thirith

Recent major performance drop: anyone else notice this?

I've noticed during the last couple of weeks that my performance in Arma 2/Operation Arrowhead has dropped considerably, without me changing any of the settings. I've got a 4790k with a GTX 980, which used to run the game just fine, but after noticing that the game was running a lot worse I did one of the benchmarks this morning to put a number to my impression, and I got 21 frames per second.

Has anyone else noticed the same? Could it be a driver thing? I'm using mods, but nothing extraordinary: CBA and sthud, JSRS, that sort of thing. As I've said, I've not changed anything about the game itself, so I'm a bit thrown. Any help would be much appreciated, since I've only just started playing A2/OA with a new group.

Same with me:

Using the latest Nvidia Game-Ready driver for my GeForce 750Ti, All running on a Samsung 840 EVO SSD with an AMD Phenom II X4 965 CPU with 3,6 GHz and 16 GB of RAM.
Should be enough power to get more than 20 Fps with lowered settings. E. g. first mission of Operation Arrowhead (where you land on the airfield) give me only 20 to 30 Fps. I wouldn't wonder if this happens on Chernarus with its dense foilage and equal number of moving objects and AI on the map. And I played alot with different video settings without the desired effect.
Then I started a campaign on an island of the CWR2-Mod and got 40 to 70 Fps despite the same ammount of AI and Objects on the map. I have no clue, what might cause that dropdown of performance. (All background programs and Antivirus program deactivated). The last of patch installed is the 1.62, and that was a long time ago since it was released. So no big change has been done to the game itself.

Would be interesting, if others have the same gut feeling about this.

Anyway, talking about performance, here is a link with some useful info for the targetline settings (the most of you already will know):
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters

Considering the last game update was such a long time ago, I would assume this is driver related.

I also suspect it's a driver thing, though I haven't seen any similar performance drops in any other games. Where would be the best place to leave feedback like this? Does Nvidia generally follow up? They seem quite eager to make sure games work with their drivers, but obviously they focus on more current titles.

I'm using a AMD 290 and haven't noticed any difference in performance with the current version.

Yeah, right now I'm thinking I'll try to roll back to the previous Nvidia driver to see if that makes a difference.

Edit: Quick update - rolling back to an earlier driver didn't help. I'll try doing a complete reinstall - it'd be weird if that worked, since AFAIK nothing had changed about my Arma 2/OA install, but then again, when have the Arma games ever not done weird things?