rimap-p90

Suggestion: Female character as the next DLC???

Would you like BIS to create a a "playable" female characters?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like BIS to create a "playable" female characters?

• Yes
    • No, they should focus on other aspects of the game
    • No opinion

Quite frankly, while I'd love to see female soldiers and I don't think "avoiding controversy" is a good reason not to have them, I don't think they should be priority, either. Airplane FM (fixedwinglib-based one, for example), the medical system (we might get that one without DLC), better AI (could be a part of a high command-oriented DLC) and better tracked vehicle simulation would all be much, much better ideas for BI to focus on.

Also, making women a DLC would be, IMO, a ridiculous move by itself. This is something that either should've been in there from the start or quietly patched in. While having women in game might be mildly controversial, making people pay to have women in game would just be... wrong. If they were to be introduced in a DLC, it'd have to be advertised as an "expansion" adding many other things beyond that.

I voted "yes", but with reservations. ArmA simply has many other areas that need attention as well. There's an excellent mod that adds female characters, but one can't mod in fixedwinglib. The latter would be a tangible improvement on both immersion and gameplay (like rotorwinglib for helos was), while the former would only help with immersion.

• Like 3

+1 for tracked vehicle dlc and shitton of tweaks in that area.

• Like 1

While a good idea, the work and effort needed to get it done rather then just hopefully doing it in Arma 4 on the new enfusion engine is too much for little impact. If they were gonna do it, then it would of been done a year or so ago. Sad but true

As for the Dlc rumours I feel there is one more DLC in the bag somewhere, maybe not a huge map but something small say double stratis size with an actual campaign that shows the right direction of what we want them to go in.

I don't think "avoiding controversy" is a good reason not to have them

A2 did an excellent job for civilians at least, doesn't have to be more than what we had in A2 to make missions play out more authentic.

Having civilians waltz around, talking (!) to each other and giving out information about vehicles passing through town really added something that's leaving a huge gap in A3.

Unlike Stalkermaster2015 wrote, I don't think adding female civilians would have little impact. At least for gamemodes other than XYZ life or wasteland.

Cheers

Once ArmA4 comes around, we really should push for female characters to be included in the game, both for player use and in the story. We had a female voice as far as ArmA1! The devs need to stop excusing their lazyness with "political correctness" and get on with the times. 

If political correctness was a thing in the Armaverse, we would have soldiers riding around in wheelchairs, waving rainbow flags. No, I still think it's a pure cost vs. benefit issue. The core game is functional without females and thus performing such a major change three years post release is highly unlikely.

I'd gladly pay for a women + children civilian population DLC :P (dont need fully equipped soldiers/reworked gear for that)

But I'd pay for any DLC really, even if its something like marksman which I dont ever use.

If I had to choose between a proper medical/wounding-system DLC and a womans DLC the choice would be much harder. I doubt any of those wet dreams will become reality anyway.

If political correctness was a thing in the Armaverse, we would have soldiers riding around in wheelchairs, waving rainbow flags. No, I still think it's a pure cost vs. benefit issue. The core game is functional without females and thus performing such a major change three years post release is highly unlikely.

On a side note, I wouldn't mind a wheelchair "vehicle" with fitting animations. :>