swoop

Flares in Apex

There's a particular mission in the Apex campaign where the enemy is firing flares off....and they're having a very good effect, lighting up the area like daylight, as flares are supposed to do.  However, when I fire a flare from my underslung GL.....well I may as well have lit a candle.  What gives?

Yeah I think they're using faked lights for the campaign mission. 

Ever since the lightning update (which I think is otherwise good), flares basically give off no light. Before the update, they were still pretty weak, but now just almost nothing.

The best effect i've seen by far was with Blastcore mod, they looked fantastic, but sadly that mod is no longer supported or working.

Not sure if it's ACE or RHS, but flare I have are really bright, enough to blind night vision and light up line of fire.

I don't get it.   If BI were aware that flare lighting is so messed up that they had to build their own special ones into the Apex campaign.....why are we still in the same position at the end of July?!

I would like to add the new lighting system also screws with the chem lights. 

I can't find the acknowledgement for a fix. Is it on twitter, feedback tracker or some other social media? Thanks!

IS it fixed?

I would suggest checking the latest Dev Branch updates.

IS it fixed?

There's nothing to fix really, because the flares are meant for signalling, not illumination, according to the devs and the game manual.

• Like 1