tourist

SP/CO 11 RAVAGE TOURISM ESSEKER: Survive the Zombie Apocalypse - and maybe save mankind!

Well, SP is entertainment enough, but if you're eager to play it in MP, lez exchange timezones in PM!

Yeah sure. Send me a friend request on Steam.

My MP availability is not so great TBH (I can explain more later), but yeah it sounds fun. Though you'll wish you hadn't when you see my abilities. :( I freak out something awful with those pesky runners.

Hi,

Just tried to load your mission and it tells me I can't load it because "it is dependent on content that has been deleted.COREVLightItems, COREVWeaponsEXTAF, COREVLightLoadouts"

What's the issue and what am I missing?

P.S. That's with the standard version (non High Performance)

Hi,

Just tried to load your mission and it tells me I can't load it because "it is dependent on content that has been deleted.COREVLightItems, COREVWeaponsEXTAF, COREVLightLoadouts"

What's the issue and what am I missing?

Thats warfare thai

I think some of the placed items use it... well worth the download!

• Like 2

Thats warfare thai

I think some of the placed items use it... well worth the download!

Ahhhh thank you! Will download now :)

Hey,

Same to me : both versions needs ThaiWarfare.

Also, i can't load the "light" version as it seems to need ASR AI3 (Missing content : asr_ai3_main). The normal version works well without the ASR AI mod.

I wanted to try the "light" one because my computer lacks memory, do you know why is there a dependency with that mod, only on the light version ?

Hey extaz93,

unfortunately the APEX update has introduced a bug that causes some mods that were active during Editing the mission to become a dependency even if no assets or scripts from these mods are actually used in the mission. 

Since I love ASR AI it's very well possible I had it active during the Editing.  But while ASR AI is no big download, WarfareThai is, and so I will try my best to remove the dependencies to both mods from the light version. 

Stay tuned for a dependency-corrected light version!

Mission accomplished: Dependencies on ASR AI and WarfareThai removed, dropbox links updated and steam workshop files updated as well.  Have fun and report problems if there are some that still remain! 

• Like 3

No problem, i'm also using ASR AI most of the time, it was just to let you know that there is a dependency with that mod.

Thanks for your great work on that mission !

Hi Toursit! I'm thinking of giving your Esseker mission a shot. You said that you had updated the mission over in the Ravage thread but I noticed you didn't bump this post. Is the download link update in the OP?

Also, aside from Ravage, CBA and Esseker (and CUP Terrains?), what else is required for the light version? That version is the full experience just with less mods, correct? I have a good PC so can probably play either if you recommend the hardcore mod one.

Anyway, thanks Tourist.

Hi Heroesandvillains,

I updated the links here and also the steam workshop files. 

For the light version you need RAVAGE, CBA, Esseker and CUP Terrains, CUP Maps, CUP Weapons, CUP Units,CUP Vehicles.  And indeed you can add other mod like RHS or WarfareThai and then weapons and equipment from these mods will spawn in the light version as well. 

Since difficulty is the same, the difference between version is more cosmetic.  I do admit, though, that the RHS shotgun for the hero character is slightly stronger than it's CUP counterpart. :thud:  :638:   

So I say, choose any version and have the full experience!  Damn those timezones, I'd like to gang up with cool guys like you  to play through it again like I did with reforger when testing! :D

• Like 1

Haha yeah I totally agree. I get a lot of messages from cool people asking me to play but almost no one lives in the Eastern Standard Time Zone area in the US during and can play in the late-ish evening which just feeds my editor addiction something awful. I'm wrapping up a mission (hopefully either today or tomorrow) and I need a mission-making break TBH. I feel like I haven't "played" the game in months so I'm gonna treat myself with this.

I didn't realize this was on Workshop so I'll subscribe. :) Thanks Tourist I'm looking forward to it.

