acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

. Also, can the AI use the medical system or will this not work in SP?

No but they said they'll implement something to remedy this. Also holding out my congrats 'til GIBS make a showing

What does the "ace_server" do in the optional folder and does everyone need to be using it?

What does the "ace_server" do in the optional folder and does everyone need to be using it?

Only the server needs it to be moved to the addons folder IF the server wants to force settings on all clients. The "userconfig" folder must also be in the proper place.

There is a little more to it then that but you get the point.

The "ace_server.pbo" did not have a bisign file to go with it. I put it in the ace addons folder on my dedicated server and it was causing the server to not launch a mission all the way. Removing the ace_server.pbo from the ace addons folder fixed it. Weird. Before ACE3 released officially, the server pbo worked fine (Don't know what it did, but it worked and didn't crash) on the server.

The RHS Javelin worked in a pre-release version I was testing with the ACE3 targeting and top down attack, but in the release version it does not seem to work. the spike/Titan works as intended using the ACE3 instructions.

I really like ACE3 and I love the javelin interpretation, hopefully it's a bug and will be fixed shortly!

It is not a bug. Inheritance was disabled for the javelin guidance because just about every mod inherits from the Titan for *all of their launchers*, so we had to basically break inheritence for all launchers due to this. This is poor mod design, poor config usage, and bad practice for the mod makers - but so many of them do it *the wrong way*, we had to turn our stuff off to stop the bug reports.

Our latest master branch has the RHS Javelin added to its compatibility pbo, so it will work if you get that off our repo and build it. https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/tree/master/optionals/compat_rhs_usf3

Hello, after installing the mod im getting a error i will load up the game and either join our server with ACE running on it, or launching the editor and placing a unit and hitting preview. i get to the point RIGHT before it shows your character then the game crashes and it says the fault module is ACE_Advanced_ballistics.dll

i have tried the DLL in the root folder of arma 3 aswell and no joy.

anyone have a idea on how to fix?

Congratulations! You are in a group of about 0.75% of Haswell processor owners, who got faulty builds of the processors! Hurray! Yipee!! I know, feels great right?

Anyways - I reported the bug to Microsoft (Sad compiler bugs make you sad!) - and the builds are fixed in a branch on our repo. If you are getting these crashes, download the DLL's from here: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/tree/extBuildFix and overwrite the DLL's in your ACE folder. This should solve it for you for now, until the next release.

My entire group has been testing ACE3 and none of us can get Epinephrine to work. we dont even get the option to give it to the patient. everything else works. Thoughts ? User error ?

*update i solved it. USER ERROR.

Having a great time with ACE

Edited by Opsixdelta

As a medic that plays with AI I'd love to be able to get a wounded one to hold still so I can patch him up! Is there any way to do this ("tap shoulder" perhaps?) or do I just have to wait until he drops unconscious?

The "ace_server.pbo" did not have a bisign file to go with it. I put it in the ace addons folder on my dedicated server and it was causing the server to not launch a mission all the way. Removing the ace_server.pbo from the ace addons folder fixed it. Weird. Before ACE3 released officially, the server pbo worked fine (Don't know what it did, but it worked and didn't crash) on the server.

Try launching it with serverMods

We tested today ace3, we encounterd a problem with the enemy AI. After we shot two AI's all AI's on the map got immortal. Any idea what could cause this? We use tfr + the included cba and the rh m4 and pistol pack. The only way to kill the AI is to use a car (drive over them) or explosives. We use the basic medic system (not the advanced).

Did you figure this out? I am having the same problem. We run various mods but none in common with you, except for CBA and ACE3 of course.

EDIT: It doesn't happen on a local host listen server (LAN) only on the dedicated. Clawhammer do you force server settings with ACE3?

Edited by bigpoppablunts

Curious if others have noticed low fps after about 15 min of gameplay. Me and my group have both large and small coop missions that we have been playing with AGM for a year now. We do run a good bit of mods, but the missions always ran smooth as butter with AGM. However with Ace... after about 15 min of gameplay... whoever is hosting the mission starts getting progressively worse framerates. Eventually getting down to like 8 fps and it becomes unplayable. This is a small group about 4 of us, but everyone else still has frame rates around 30-50 but the host drags down to 8 fps when they used to run at least 30 consistently.

