Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

Transparent Texture with Glass_ca.paa

Hi all,

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue? I've sorted the Alphas, used the correct suffixes (_co / _ca) but I'm getting transparent objects with AO turned on... you can see this chap's feet through the model.

9cf434a958.jpg

I've ... used the correct suffixes (_co / _ca)

So is the grey opaque texture used for the bottom part of the object a completely separate _co texture to the transparent _ca texture used on the top, or is the whole thing one texture?

So is the grey opaque texture used for the bottom part of the object a completely separate _co texture to the transparent _ca texture used on the top, or is the whole thing one texture?

Separate textures - there's a Counter_co.paa and a Glass_ca.paa :)

I've tried the Counter_co.paa texture on its own, and no anomalies. Must be something to do with the Glass_ca.paa.

Coming close to sorting this - basically, I've worked out it seems to do with the number of transparent faces in the model! Found that much out in another thread, and it seems to hold true.

Edit: Going to try to use proxies! (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/182170-ambient-occlusion-and-light-rays-of-other-objects-seen-through-some-of-my-model/).

That's problem with alpha/non-alpha space in UV. Engine thinks, that your model is fully alpha based, it's calculated in different way. To solve this, you can add named property in geometry lod: Forcenotalpha=1

• Like 3

That's problem with alpha/non-alpha space in UV. Engine thinks, that your model is fully alpha based, it's calculated in different way. To solve this, you can add named property in geometry lod: Forcenotalpha=1

Thanks so much, Redstone! You're a star! Dev input is gold dust! :D