acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Amazing work so far, especially the map tools are amazing, i love such small details.

One small note, it would be nice to have the option to choose "no effect" in the "pain effect type settings".

My Previous Post about the ammo HUD fell through the cracks after a whole bunch of spam, so here is quote of it from before:

Any Possibility to remove the line between the blank space where it used to show ammo in mag, and the magazines?

For instance it used to show "x | x"

Now its " | x" <--- (Ie: A blank in the first space, but still has a line in between)

And since there is no amount in the first number, the line between them shouldn't be needed.

I'm not sure if this would count as a bug but IMO its pretty annoying to see/serves no functionality.

How would one draw using map tools?

Hold down Alt and click on the map. Click again to place the line. Hover over the line and press Delete to remove the line.

On you wiki, medical system documentation there is a polish sentence "w zależności od głębokości i szerokości rany dosyć szybkie wykrwawianie się" for the cut wounds instead of english ;)

Are enemies supposed to take more than two full magazines to die? Our group has played a lot with it, and we think the amount of shots it takes to kill a normal infantry unit is incredibly silly. When we pump 30 rounds at point blank to kill something it really destroys the experience.

Are enemies supposed to take more than two full magazines to die? Our group has played a lot with it, and we think the amount of shots it takes to kill a normal infantry unit is incredibly silly. When we pump 30 rounds at point blank to kill something it really destroys the experience.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/1155#issuecomment-102601418

No, they're not supposed to do that. If you have the prevent instant death setting on and basic medical, it's a bug: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/1155#issuecomment-102601418

If that's the case, from the comments disabling it for right now is a workaround. If you don't, it's probably worth making an issue on their tracker.

Edited by Fadi

Is there a possible bug with javelin locking/changing fire mode ? I can make it work with vanilla titan (mini-spike) with both change fire & ACE 3 locking system, while Javelin (RHS) is only working with the basic vanilla locking and no TOP fire mode.

I've only launched latest CBA, ACE 3 (official release to public) and latest RHS RU/US pack.

I assumed it was compatible from start because i saw "titan/javelin" on the official wiki. Or maybe i missed something.

Source : http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/javelin.html

Yeah but a "Squad Server" could just have a Servermods Mod folder setup, and have the PBOs pulled out and thats how you download it to play on the Server. As for the one or two players that cant function... well tough shit.:yay:

The cool part about ACE3 is the modular concept.

Sure but is there any reason it's not just an option in game or module?

I just don't get the value of it, are there really that many people who like (fake) realistic names as opposed to what everyone already knows?

Tab in AGM used to rest weapon now it does not does anyone know how to rest or use bipods in ACE3

I guess it's because bipods feature is already included by BIS.

Is there a possible bug with javelin locking/changing fire mode ? I can make it work with vanilla titan (mini-spike) with both change fire & ACE 3 locking system, while Javelin (RHS) is only working with the basic vanilla locking and no TOP fire mode.

I've only launched latest CBA, ACE 3 (official release to public) and latest RHS RU/US pack.

I assumed it was compatible from start because i saw "titan/javelin" on the official wiki. Or maybe i missed something.

Source : http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/javelin.html

Not included in current release. However it is included un the source code now. So you could build the PBO yourself from source, or wait for next release.

Question about the AI for whenever they get updated to perform medical. Will they be able to save you if you're unconscious, and how will regular healing work for AI healing themselves?

I guess it's because bipods feature is already included by BIS.

But what is the activation key

In the PBO or the editor? In the editor it would only affect a specific mission, right?

What I would ideally want is to have it work on every mission (except if its overridden of course), but I'm unsure if that's possible.

I might be stupid, but I can not for the life of me figure out how to 1. remove the medic requirement and 2. activate advanced medical system. I'm close to giving up and simply taking out the medical system as it is, for us, unplayable if we are required to have a medic class character. As a former combat medic and nurse to be I would LOVE to have this system in place, however the way that would work for us.

Could someone please explain in simple steps exactly where I should change these settings?

But what is the activation key

Unrelated to ACE, but the default key is 'C'.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/1155#issuecomment-102601418

No, they're not supposed to do that. If you have the prevent instant death setting on and basic medical, it's a bug: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/1155#issuecomment-102601418

If that's the case, from the comments disabling it for right now is a workaround. If you don't, it's probably worth making an issue on their tracker.

This is already fixed and will be released as a hotfix, or if you're very eager, you can compile a build yourself.

just wondering, any plans on releasing ACE3 on Steam Workshop?

Since it's open-source, you could throw it up there yourself. However an official, maintained, upload would be much preferred.

Oh, I think CBA isn't on the workshop afaik so you'd need to add that, too.

when ace_hearing is synced to a player is there a reason why i don't get good'ol tinnitus when fireing a mg - or is it simply not integrated (yet)?

when ace_hearing is synced to a player is there a reason why i don't get good'ol tinnitus when fireing a mg - or is it simply not integrated (yet)?

You do not have to sync it for it to work.

Medical facility

I am looking to find how to add a medical facility to a mission. I use Stratis and have not placed any buildings myself but want one of the existing buildings to be my medical facility. I have the module that is supposed to be synced to the building but it can't be synced to objects that I have not placed. I'm just using the editor and do minimal scripting.

How am I supposed to do??

In agm I used an area marker and a trigger named to medevac and the medical module automatically recognized it.

Could I get some help with this please?

Is it really possible to sync to map objects? (No line appear when I try)

If I use a marker, should it have a special name? Anything that should be in the init field?

You do not have to sync it for it to work.

is the tinnitus implemented yet or why does it not work for me?

I don't get the tinnitus sound either, but I do notice the game sound itself gets quieter when firing without earplugs in.

I don't get the tinnitus sound either, but I do notice the game sound itself gets quieter when firing without earplugs in.

yes it does but i think it isn't worth the work to plug in earplugs just for a little louder sound isn't it?

I have no clue why it would work for some and not others.

The following link is to the contents of my Userconfig >ace>serverconfig.hpp http://pastebin.com/8FTnsazw

Using that while moving the ace_server.pbo in your addons folder should override all modules on the map.

It works for me with those settings.