We tried this, with running no mods, running small missions with only about 30 enemy Ai and we also tried some large scale coop missions with lots of enemies and assets in play. All suffered the same dramatic FPS issues. We also tried different ACE modules, we would sometimes have them all going, sometimes we would only have the basic medical module in play. But regardless it would drag down to 8fps for the host. When we load the exact same mission up with AGM... we would get 30-40 fps for the host of the mission.

Anyways just curious if anyone else is having this issue or perhaps there are some ACE setting I can adjust to help alleviate some of this. Thanks all. My group loves everything about ACE so if we can work out the issue we are having with FPS we will be five by five.

Did you figure this out? I am having the same problem. We run various mods but none in common with you, except for CBA and ACE3 of course.

EDIT: It doesn't happen on a local host listen server (LAN) only on the dedicated. Clawhammer do you force server settings with ACE3?

We had a similar issue yesterday, but not for all AI. We'll test some more today.

I test AB, atragmx and kestral4500 i loved it but the weapon sway are too mush even with right mouse button (hold breath) still too mush it is like arma 1.38 befor the marksmen dlc addon is that normal?

I did not know what has happened i test it today and the sway is gone i remember that i was playing with greandes and may be i got injured by fragment or somthing if that the case it is good but i hope to reduce the value of sway a little

Edited by macfifa

We tested today ace3, we encounterd a problem with the enemy AI. After we shot two AI's all AI's on the map got immortal. Any idea what could cause this? We use tfr + the included cba and the rh m4 and pistol pack. The only way to kill the AI is to use a car (drive over them) or explosives. We use the basic medic system (not the advanced).
If they are dying by explosives and such, they will die by bullets. You may have been using units or weapons with fucked up armor/damage values. Please try with vanilla units.

We had a similar issue yesterday, but not for all AI. We'll test some more today.

Iam currently testing, i have CBA+TFR+ACE3 and this project reality island loaded, i cannot kill enemy AAF Units. Just explosives works.

@Bigpoppablunts What do you mean with force server settings with ACE3?

I have the following modules on the map:

ACE Ballistics

ACE Blue Force Tracking

ACE Explosive System

ACE Hearing

ACE Interaction System

ACE Map

ACE MicroDagr

ACE MK6 Settings

ACE Name Tags

ACE Respawn System

ACE Weather

ACE Wind deflection

ACE Basic Medical System

ACE Set Medical Class

EDIT: I tried to remove all the modules one after the another to find out wich module cause this issues (because without them all is fine). It is the ACE Basic Medical Module what cause this issues. Iam now checking the configs of the module...

EDIT2: It is the setting: "Prevent Instant Death" that cause the issue, if i disable that, everythink works fine.

Edited by Clawhammer

Thanks Clawhammer.

What I meant by forcing server settings is using the server.pbo along with the userconfig file (generated content using the allow config export module) to force all module settings in each mission the server runs.

Anyway, I will change the Prevent Instant Death setting and see what happens.

Thanks Clawhammer.

What I meant by forcing server settings is using the server.pbo along with the userconfig file (generated content using the allow config export module) to force all module settings in each mission the server runs.

Anyway, I will change the Prevent Instant Death setting and see what happens.

Ah ok, no we just place the modules on the map to force the ace settings.

Do I need to put modules on map if I play single player or with editor?

For certain features, yes.

Yes for the more advanced functions to work.
How do I use the optional PBOs as RHS right?
Just take the RHS compability pbo files from the optional folder and put them in the addons folder.

With key provided, the server wont load :(

Edited by Numrollen

With key provided, the server wont load :(

For me all ok

last time ițve checked, a key cannot stop a server from loading, but can only stop people from connecting

please do add the option to re-enable the static animations. They make AI feel more believable. Or maybe just disable them for players. Could be a module, potentially.