acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

how ? i'm not programmer. need to create a software able to transform ideas into addons... :p

I hardly know coding, but I've got an English language exam. Coding isn't the only contribution you can do with ACE, and every step is just as important to get forward. Setting up a tiny development environment in five minutes of automated "next"-s and debugging the mod also helps.

Congrats on the release guys! This is a huge step for the arma community.

how ? i'm not programmer. need to create a software able to transform ideas into addons... :p

appreciating the work that has been put into this and not complaining about everything that is not (yet) included also helps...

there is no lock-on for GBU in ACE, it's not automated anymore.

to guide your bomb, just enable your laser, drop your bomb and aim at your target until impact.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

i know, i know, i'm just teasing :)

i know these will come progressively, but i just have difficulty to switch from A2 ACE to A3 ACE.

..ok,so when I'm heading with my A-10D to the target previously lased with a darter,i have simply to drop the bomb...but it fall away from my TGT...is because my altitude and speed or WHAT??

thank you

Installing ACE3 on a dedicated server brings good results on initial testing. No userconfig is used.

In previous ACE3 versions I found that frag grenades and underbarrel grenades has

But in released version this effect is much less. Am I wrong?

FastRoping is not in due to rather inconvenient way of how it worked in AGM, there are plans to find a better way and so it was decided to add it in later versions.

You can't disable some parts of ACE3 while the game is running (realistic names, optics adjustment...) due to reliance on config, removing the PBO is currently the only way.

Set captive on yourself was not removed, put your weapon on the back and then you can surrender. For targets, make sure you have cuffs on you.

I can understand that AGM fastrope have some flaws but it was best fastrope i have seen for a long time. And you guys didnt implemented It. Can u guys bring it back :) and when you find that better solution to just change it. :)

But all in all than you for the hard work

In previous ACE3 versions I found that frag grenades and underbarrel grenades has
But in released version this effect is much less. Am I wrong?

The 40mm grenades fragmentation effect was way overpowered a while ago. I fixed it with this pull request 20 days ago.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/818

Did you by chance implement the round parachute for paratroopers?

How do I use these damn map tools xD

Seriously, whats the key to use them? Am I missing some key from the CBA menu?

edit: I had to use this code manually to add the map tools on the map...Is there some other way perhaps?

ace_maptools_mapTool_Shown = 2; [] call ace_maptools_fnc_updateMapToolMarkers

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Edited by PhonicStudios

Update has fixed the HLC errors for me!

Just started familiarizing myself with the ACE3 Options. The level of customization is top shelf!

I like other users am experiencing some loss in performance while using ACE3 though. Anywhere between 10 and 20 fps at times, I have a lot of faith that this will be worked out though :D

Congratulations on release and thank you for your work, folks. ACE for Arma 2 was amazing and I'm totally looking forward to countless hours of gameplay with ACE3! :cool:

How do I use these damn map tools xD

Seriously, whats the key to use them? Am I missing some key from the CBA menu?

edit: I had to use this code manually to add the map tools on the map...Is there some other way perhaps?

ace_maptools_mapTool_Shown = 2; [] call ace_maptools_fnc_updateMapToolMarkers

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Self-interact when map is open and go to "Equipment" option. It will appear in the bottom left corner of the map. Hold left-click on it and move your mouse around to drag. Can also rotate it and other cool stuff.

Self-interact when map is open and go to "Equipment" option. It will appear in the bottom left corner of the map. Hold left-click on it and move your mouse around to drag. Can also rotate it and other cool stuff.

Thanks.

Anyone know how to add self interaction entries like you could with AGM?

"No Idle Animation with lowered weapon" (from 'additional features')

This sounds really nice if this is what I think it is.

When lowering the weapon, the player character seem to wince and twitch almost ALL the damn time, not standing still, really annoying in Arma 2 and 3.

Edited by Treehugger

Update has fixed the HLC errors for me!

Just started familiarizing myself with the ACE3 Options. The level of customization is top shelf!

I like other users am experiencing some loss in performance while using ACE3 though. Anywhere between 10 and 20 fps at times, I have a lot of faith that this will be worked out though :D

Still have lots to test though, but been using CSE for a long time and ACE3 "feels" better in performance. That's something I'm pretty amazed about the devs. (Yeah, sometimes my english sucks)

Weapon shortcut keys 1 through 7 or so aren't bound by default and for whatever reason i can't assign them. As soon as i double click to set a new one it tells me "unknown error 347788" or something(not sure about the number)
http://i.imgur.com/qoumZKt.jpg (389 kB)

Anyone?

Great to see an official release of this, trying all the features out now thanks to the wiki!

Having waited for an official release and reading all the comments in the WIP thread, I would just like to say the interaction menu is a great feature, feels like part of the game than just another pop up menu. However I would suggest, is it possible to have it so while the menus are open the player is in freelook mode? While this is easily fixed by the player doing it manually I would say the menus are much easier to use when in freelook, and movement/direction is not affected.

Again, great work to all involved. Can't wait to see what's next!

Bad version 68 in p3d file 'z\ace\addons\medical\data\bandage.p3d

Anyone know the cause for this?

You need to update your arma, your running 1.42 and have not updated to 1.44