beno_83au

Trying to display weapon picture in dialog

Ok, so this post was previously asking why I couldn't get a weapon picture displaying in a RscPicture. Kinda got that working except that the picture flashes on and off constantly and I don't know why. I haven't encountered this before with displaying pictures (albeit custom .jpgs).

Dialog:

class loadoutMenu
{
	idd = 2000;
	movingenable = false;
	onLoad = "nul = [] execVM 'blufor\loadouts\weaponPictures.sqf';";

class Controls
	{

class MainRole_Primary: RscPicture
		{
			idc = 2002;
			text = "";
			x = 5 * GUI_GRID_W + GUI_GRID_X;
			y = 7.5 * GUI_GRID_H + GUI_GRID_Y;
			w = 8 * GUI_GRID_W;
			h = 8 * GUI_GRID_H;
		};
	};
};

weaponPictures.sqf:

params ["_mainPri"];

waitUntil {!isNull (findDisplay 2000)};

_mainPri = getText (configfile >> 'CfgWeapons' >> 'arifle_MX_GL_ACO_pointer_F' >> 'picture');

ctrlSetText [2002,_mainPri];

So how do I stop it flashing?

Not sure if it's the problem but I've always used double quotes when getting info from config files

_mainPri = getText (configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> "arifle_MX_GL_ACO_pointer_F" >> "picture");

Although you're right about quotes usually being double quotes, I've used single because that line is then set as the text field in the RscPicture, so that's why I used singles. Still, don't know if it is necessary but it didn't stop the flickering on/off.

Do you have the ctrlSetText command within a loop? If so, add a check so it will only execute the command if the config path is different.

• Like 1

No, BUT, thinking more towards a loop I went back through how I'm running the dialog, and I hadn't quite realised that a loop was going to just keep firing due to the way I was handling things with a waitUntil. Another simple waitUntil after running the dialog and I'm set. Knew it'd be something simple. Cheers.