weaponsfree

[SP/CO-5] Mission Pack - Venture

Operation Venture

113582844CB73011F1FEB0EB80564C7642876D9A

Voodoo Team is a small group of elite ex-NATO operators tasked with various missions for undisclosed unaligned governments that are trying to de-escalate spiraling international tensions. In 2035, Voodoo Team is especially focused on Ion Corp. An arms and merc company actively seeking out hotspots to sell weapons and exasperate existing tensions in order to create business opportunities. Voodoo Team has disembarked on the Tanoan Archipelago following Ion's most recent business venture.

Ion Corp has a small army on Tanoa. The Director leading the Venture is currently unknown, but a Ion sale's rep known as Spider has been spotted operating on the islands, looking for clients. The most likely scenario is that Ion is looking to arm all sides on Tanoa to create chaos, creating a long term revenue stream from the conflict.

You and your friends play as Voodoo Team. You have field support from your Intel officer Joe Ronneberg, Callsign HighRes.

Workshop Collection

Mission 1 : Spider

Spider has arrived on the south west island via speedboat. He's been driven to the nearby airfield where a deal with the local gang is being hammered out. Spider is meant to leave via that same speedboat, so our first task is to destroy it to prevent his escape. Ion does have air assets in the area, but it will take time for them to organize an airlift, so we will have time to reach the airfield, and kill Spider. One of our local contacts has left an RHIB near the airfield for our extraction and return to this safe house. Take note, the local gang is real nasty. They control the entire South West Island, and they'll shoot any (especially armed) strangers on sight. We can try and do this all stealth like, but I don't think we're getting out of this one without a few firefights.

Workshop Link

Mission 2 : Contacts

Our Intel Officer HighRes is out meeting a contact. The rest of the team is resting at our beach safehouse.

Workshop Link

Mission 3 : Requisition

As you know, since our safehouse was destroyed last week, we are desperately low on hardware. Luckily, Ion Corp has tons of weapons and gear on the island just ripe for requisitioning. And they're not being very discreet about it. We know they are bringing in large weapon shipments through the Blue Pearl Industrial Port, which they have conveniently offered to guard for the local government in exchange for guns and bribes. These bribes keep the local government out, which is good for us because we don't have to worry about shooting local police while we aggressively requisition some new gear for our purposes. The downside is that the port is crawling with armed Ion thugs. We will have to steal a Weapons Truck from the Port, and bring it to our new Safehouse.

Workshop Link

Mission 4 : Intelligence

Our raid on the Blue Pearl Port really helped us get back on our feet. We've got weapons and gear, and I've been able to re-establish SatCom. The downside however, is that Ion has used our attack on the port as a pretext to take over pretty much all of Tanoa security. They are now in most towns and cities with more agents arriving daily. I'm starting to think controlling the entire Island was the Ion Objective from the start. In any case our mission is still the same. Find and disrupt all Ion operations on Tanoa. More specifically we need to find out where the Regional Director is operating from. To that end we need additional Intel.

Workshop Link

Mission 5 : Centerpiece

Our Intel raid has paid off. We've discovered that ION is not actually looking to control Tanoa outright, they just wanted an excuse to build up major military infrastructure on the Islands, and then sell the resulting installations to CSAT for a huge profit. The Centrepiece of their venture is the Island of Tuvanaka. They've been restoring and rebuilding various facilities on the island, and it will be offered to CSAT as a complete pre-packaged base of operations for the entire Area, with pre-packaged subdued local government to boot. If we can sufficiently degrade and destroy Ion military installations on Tuvanaka, we can make their Venture near worthless.

Workshop Link

Mission 6 : Power

We managed to cripple ION's Venture on Tanoa. ION Personel have started to depart the Islands, but the Director is still at large. Communication Intercepts indicate he's based at a Villa near Georgetown. He has an armed guard, and the Villa is ringed by powerful floodlights. We will cut the power to his villa by blowing a power line, then storm the building, find the Director and take him out.

Workshop Link

Mission 7 : Departures

Since we almost got you killed last time, Highres assures us that today's intel is top notch. Seems the Director was pretty convinced we had been killed at the Villa, and showed his face in public. He was followed to an Ion HQ building in LaRochelle. Intel also says that he's about to get the hell out of Tanoa. This is our last chance to get him.

Workshop Link

=========================

I don't have a huge amount of time to work and debug these, so I apologize if there are some bugs or issues. Please let me know about them here!

=========================

Voodoo team started out as a Nato front line unit. You can play them in my old Dardanelles campaign from the arma 3 alpha and beta days. All missions updated with Arsenal and BIS Revive :

[sP/CO-08]Preperation http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250366260
[sP/CO-16]Invasion! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250366568
[sP/CO-10]Consolidation http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250366734
[sP/CO-06]Sabotage! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250366897
[sP/CO-08]Knockdown http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250367030
[sP/CO-07]Rout! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250367179

• Like 3

Thanks for this.I enjoyed Spider-going to play Contacts now :)

Thanks for this.I enjoyed Spider-going to play Contacts now :)

Glad you liked it! I'm the only one testing my missions, so if you find some problems bugs or issues with flow/difficulty I'd be interested to hear.

• Like 1

Mission 4 added. Not too sure about this one. Semi linear, some unarmed stealth elements. Any feedback appreciated (in steam ideally ;))

Cheers

Thanks for the reference weaponsfree! I have uploaded all these missions to the CiA coop server and we will provide feedback once we get to play them.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reference weaponsfree! I have uploaded all these missions to the CiA coop server and we will provide feedback once we get to play them.

Cool! Im a bit short of coop buddies these days so I've been mission building a bit blind. Feedback (good and bad) is indeed appreciated.

Cheers

Hi, Sp players need to play through LAN or Scenario ?

Scenario. Having trouble starting it?

Scenario. Having trouble starting it?

Not yet. Will get back to you on that.........

I got some interesting feedback from someone who had recently played some of my missions. Specifically that too much mission critical information was buried in the Briefing text (which does have a Wall of Text feel to it) and not clear enough in-mission. I do have some sidechat messages to update as the mission progresses, but I get the feeling that most people don't read the briefing at all, start the mission, and are promptly lost.

I add narrative backstory to each briefing to connect each mission to each other, But this really stretches out the text. So I get the feeling that should be scraped for just direct mission parameters.

Anyone who's played these missions have some thoughts on this?

Any other thoughts on these missions would be appreciated as well. I'm building the final mission of the pack, but I may go back to clean up and add some polish to previous missions first.

• Like 1