Sign in to follow this  
d00kiejones

Boats not spawning in escape from Tanoa on dedi.

I have been hosting Escape from Tanoa, the Steam workshop one, on my dedi for a week or so now and I have NEVER been able to find a boat. There are a TON of boats and water scooters that had a ~35% probability of presence, pretty much 2 at every dock if not more. When previewing directly from the editor the boats were there after adjusting the probability of presence to ~80%, however once the mission is on the dedi there are no boats. Playing from the editor and teleporting around the map I was able to find a boat, I took the boat to look for more as a test and noticed that when I left the trigger zone for the boats, the triggers hide and disabled simulation on the boats if you were not inside the trigger area, the boat would just disappear with me in it and I would have to restart. OK so I figured this was simple and deleted the triggers that hide the boats. Yeah not so simple as now I cannot get the boats the spawn at all even at 100% probability.  

There are planes as well that have ~35% probability of presence that also NEVER spawn. The helicopters that I have placed with a ~10% PoP will spawn correctly regardless of the changes I have made.  

My initial thought was that the cleanup script was deleting the boats and planes due to distance from player. But, to me, it should have also deleted the helicopters I placed.

If anyone has ANY thoughts on where to begin troubleshooting I would love to hear them. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/naa5u1x3h127mub/Escape.Tanoa.7z?dl=0 is the mission as it stands fully editable. NOTE: Default parameters may have too much AI for a quad core to host and play, lower enemy group size and disable war torn mode if performance is an issue. And yes I know the tele script is a hack job (and how to fix), I was just trying to test while hosting on the Dedi.

Are you using Neo's co10 Escape ? that is the proper one and it works fine for me and my group on Escape Tanoa.

We've found jetskis and speed boats on the coast line and by docks, always planes are the airfields as well, I know there is a ported version around, maybe that is the issue.

Are you using Neo's co10 Escape ? that is the proper one and it works fine for me and my group on Escape Tanoa.

We've found jetskis and speed boats on the coast line and by docks, always planes are the airfields as well, I know there is a ported version around, maybe that is the issue.

Using the Unoffical Tanoa port by phantom from the workshop. The CO-20 version. I will have to give the official version a try.