acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

It's almost everything I would say. Only thing missing is the name of the MK82 detonator, if I recall it correctly.

Bug question/annoucement, it's me or rabbits have a HUGE spawn now? Like lots of them when a mission has been running for some hours.

How do you diagnose your own injuries? Me and my friend loved playing with ACE, but we're totally stumped when it comes to fixing our own wounds. I've found that once I'm shot I'm left bandaging randomly in the hope that I'd fix something. Also, I shot a guy in the left leg with an SMG and he instantly died, is that intentional?

Hi im a big fan of ACE since arma 2, also been enjoing AGM. So thanks for this, but have alittle problem. I play primarily with ai squad members in my squad, so its alittle problematic that the 6, 7 and 8 keys are used for grenade chooser, are there way to change the controls for this, like there were in AGM??

Sixt

Hi im a big fan of ACE since arma 2, also been enjoing AGM. So thanks for this, but have alittle problem. I play primarily with ai squad members in my squad, so its alittle problematic that the 6, 7 and 8 keys are used for grenade chooser, are there way to change the controls for this, like there were in AGM??

ACE3 is using CBA keybinds, Escape (Pause) -> Controls -> Configure Addons -> drop-down menus for different ACE3 control groups. You can (un)bind them as you wish.

It's not documented yet, but you can enable it in ACE Options or a mission module, which can be exported as a config.

Still a noob...;)

I found the activation module in the mission editor, but in the ACE settings menu I can´t find an entry for enabling advanced ballistics or any of its characteristics. Is it that it has not yet been implemented, or i´m having an installation error, maybe? I have only the latest CBA and ACE enabled for testing this...

aah thanks for the answer :-)

question:

where can i find userconfig file to customize my keys?

i can't find it, thanks in advance

I know I can set someone captive with the new module, but how do I untie him with a trigger? anybody knows?

Thanks.

question:

where can i find userconfig file to customize my keys?

i can't find it, thanks in advance

Keybindings are done through CBA, not a userconfig file.

While in game, press esc -> configuration -> controls -> Configure addons -> ACE *

I thought there was supposed to be a way to change the way the menus worked so you no longer had to hold the button. Am I mistaken?

Hi another problem, when i set a mission up on my own dedi server, it takes likes 20 bullits to kill an enemy ai?? im using the rhs and HLC ACE optionel files??

There is no problem when i run the mission local.

Edited by Sixt

While in game, press esc -> configuration -> controls -> Configure addons -> ACE *

i can go to configure addons but there is nothing to select...

a friend has no button for configuring addons.

can you help?

You have to start a mission (place a unit in the editor and launch it) for the list to have stuff in it.

You have to start a mission (place a unit in the editor and launch it) for the list to have stuff in it.

that's what the readme from cba says but it doesnt help...

Is there no way to assign a double pressed key ?

For instance wipe goggles was always "T,T" for me. A Double press of the T key. I don't seem to be able to recreate that now ?

I har really been looking forward for this, but the nearly immortal ai on my server, makes this unplayable :-( i dont know if others have the same problem?

Ruthberg, there have been some changes to settings with the ATragMX, could you go over what those are? For instance, when setting the Inclination there is a C and D box. What goes where? Do we put info into both? Into one?

What weapons were used to create the Gun list? Should I expect RHS/HLC/etc weapons of the same caliber to work, or should I expect only vanilla weapons of the same caliber to work?

Thanks for all your hard work!!

Ruthberg, there have been some changes to settings with the ATragMX, could you go over what those are?
If you want to go in-depth - read this: https://www.horusvision.com/download/manual_Horus_ATrag-v385.pdf
For instance, when setting the Inclination there is a C and D box. What goes where? Do we put info into both? Into one?
You can either enter the cosine of the angle into the C box, or the angle in degrees into the D box.
What weapons were used to create the Gun list? Should I expect RHS/HLC/etc weapons of the same caliber to work, or should I expect only vanilla weapons of the same caliber to work?
It depends a lot on how accurate you want the solution to be. The best option is to create one dedicated profile per gun/ammo combination you shoot. The predefined gun profiles assume a typical barrel length (usually around 24") and twist (usually right-hand) for the given caliber.

You are also welcome to join the public slack chat:

https://ace3public.slack.com/messages/advanced_ballistics/

You can get yourself invited here:

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/429

So given the limited documentation, let me see if I udnerstood this correctly:

In order to use ace3 I need to install a bunch of python and other coding tools to build my own version? There isn't just a normal mod download that everyone can use?

My group experienced a problem. Some of our member cant interact with others and some can.

Is somebody else encounter these problems?

YES YES YES...give us more updates to download! AKA I'm loving the mod. ;)

The interact not working for some people is a known issue. For now they have to reconnect.

Edited by wadethegreatest