Sign in to follow this  
MarkCode82

Headless Client Refusal to connect.

start /affinity FF -client -connect=127.0.0.1 -config=hc.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg "-profiles=C:\Users\*REDACTED*\Desktop\Experimental Server\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\HC_Profile"

Our headless client is run from a multiple ip off 1 server.
The HC won't create or connect to it's respective slot.

server.cfg \/

localClient[]={127.0.0.1,127.0.0.2};
headlessClients[]={127.0.0.0,127.0.0.2};
battleyeLicense=1;

We also use FireDaemon to start our servers.

Headless clients are best ran using a .par parameter. I would take a look into downloading the https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184485-werthles-headless-module/ Werthles' Headless Client addon just to see some examples. Despite headless clients execute using the arma3server.exe, the headless client actually gets treated like a regular arma3.exe

Make a shortcut to your "arma3server.exe" and use something along the lines of this in your target field:

"D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3server.exe" "-par=My Headless Kit\Headless Client\HCTEST.par"

Where \Headless Clients\ is a folder in your A3 directory where you can keep all your different .par for different types of game modes that require different mod sets.

Here's an example of what my .par file looks like for my headless clients:

class Arg
{
	client="-client";
	port="-port=2306";
	localhost="-localhost=127.0.0.1";
	connect="-connect="127.0.01";
	password="-password=passwordhere";
	checkSignatures="2";

name="-name=WerthlesHeadlessClient";
	profile="-profile=My Headless Kit\Server\Profiles";
	EnableHT="-enableHT";
	exthreads="-Exthreads=7";

mod="-mod=Curator;Heli;Kart;Mark;@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains_Complete-1.2.0;@CUP Weapons;@CUP Vehicles;@CUP Units;@JS_JC_FA18;@FA18X_Black_Wasp;@Nimitz;@RHSAFRF;@RHSGREF;@RHSUSAF;@USAF;@Werthles' Headless Module;";
	serverMod="-serverMod=Curator;Heli;Kart;Mark;@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains_Complete-1.2.0;@CUP Weapons;@CUP Vehicles;@CUP Units;@JS_JC_FA18;@FA18X_Black_Wasp;@Nimitz;@RHSAFRF;@RHSGREF;@RHSUSAF;@USAF;@Werthles' Headless Module;";

nosound="-nosound";
};

Also something to take note of is that you will only need to make a 2nd .par file for the 127.0.0.2. By the looks of it, you forgot to put a space after the 127.0.0.1 comma preceding the 127.0.0.2  But hypothetically speaking, since the server is already localized, you will only need to use 127.0.0.1 but out of random possibility it should look like this

localClient [] = {"127.0.0.1"};
headlessClients[]  = {"127.0.0.1"};

localClient [] = {"127.0.0.1", "127.0.0.2"};
headlessClients[] = {"127.0.0.1", "127.0.0.2};
  • Like 1

yeah it just keep hanging doing nothing we've got 4 different IP's on the 1 box.

1. x.x.x.x

2. x.x.x.x

3. x.x.x.x

4. x.x.x.x
All different IP.s but on the same subnet. Just comes up with
"Dedicated Client created" then does nothing.

You could try adding some redundancy by adding the actual reporting IP. I usually don't have issues using HCs from my own computer connecting to my server. I would recommend trying to connect with headless clients from a home computer and adding your home IP to the "HeadlessClients" list and see if that works. I would double check the editor as well to make sure the HC modules are placed correctly with playable, and that your game mode has built in HC, or you might need to add a 3rd party script/addon HC.

I didn't have issues wither with my own machine HC started fine. It's just going from a Dedicated unit It won't work at all.

They connected did everything right on my own local machine it's just OUR dedicated box thats having a hissy fit.

Werthles HC is what we are using. But it shouldn't matter if a HC mission is loaded or not he should still connect to the dedicated server. And wait for a slot.

Yea, the only last idea I got is setting up a .bat file +.par with proper parameters needed. By the looks of it it seems one or more of your startup parameters aren't properly registering. The HC does not need to use -config or -cfg, since that's only needed for the actual main server process. I could be wrong though. I'm still pretty new to this myself, but that's all I can think of. Maybe someone more experienced could give their ideas and advise.

is this hc on same box as server? If so then try:add your port....and you have togive hc a name.

start /affinity FF -client -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=?  -name=hc -config=hc.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg "-profiles=C:\Users\*REDACTED*\Desktop\Experimental Server\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\HC_Profile"

in server cfg you need to add lan ip

localClient [] = {"127.0.0.1, 192.168.?.?"};
headlessClients[] = {"127.0.0.1, 192.168.?.?"};

see if that works.

The server doesn't have a Lan-IP it has a DNS of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 I'm assuming thats what you mean?

I've only ever worked with Class C subnets.

http://www.weird.com/~woods/classc.html

Aka your normal home routers.

So are you hosting this or is it a rented one? All computers have a lan/private ip and a public ip. Most home based routers don't support loopback which is why you have to use the lan ip. In a dos prompt do an "ipconfig /all" to get the lan ip in windows. Look for 192.something or 10.something. do that on the server. looks like you running a windows server.

I worked it out. He connected. We had him attempting to connect on the wrong server-instance and port. All good now.

Also added the local DNS 8.8.8.8 127.0.0.1 loopback and our servers actual LAN IP which is actually a public IP.