chacne

Basic help for newbie ...

Hi all,

Very new to ARMA and have some question I haven't immediately found the answer to.

1, the fatigue system - that white bar which sometimes goes orange ? How's that's work?

2, weapon bi pods try pods , do they work ? Read somewhere caps lock to operate them? What's does that stance silhouette signafy ? Does it mean I can rest the weapon or does it mean it will simulate the effect of it rested?

3, when I'm playing on line, other can 'spot' enemy - looks like default text - enemy infantry man 100m etc , how do you do that?

4, I know how to bring the compass and watch , and Ctl and m for gps, Is there any other aids I can use like that? I'm sure I've seen a ARMA 3 video with a sniper bringing up some kind of wind and range device, bare in mind I only learnt L for the laser light yesterday.

Any other literally beginner tips would be great - and yes I have searched forums I've read the first 20 pages of the Q and A with no answer to any of this ..

Many thanks in advance

The wind gauge you mention is from the ACE mod, but there is a vanilla rangefider-it is used by pressing B for binoculars if you have it in your inventory.

Bi- pods work by being close to something-you will then see a bipod appear on the stance icon.Then press what ever you have bound to "deploy weapon". For me I use lctrl+Lalt. If you are beside an object but do not deploy the bipod, you will automatically rest your weapon on the object slightly increasing stability.

The fatigue system I cant help too much with-I use a mod that removes fatigue entirely :) But it is linked to how much gear you are carrying-more gear means you will tire quicker.Also moving uphill will tire you faster than flat surface.

Marking or spotting targets is also a keybind-look in your controls section.

I am planning on making a small guide for new players that will show some handy tips and also list some smaller less well known mods that really help new/casual players or people (like me) who play totally in SP.

• Like 1

Thank you ineptaphid for your reply ðŸ‘🼠, so there are controls needed for the game that don't come ' binded' ok I'll have a look at the controls when I get back from work - again many thanks

• Like 1

No problem-and contact me with any questions at all-either here or by private message.

Pardon me, I don't mean to change the subject of this post, but I'm relatively new to the forums and I can't seem to be able to make any threads, only reply on them. How come?

Pardon me, I don't mean to change the subject of this post, but I'm relatively new to the forums and I can't seem to be able to make any threads, only reply on them. How come?

Hi,

you have to have made a certain number of posts before you are allowed make a new thread. 

So back on topic :)

Weapon deployment in my controls is 'c' by default (I have Apex expansion don't know if this changes anything)

But I've yet to see it work....

And as for spotting, I couldn't see where to bind this too at all ? ( soldier front 200meter that kind of thing) but last night when playing online my guy started spotting enemy soldiers to my team mates automatically when I was engaged In a fire fight, I don't know what happened, but surely this isn't an automatic process be because the other guys in my team were spotting enemies (through automatic text chat) all the time and I couldn't seem to - confused by this :-/

So back on topic :)

Weapon deployment in my controls is 'c' by default (I have Apex expansion don't know if this changes anything)

But I've yet to see it work....

And as for spotting, I couldn't see where to bind this too at all ? ( soldier front 200meter that kind of thing) but last night when playing online my guy started spotting enemy soldiers to my team mates automatically when I was engaged In a fire fight, I don't know what happened, but surely this isn't an automatic process be because the other guys in my team were spotting enemies (through automatic text chat) all the time and I couldn't seem to - confused by this :-/

If you've got a bipod it'll be more noticeable when its working - if your guy looks like he's clenching his ass-cheeks together it's working.

As for the spotting, its entirely automatic, but you can only "spot" guys your squad do not already know about.

Just aim at the guy and hold RMB to zoom in on them. Provided that no-one else in your squad has already spotted that particular enemy unit you should give the radio call out automatically.

• Like 2

Thank you jackal

Most questions answered already but here are mine...

Hi all,

Very new to ARMA and have some question I haven't immediately found the answer to.

1, the fatigue system - that white bar which sometimes goes orange ? How's that's work?

The bar shows how much 'stamina' you have.  The more equipment you carry the shorter the bar = less stamina.

Walking uses less energy so it goes down slowly.  When it goes orange you are using maximum energy so it goes down fast. ie running uphill.  When depleted you can no longer run/sprint.  Good time to stop and have a look around.  (ARMA is one of those games where running around all the time will get you killed ;))

2, weapon bi pods try pods , do they work ? Read somewhere caps lock to operate them? What's does that stance silhouette signafy ? Does it mean I can rest the weapon or does it mean it will simulate the effect of it rested?

You can rest a weapon even without a bipod but it will be a bit less effective.  Resting on objects can be a bit difficult but you can test it by resting when prone. (lying down) You will see a bipod symbol on the stance indicator when weapon rest is available.

The stance silhouette shows your current stance because there are quite a few.  Hold CapsLock and W for up, S for down.  You can also use with A and D for side stances.  (very effective to lean around corners)

3, when I'm playing on line, other can 'spot' enemy - looks like default text - enemy infantry man 100m etc , how do you do that?

AI automatically call out enemies spotted.  (Can be turned off in difficulty settings)

4, I know how to bring the compass and watch , and Ctl and m for gps, Is there any other aids I can use like that? I'm sure I've seen a ARMA 3 video with a sniper bringing up some kind of wind and range device, bare in mind I only learnt L for the laser light yesterday.

Wind gauge is from a mod/addon.  (probably ACE)

L also activates the torch if fitted instead of the laser.

B for binocs, laser designator or rangefinder. Depending which you are carrying

Any other literally beginner tips would be great - and yes I have searched forums I've read the first 20 pages of the Q and A with no answer to any of this ..

Many thanks in advance

Keep at it.  Its daunting at first but this detail is what makes ARMA so rich with gameplay.

• Like 1

guys, please help, Im new here (though I have extensively played Arma 2) and I dont know where else to look.... Im completly new to modding and I just wanted to change the rate of fire of a weapon... m134 minigun to be specific... I looked aroung and I know I need to change the reload time in cfgweapons but here is my problem... no idea how to find it let alone mod it... please, can anyone  be kind enough to help a guy in need? :)

Hi,

you have to have made a certain number of posts before you are allowed make a new thread. 

Thanks,

This answered my question. :)

PS: Sorry if I've jumped in on this thread but I've just purchased the game today and will be totally new to it. I've watched a couple of players stream Arma 3 and thought I'd give the game a try. Would anyone have any advice for a newbie? 

Thanks