R3vo

Virtual Garage/Arsenal Discussion

Hey folks,

it's time for another discussion thread!

The main purpose of this thread is it to collect wishes, suggions, feedback and bug reports for the Virtual Arsenal(VA) and Virtual Arsenal Garage(VAG)!

While the VA as recently recieve a minor update, it feels like the VAG has been neglected, however, it's an awesome feature and would be a great addition for many public missions.

Here are my bug reports and suggestions:

VGA:

Bugs:

- The button in the lower right corner has no text. It's presumeably the OK button.(See screenshot)

- At the right side, next to the filter buttons is a small black square that has no purpose.(See screenshot)

- Some vehicles have strange 3D icons which do not fit into the design.(See screenshot)

- Taru pods have no icons at all

- Taru pods are in the static category

- Hiding the police signs from the Motorboat has no effect

Suggestions:

- Give mission editors the option to define different spawn points for differnent vehicle classes e.g, boats, air, ground

- Add a proper wiki page for the VGA, same like we have for the VA

- Don't sort the vehicle by their base classes, but rather by the new editorSubcategory config entry

- An option to sort the vehicles by mods

- Display more information about the vehicle:

• Weapon range
  • Fuel capacity
  • Cargo weight capacity
  • Can load vehicles
  • Weaponary
  • Ammo count for each weapon
  • A proper description for the vehicle, maybe taken from the Field Manual(Afterall the main purpose of the VGA was it, to make new player familiar with the vehicle arsenal)
  • Passenger count

- Clicking next to the gui should not close the menu. That's utterly annoying, also applies to the VA

That's all for now, happy discussing!

• Like 6

Again a valuable important thread. Garage is and should be used more and has such positive implications to mission making. I would like customization options more then just cosmetic paint jobs but weapon load out,. Extra bits like Bull bars or extra lights More seats or less. Basically what Arsenal is to units is what garage should be to vehicles.

With the new vehicles in Apex it would have been nice to via-garage to select a LSV and add various weapons systems from Grenade launchers to mounted Titan AT missile systems to maybe a read gunner seat. Iron sighted 50 Cal. Gatling for the NATO variant. Add more ammo or other SPMGs to passengers positions.

• Like 2

Bug: Certain items when equipped don't stick (the NATO combat helmet, for example. Equipping this results in the unit wearing no helmet at all).

I read the devbranch changelog every day. They've made improvements and have added new features yet haven't addressed the existing bugs. Very strange development philosophy.

• Passenger count

I'm pretty certain that Garage already accomplishes this unless I missed your meaning, though this is affected by how some vehicle seats end up with "gunner" and "commander" seats, with the former being displayed as Gunner even if they're a FFV seat (see: both LSVs).

With the new vehicles in Apex it would have been nice to via-garage to select a LSV and add various weapons systems from Grenade launchers to mounted Titan AT missile systems to maybe a read gunner seat. Iron sighted 50 Cal. Gatling for the NATO variant. Add more ammo or other SPMGs to passengers positions.

Unfortunately this would be cool but might require an entirely different approach to handling vehicle weapons or animation support for proxies; I understand that what you're looking for would require that every possible vehicle+weapon combination have its own Garage entry and model even if the latter differed only in their turret.

I'm pretty certain that Garage already accomplishes this unless I missed your meaning, though this is affected by how some vehicle seats end up with "gunner" and "commander" seats, with the former being displayed as Gunner even if they're a FFV seat (see: both LSVs).

Yes your right, however, I believe it would be benefition if we had a simple display which would say: Passenger Seats: XX  Crew Seats: XX

Make a module that you sync to an object in editor. The synced object would then allow players to access the VA, with an option to restrict gear to the player's faction.

I am really hoping that the Virtual Garage gets some more love, because it is pretty cool. It would be nice for some options to restrict what shows up in both of these by side or faction.

Why is Arsenal automatically adding bipods of LMGs? For example: you whitelist "arifle_MX_SW_F" and it also adds "bipod_01_F_snd".