acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Someone else have the problem that you cant start / stop vehicle engines with 1 / 2 ?

Hello together,

our server does not start, the following error message:

Warning Message: Addon 'ace_CUP_Weapons_Ammunition_comp' requires addon 'CUP_Weapons_Ammunition'

Help ....

greeting

Hello together,

our server does not start, the following error message:

Warning Message: Addon 'ace_CUP_Weapons_Ammunition_comp' requires addon 'CUP_Weapons_Ammunition'

Help ....

greeting

Please re-update/re-install ACE. You had the broken build that was on Six for the first 24 hours.

We tested today ace3, we encounterd a problem with the enemy AI. After we shot two AI's all AI's on the map got immortal. Any idea what could cause this? We use tfr + the included cba and the rh m4 and pistol pack. The only way to kill the AI is to use a car (drive over them) or explosives. We use the basic medic system (not the advanced).

First of congrats, looks good, however in the future would it be possible to turn of the black and white blinking when your unconscious from a crash, as it is now it's giving me a headache, and lastly how do I change back to the easy to use 2D UI?

Please update to RC6 of CBA (Not the armaholic version which is RC4, RC6 off the CBA thread)
I'm using PW6 so i would assume that that's the latest version which i always update.

First of congrats, looks good, however in the future would it be possible to turn of the black and white blinking when your unconscious from a crash, as it is now it's giving me a headache, and lastly how do I change back to the easy to use 2D UI?

Go to your ACE Settings, turn on chromatic abberation.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Fantastic addition to any groups mod collection. A quality successor to both agm and cse.

The only thing I'm not to pleased about is the locking on system with the minispike at having to go into thermal then zoom in just to lock on seems counter intuitive. I'm not sure what was wrong with the original system. Other than that the 3d menu is great and there are some great additions to the game.

The Titan currently implements the Javelin guidance and locking mechanics (which are soon to be implemented compat on the RHS javelins).

The javelin requires a thermal signature lock, so it is a real life requirement.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

We tested today ace3, we encounterd a problem with the enemy AI. After we shot two AI's all AI's on the map got immortal. Any idea what could cause this? We use tfr + the included cba and the rh m4 and pistol pack. The only way to kill the AI is to use a car (drive over them) or explosives. We use the basic medic system (not the advanced).

If they are dying by explosives and such, they will die by bullets. You may have been using units or weapons with fucked up armor/damage values. Please try with vanilla units.

May i ask where i can find more info on mod compatiblity and new config classes?

I found this but there is no explanation on what they do or how to use them:

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/documentation/development/ace3-config-entries.md

we are still working on that documentation Chairbone. Our main goal though, is to provide mod makers with a huge amount of functionality for them to integrate for compatibility. Thats kind of one of our primary goals.

Documentation for all of those features, as we work on it, will be updated in the "Framework" section of the wiki.

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/

I have a few questions regarding the medical system.

1. What is the real use of the surgical kit? I tried using it several times but saw no effect. module is set to anyone and anywhere.

2. Units seem to be invulnerable once unconscious, yes they get more wounds but do not actually die.

3. bloody bandages and stuff spawn in quite a big radius of about 20m, used to be closer to the patient in alpha. (very minor inconvenience)

I am not able to drag or carry AI and players..

Am I doing something wrong..

what do the optional configs do excactly?

They add compatibility for various mods (you can see from the name which mod), that is to give it to authors of those mods as it is much better if compatibility is handled in the mod itself, ACE3 is simply providing some starter ones.

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:55 ----------

I have a few questions regarding the medical system.

1. What is the real use of the surgical kit? I tried using it several times but saw no effect. module is set to anyone and anywhere.

2. Units seem to be invulnerable once unconscious, yes they get more wounds but do not actually die.

3. bloody bandages and stuff spawn in quite a big radius of about 20m, used to be closer to the patient in alpha. (very minor inconvenience)

1. No idea, sorry!

2. Please check this issue and if possible reply on it by following issue reporting guidelines, as the bug has actually been reported and we'd like to get more information.

3. Known, check this issue.

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

I am not able to drag or carry AI and players..

Am I doing something wrong..

Just tried, works fine. Make sure AI is unconscious and not dead, you can't drag/carry dead AI/players (unless you pack them into a body bag).

