duda123

Advanced Urban Rappelling

@el_specter I'm really not sure why you're having issues. @loopdk Can you share your mission here so he can compare some settings? This was on a dedicated server, correct?

It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility some setting you're using is having conflicts. I'd like to see you put Loopdk's mission on your server to see what's what.

Crazy - this just reached 100,000 subscribers!

Displaying Screenshot_20170124-135105.png

• Like 4

I love this mod!

Is there any chance of getting a rappel rope item that is consumable when you rappel down something?

• Like 2

Hello @duda123 ,

Is it possible to disable the option for civilians ?

It's for my RP Server. Only doctors and police should use it.

Thanks.

Jean Yve

On 30/01/2017 at 9:22 PM, fathersarge said:

I love this mod!

Is there any chance of getting a rappel rope item that is consumable when you rappel down something?

Would also love to see something similar.

17 hours ago, lonewolf321 said:

@duda123  I love this mod ! Is their any chance it will be updated soon because of the arma 3 updates ? Thanks :)

Is there something broken due to the Arma 3 updates? I haven't noticed anything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duda123 said:

Is there something broken due to the Arma 3 updates? I haven't noticed anything.

I thought there was last time after the jets dlc was released but im not sure im going to test it on my server very soon it very well could have been CBA for all i know

Anyone with problems ???
Every time I go down a building and shifting grip it automatically cuts the rope and falls to the ground.

• Like 2

is it possible ?

to add variable to give to specific units to disable rappelling for that unit. for example, canRappel = FALSE; probably the easier option

or   an inventory item that enables rappelling for that unit. ???

On 29/07/2017 at 12:47 AM, Leviat said:

Anyone with problems ???
Every time I go down a building and shifting grip it automatically cuts the rope and falls to the ground.

Same here.

I have been experiencing something similar, it seems almost random to me though as to when it cuts out. Sometimes I can get down a rope fine, but others I no sooner start to descend and I am falling to my death. Which is often funny.

On 10/15/2017 at 10:00 AM, zuzul said:

Same here.

Same. I use the helo rappel and urban stuff and 9 out of 10 times when I try, it starts off working for about 1-2 seconds and then *pffftht* I fall to my death. :(

• Like 1

G'day Guys,

I had an issue with the rappelling from choppers, the same as Yokhanan. I went through my addons and there appears to be a conflict with the Extended Fortifications Mod. I removed it and I can rappell from choppers once again.

Hope this helps.

Best arma 3 mod ever!

Does anyone know if it's possible to use this as a kind of "grappling" hook also? To be able to climb up to roofs etc?

On 10/24/2017 at 10:24 PM, wansec_6 said:

G'day Guys,

I had an issue with the rappelling from choppers, the same as Yokhanan. I went through my addons and there appears to be a conflict with the Extended Fortifications Mod. I removed it and I can rappell from choppers once again.

Hope this helps.

Well this sucks! Both are awesome mods and if memory serves me correctly the author of the Extended Fortifications mod is off for the summer.

Wonder what the conflict is?

It's good to know, however I will state I am not using the EF mod and still have this issue. Certainly confusing and a bit of a bummer. Hopefully someday some sort of fix could be located to get it working more reliably, since ArmA tends to be....well, ArmA. ;)

• Like 1

@duda123 any news about issues solution?
I wanna say i love your mod, its 1 of 20 best mods ever made for arma 3

On 29/11/2016 at 12:24 AM, Stevetibb95 said:

So i use this mod while playing SP mod called Ravage on Tanoa , and when i rappel , it basically glitches my character up and down , the animation is completely fucked, when i push off something the up and down glitching gets worse and it doesnt even show my legs pushing off it , infact my body doesnt move at all , its just completely still the entire rappel process, aswell during this whole process the rope appears and diseapears, and i cant move up the rope , only down :( and the rope alignment from my body is off the rope from the top seems aligned to my body but the rope below is way behind my body

I have exactly the same problem, maybe I should do a quick video about this bug

quick question... I believe I am on the right track with this but need a bit of help. When installing this via scripting and not as an add-on, how can we enable the animation add-on so players can shoot while rappelling? The anims folder has the rtm's but I'm not sure how to make use of it. Found this: https://pastebin.com/cN3CHQ6j
Was thinking this would be a .hpp file and I'd #include in the description.ext? I'm missing something somewhere and can't get it to work. Someone got any clues?

6 hours ago, aweaver255 said:

quick question... I believe I am on the right track with this but need a bit of help. When installing this via scripting and not as an add-on, how can we enable the animation add-on so players can shoot while rappelling? The anims folder has the rtm's but I'm not sure how to make use of it. Found this: https://pastebin.com/cN3CHQ6j
Was thinking this would be a .hpp file and I'd #include in the description.ext? I'm missing something somewhere and can't get it to work. Someone got any clues?

I might be wrong, but I don't believe you can include animations in a mission.