we had the same problem 3/4 seconds it would lag. Not 100% sure but for us it was conflicting with another scripted worth trying.

Yeah, Blufor Tracking was enabled. We'll try disabling it next time we play and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip!

That's probably fixed on latest dev branch:

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/1181

---------- Post added at 08:50 ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 ----------

From what I had read, logistics and vehicle damage models (Including cook-offs) are being reworked.

Yes, that's true.

---------- Post added at 08:51 ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 ----------

It seems that in ACE if i set unit death to "no" then it keeps enemies from dying as well.

Thank you for kind words. That's a bug and it has already been fixed. Expect a hotfix soon.

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

And what does ace server do?

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/settings.html

I am having some huge gamebreaking bugs.

1. enemy Ai takes 1000x too long to kill. Like, 50-100 MMG (7.62mm) round.

2. whenever I get hit the screen shakes severely

3. whenever I get hit my character ignores my commands, runs about 3 meters forward and jumps to the ground

4. whenever I get hit there's serious ragdoll bugs

5. dead enemies have serious problems with ragdoll physics

6. I get HUGE lags when accessing the ACE menu

3. whenever I get hit my character ignores my commands, runs about 3 meters forward and jumps to the ground

lag when accesing the menu? :confused:

can you provide your system specs?

lag when accesing the menu? :confused:

can you provide your system specs?

i5-3570k no oc

670gtx

8gb ddr3

edit- it may be worth noting that the fps actually doesn't drop, but i get stuttering. and i've no other mods running. And the AI, and mission is run by a dedi server.

Edited by iZver

Is anyone else experiencing massive FPS drops when hosting ACE multiplayer sessions? I've just tried to host some local games and my FPS, which is normally around 80, drops to 30 on game start and then continues to drop to about 4fps.

Done some testing and its definitely ACE causing this. Tried with and without modules, seems to make no difference, only when turning ACE off in my mod line does it fix the issue.

Is anyone else experiencing massive FPS drops when hosting ACE multiplayer sessions? I've just tried to host some local games and my FPS, which is normally around 80, drops to 30 on game start and then continues to drop to about 4fps.

Done some testing and its definitely ACE causing this. Tried with and without modules, seems to make no difference, only when turning ACE off in my mod line does it fix the issue.

We've got a mission currently running 24hx7 for instruction purpouses, and haven't seen any lags, framedrops, or any problem apart from the "official" bugs posted (AI invincible, revive system not working, etc) in a 4hour game session.

We will have a training on wednesday related to ACE3 in this same setup, with arround 10-20 players, and I will report if we notice anything else.

But so far, for me ACE3 is the best addon in terms of performance and stability so far.

1. Bug. - disable prevent instant death in medical module.

2-5 might be features or indeed bugs. Wasn't hit yet with ACE3 on :)

6 - Do you mean delay on self interaction or interaction - its not a lag. At least for me its a feature to prevent menu from popping up all the time I hit interaction key accidentally.