twakkie

What Apex assets are available for non Apex owners

Hi guys.

Just a quick question regarding Apex assets.

As the Title indicates, what Apex assets are available for non Apex owners.

I know guns and vehicles you can test on vanilla maps but would you be able to use bunkers and buildings?

Reason being we want to use some of the Tonoa buildings for mission on Vanilla/Mod maps but want to ensure everyone are able to join the server.

I suspect that the Tonoa buildings/reskinned bunkers & sandbags wont be available to those who have not bought the expansions.

Thus prohibiting anyone from joining the server who has not bought the expansions.

Am I correct?

Cheers

Twak

I thought that everything in Apex is available for anyone *except* for Tanoa itself.

Reason being we want to use some of the Tonoa buildings for mission on Vanilla/Mod maps but want to ensure everyone are able to join the server.

I suspect that the Tonoa buildings/reskinned bunkers & sandbags wont be available to those who have not bought the expansions.

Thus prohibiting anyone from joining the server who has not bought the expansions.

Am I correct?

As far as I'm aware, you are correct.

Whilst weapons and vehicles are separate to the island itself, the buildings and objects are part of the island and as such (to the best of my knowledge) are well and truly behind the pay-wall.

• Like 3

Huh, that sucks a lot. Tanoa has a truckton of nice scenery objects that also fit on Altis.

Yea that really sucks. Hope they might decide to reverse that decision, though I doubt it.

Huh, that sucks a lot. Tanoa has a truckton of nice scenery objects that also fit on Altis.

Yea that really sucks. Hope they might decide to reverse that decision, though I doubt it.

Unlikely to change as this is an Expansion not a DLC

• Like 2

I hope it doesn't change, I bought Apex for the objects for my terrain, would then be a waste of my money if they were given away free.

• Like 3

It's ok if you think only Apex uses should be able to play on your terrain. :>

Now I'll have to throw out all the Apex scenery objects from my missions again, because if the thread is correct, they can't be played by non-Apex users.

I used the IR tent and a stool from Apex and it created a dependency on 2 pbos that non apex owners don't have and when the mission loaded the playable slots were empty for people that don't own apex

As soon as I changed it to vanilla tent and bench it loaded fine for them...

It's ok if you think only Apex uses should be able to play on your terrain. :>

Now I'll have to throw out all the Apex scenery objects from my missions again, because if the thread is correct, they can't be played by non-Apex users.

That would be like saying we should have not used any of the features offered in operation arrowhead because a number of persons only bought base Arma 2.  I understand there is a desire to "not split" but how far does it have to go before the community is splitting itself?

• Like 1

That would be like saying we should have not used any of the features offered in operation arrowhead because a number of persons only bought base Arma 2.  I understand there is a desire to "not split" but how far does it have to go before the community is splitting itself?

No comparison at all, one was a DLC, the other is an expansion, no split in the community either, if you want to have all the Tanoa goodness buy it, it's that simple.

• Like 3

No comparison at all, one was a DLC, the other is an expansion, no split in the community either, if you want to have all the Tanoa goodness buy it, it's that simple.

Eehh their both sort of expansions though arrowhead was also stand alone, but regardless I think a lot of content that would otherwise be in Apex is being given to us via free patches.  Yes we were getting fixes and commands in patches but not quite the same gameplay changers we have seen in Arma 3's course.

The split comment was probably a bit dramatic, fully understandable and within the rights of authors to decide wether or not they want an expansions content within their asset to allow it to be used by more people.

Making such assets available to the general public after people,a lot of people paid for this would be financial suicide for BiS, as I for one would DEMAND a full refund on a product that would be considered "free gratis" I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking and feeling this way.

• Like 2

That's BS. Of course Tanoa isn't free for all, but the assets are all in 3den, as are all weapons and other items, and you can't filter them out (except for manually watching the tiny icon right of the object name).

I am curious how this works with Zeus. Are the new scenery objects only available on Tanoa Zeus missions? (otherwise non-Apex owners wouldn't be able to play on non-Tanoa missions anymore) or are they not available at all? Would love to check this out, but I am not sure if I can easily deactivate Apex / make the game believe I do not own it.

That's BS. Of course Tanoa isn't free for all, but the assets are all in 3den, as are all weapons and other items, and you can't filter them out (except for manually watching the tiny icon right of the object name).

I am curious how this works with Zeus. Are the new scenery objects only available on Tanoa Zeus missions? (otherwise non-Apex owners wouldn't be able to play on non-Tanoa missions anymore) or are they not available at all? Would love to check this out, but I am not sure if I can easily deactivate Apex / make the game believe I do not own it.

I believe the Tanoa assets are only available to other Tanoa owners, as far as missions and servers go.

• Like 1

What probably would happen is when you spawn in the object with zeus, non apex owners would just get an error or wont see the object that was spawned. Same as when you have an mod running which someone else doesnt have loaded up.

Edit: We have a mission coming up tomorrow. Will do a test and see what happens. 

• Like 2