Congratulations for this reléase, team...

Probably a noob question, but, Where can I change the config file in order to enable the advanced ballistics or any other optional feature? I can´t find any ace config file anywhere...

Congratulations for this reléase, team...

Probably a noob question, but, Where can I change the config file in order to enable the advanced ballistics or any other optional feature? I can´t find any ace config file anywhere...

It's not documented yet, but you can enable it in ACE Options or a mission module, which can be exported as a config.

we are still working on that documentation Chairbone. Our main goal though, is to provide mod makers with a huge amount of functionality for them to integrate for compatibility. Thats kind of one of our primary goals.

Documentation for all of those features, as we work on it, will be updated in the "Framework" section of the wiki.

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/

I see, thanks for your reply.

It's probably something that should be posted on the github, but if I can make once suggestion it would be more feedback where you can't do X because of Y. They would probably stop a huge host of questions and complaints in the future by people who just don't understand how the mechanics work. I know I already ran into a few of these and had to look them up on the wiki, which is obviously not great during the middle of a game.

Some examples I can think of:

-If you try and fire with the javelin without locking, it would be great to have some subtle text about needing a target lock. And if you try and lock a target without being zoomed in and in thermal mode, have some text telling them that. Doesn't need to be really big or flashy, maybe just some fade in text upon failure to fire.

-A 'disabled' state icon for actions that are common but only in some situations, for example taking captives or putting your hands up. It could be just darkened and greyed out, and if you try and select it, it could tell you why you can't do it. This already happens in some situations (trying to drag something that's too heavy), but it's not consistent with other actions.

Edit: i'm also finding that, as someone else reported, any AI units that are unconscious are made invulnerable, regardless of what happens to them. I'm not sure if I had it set to avoid player death while unconscious, i'll have to check later.

Also does anyone have any help with using the "Basic Revive" system that seems to be an option with the medical module? Can't figure out how to get it setup or working.

Edited by Soulis6

I test AB, atragmx and kestral4500 i loved it but the weapon sway are too mush even with right mouse button (hold breath) still too mush it is like arma 1.38 befor the marksmen dlc addon is that normal?

It's probably something that should be posted on the github, but if I can make once suggestion it would be more feedback where you can't do X because of Y. They would probably stop a huge host of questions and complaints in the future by people who just don't understand how the mechanics work. I know I already ran into a few of these and had to look them up on the wiki, which is obviously not great during the middle of a game.

Post them here and they'll for sure be noticed, I like the ideas as well.

Also does anyone have any help with using the "Basic Revive" system that seems to be an option with the medical module? Can't figure out how to get it setup or working.

Maybe Revive Settings module documentation can help you out.

So is it just me, or is damage hyper sensitive now? I mean, if a car lightly taps you, I die - and it only takes a single shot to kill enemies. Also, can the AI use the medical system or will this not work in SP?

Have you tried placing the ACE medical modules and modified the damage modifiers that AI and players take? (Default value is 1, but I like to set it a tiny bit lower like 0.90)

There's a PBO for compat with RHS. Does it include the Javelin with Top Down mode? I have made it work with the Arma 3 Titan, but no luck with the RHS javelin

---------- Post added at 08:40 ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 ----------

ACE_Banana

ACE_DebugPotato

WTF¿ XD

The RHS Javelin worked in a pre-release version I was testing with the ACE3 targeting and top down attack, but in the release version it does not seem to work. the spike/Titan works as intended using the ACE3 instructions.

I really like ACE3 and I love the javelin interpretation, hopefully it's a bug and will be fixed shortly!

It's not documented yet, but you can enable it in ACE Options or a mission module, which can be exported as a config.

I'm also hanging out for config documentation, but in the meantime, damn that's a neat feature :)

Bloody well done all-round, gents. Thoroughly enjoying initial tests.

Hello, after installing the mod im getting a error i will load up the game and either join our server with ACE running on it, or launching the editor and placing a unit and hitting preview. i get to the point RIGHT before it shows your character then the game crashes and it says the fault module is ACE_Advanced_ballistics.dll

i have tried the DLL in the root folder of arma 3 aswell and no joy.

anyone have a idea on how to fix?