Hey Tourist. I tried playing your light mission last night and I think I must be missing a dependency somewhere. When I tried to host a LAN session, the player slot area was empty and I couldn't select a role. I then copy/pasted the PBO to my Missions folder and after selecting your scenario and pressing play, nothing happens.

I used:

CBA*

Ravage

CUP Weapons*

CUP Units*

CUP Vehicles*

RHS US

RHS Rus

Warfare Thai*

CUP Core*

CUP Maps*

Esseker*

* = subscribed to Workshop

I just downloaded Ravage yesterday so I'm sure that's not it. Also pretty sure RHS hasn't hotfixed recently so I think I'm up to date there too. Any ideas?

Also, I planned on playing this alone. What's the best way for me to save/load my progress. Do I just host LAN and save/load that way or should I move it to SP missions?

Hi Heroesandvillains,

sorry to hear that you can't get it to load! :(

But I guess that's due to trying to play that in LAN session.  If you want to play SP, I strongly suggest to do so by playing it as scenario from missions folder, exactly as you tried it.  I'll check it now, but maybe cannot repro the exact mod version setup that you have because I have most of my mods from PlayWithSix, not workshop. 

So maybe there's a version mismatch OR, another idea, you need the compatibility PBO for WarfareThai if you have this and RHS enable. But that shouldn't be mandatory since I hadn't those active while making the HIPERF version...

I'll test it and get back to you on that issue!  

EDIT: You didn't list POOK Batttlebus as loaded mod in your above posted list - but that addon is definitely needed!

EDIT 2: Yep, got it running in SP with the exact modset you used, but of course with POOK Battlebus loaded - that's it, cuz that bus actually appears in the mission, and is therefor correctly listed at this thread's frontpage as required addon.  But I admit that I haven't made it clear that the required addons list refers to both versions with RHS as only set to leave out for the HIPERF version...

• Like 1

Yep that has to be it. I definitely missed the part where I needed that mod. My bad.

Thanks for testing for me. I look forward to playing!

So hey, I notice the mission description doesn't have a lot of 'how-to-play' stuff with it. I'm familiar with surviving in Ravage, but let me know if there's anything else I should be aware of before diving in. I see my overall goal here is to find a vehicle and escape, so I take it I'm just surviving like normal Ravage but with an end goal. Would that be correct?

Oh yes, in general the goal is escaping after finding&fixing&refueling the escape vehicle. But it says in briefing why you can't just take ANY vehicle and gives hints as to where you might find the necessary type of vehicle...   

You'll see, however, that in addition to this general goal the briefing contains various tips for RAVAGE survival in general and some hints tailored for this specific mission - just read it carefully!  Also some events will net additional hints or briefing entries. 

In fact, this mission is much more beginner friendly than my Winter Chernarus mission with hints, herds of extra animals and the possibility to call your ten prepper friends (AI buddies in SP, playable slots in MP) right from the start with a simple radio command ;)  So you can decide for yourself if you want to do it Lone Wolf or lead a squad - independently available from the RAVAGE system of randomly appearing recruitable survivors who you also might meet.  

• Like 1

Hey Tourist good job man!

I played for like 45 minutes and it's lovely so far. I spawned right outside the radiation zone, so I'm doing a sweep around the bordering villages searching for loot. The music and atmosphere is incredible. I also really love the body temperature stuff (it's very subtle which I adore) and the starting gear and everything. I felt really exhilarated when I found a spare tire and syphon too. It goes to show how amazing not only Ravage is, but amazing Ravage is when you also have a set goal. I love it. :)

One thing I noticed was in one town, 3 zombies spawned but they spawned right on top of eachother so they were stuck together like some 3-headed monster. Lol. I actually couldn't kill them either (that monstrosity was immune to bullets I guess :) ) so I just wanted to give you a heads up on that. Not sure if that's a Ravage bug or what or maybe just a weird anomaly that won't happen again.

Anyway, I'm in love with this man! You did a great job! This is exactly what I needed. I appreciate it.

• Like 3