Sign in to follow this  
FallenPaladin

Metal gear solid 2 for pc?

I`ve just seen my brother play MGS2 on the PS2. Hell after that I`m deeply depressed... sad.gif

Interesting gameplay, strong story, the best cutscenes I ever saw in a game and so on. Does anybody know if it`s planned for the PC, too? Including all cutscenes and all the stuff? Maybe even with better graphics? confused.gif

Well the original MGS was released on the PC, so there's hope. I think there is an X-Box release planned, so I guess it's possible a PC version could be released.

MGS2 is really a hammer game... I`m so jealous sad.gif

If they don`t bring it for the PC, at least there`ll be Splinter Cell for us...

I'm pretty sure MGS2 would run on any good computer. I hope they make a pc version, it's one of the best games ever made.

There is info On Czech game server BonusWeb that there will be expanded version of MGS2 named Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance with 350VR missions, 150 alternative missions, 5 new sidequests (Snake Tales), new game modes and one secret playable character. PC version will be released on begining of 2003 together with PS2 version.

MGS Substance is, as far as I know, an XBox only title. It will be released in the States on Nov. 5

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Nov. 02 2002,21:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MGS Substance is, as far as I know, an XBox only title. It will be released in the States on Nov. 5<span id='postcolor'>

That's weird, i thought it was for Ps2 too...

perhaps i'm wrong confused.gif

Dont know where you are getting your info from Tex, but I could swear that Substance was been made for Xbox, PS2 and PC. Konami(the people who publish MGS games) have always been pretty snuggly with Sony, it will come out on PS2.

Actualy, I just went to Konamis website

Konami info on Substance

and they only actualy say it coming out on PS2! But I still think it will come out on X-Box and PC(Crossing fingers now)

Let's put it this way: The XBox version is the only one that will be coming out before this topic is on page 10

Well splinter cell is going to beat all that! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rob @ Nov. 04 2002,15:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well splinter cell is going to beat all that! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

A Tom Clancy storyline could NEVER be better than one made Hideo Kojima and his team! Never! Ok, MGS2 was a little whacked out, but still, no matter how go the gameplay is, MGS games will ALWAYS better beucase of the characters and storyline.

Substance we be really cool becuase you can play through it as Solid Snake! Not as that annoying Raiden prat.

Wait until you play Splinter Cell. I'm serious. This is THE best stealth game ever, and I am a serious fan of the Thief series. MGS2 has nothing on SC. BTW, if I want a cinematic experience, I will go to the movies, thank you very much. When I buy a game I want a GAME, not a huge cutscene

im waiting for MGS: Substance. its a remake of MGS 2 only in this one it will include special new missions for solid snake and allow you to select different characters. for instance instead of playing the tanker level as raiden, you could play as snake or snake as plisken. raiden was a new character which i personally think wasn't even half as cool as solid snake. only thing that was neat about him was the sword. that was it. i think mayrle will also be back in this game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 04 2002,09:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rob @ Nov. 04 2002,15:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well splinter cell is going to beat all that! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

A Tom Clancy storyline could NEVER be better than one made Hideo Kojima and his team! Never! Ok, MGS2 was a little whacked out, but still, no matter how go the gameplay is, MGS games will ALWAYS better beucase of the characters and storyline.

Substance we be really cool becuase you can play through it as Solid Snake! Not as that annoying Raiden prat.<span id='postcolor'>

only problem w/ Hideo Konami's game is that there was way too much unrealated chit-chat that should have just been left out i mean half of the game was all talk. second a couple of the characters i felt were a bit silly and inappropiate for MGS2. Namely Vamp who is ironicly a vampire, he looked cool but should have just gave him a different trade or replaced him w/ raiden as the bad guy. than fatman who would have been cool if he didn't have the stupid rollar blades on.

Yea well, MGS2 was no where as good as one in terms of characters, storyline and gameplay, but MGS3 WIILL be GOOD. Or else!