Sign in to follow this  
breeze

Osprey Hatch

Can the default Osprey in the game be set to have hatch open and close and tied to waypoints??

If you mean the ramp of the blackfish then yes

blackfish animateDoor ['door_1_source', 1];  // open
blackfish animateDoor ['door_1_source', 0];  // close

Thank You, Also when I am laying down my way-points the plane doesn't take off after I load, 

I have two groups one pilots then 2nd group soldiers, I set the pilots way-points to get in and then to load, after that to move, After the plane loads it just sits there, so I tried to create a trigger with radio command to the move way-point and still nothing, I want the plane to go through a set of way-points after the group gets in. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

One way to do it is put "this lockwp true" in the pilot's Get In waypoint. 

Then create a trigger that tests if all the soldiers are in the Blackfish.   Put this line in the OnActivation for this trigger:

"group pilotX lockwp false;"

The pilot will get in and not move until his waypoints are unlocked by the tirigger.

Subsititute the name of your pilot unit for "pilotX" avove.

I put this line 

blackfish animate Door ['door_1_source', 1]; // open

In the ospreys Init line and it didn't work. I also named the osprey blackfish??

Does that have to be tied to a trigger as well? I mean I love the idea of using a trigger for it for the Halo Jump which is What I wanted but I was trying to have the hatch open on the spawn in.

I put this line 

blackfish animate Door ['door_1_source', 1]; // open

In the ospreys Init line and it didn't work. I also named the osprey blackfish??

Does that have to be tied to a trigger as well? I mean I love the idea of using a trigger for it for the Halo Jump which is What I wanted but I was trying to have the hatch open on the spawn in.

There's no space in animateDoor but otherwise it should work. Unless you literally mean Osprey from some mod, then it probably won't.

Also, the // open  is a comment and init line doesn't support comments, so don't include that.

Is this the small door or the big hatch in back??

Also getting errors with the above waypoint addition it wont take this is supposed to go in pilots activation line on waypoint right?

I can not believe the amount of google searches this is taking and posts for a simple little thing, Frustrating

I can not believe the amount of google searches this is taking and posts for a simple little thing, Frustrating

Seems like it might be helpful to learn a little more about triggers and way points in the editor before tackling this problem.  It is not too difficult to accomblish, but it will be overwhelming if you don't know your way around the editor and at least know a little scripting.

Here are 4 good links that should get you more familiar with some of the concepts.  Play around in the editor and start with something small, like making a car drive to a waypoint and then having it wait for a another group to arrive before the car continues on to the next waypoint.  Then step it up a notch, and have the car wait for the other group to actually get in the car.  Then try it with the Blackfish, but have the Blackfish land instead.  Then try animating the door.

If you take it in steps, you will learn more and it will be easier to accomplish what you want.

Here are some good resources.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Mission_Editing

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/2D_Editor:_Waypoints

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title=2D_Editor:_Triggers

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Scripting