duda123

Advanced Urban Rappelling

Is there a chance for a script version? or an option to limit the reppeling functions so that only some players can use it and not all of them?

Been trying to use this on our MP server, Have both towing and rappelling on the server and running on the mod line, and Players can not get the option to tow or rappell.

Is there something Im supposed to do on the mission file to make them work?

Been trying to use this on our MP server, Have both towing and rappelling on the server and running on the mod line, and Players can not get the option to tow or rappell.

Is there something Im supposed to do on the mission file to make them work?

I would check your server log - very likely the addons arent loading properly

So i use this mod while playing SP mod called Ravage on Tanoa , and when i rappel , it basically glitches my character up and down , the animation is completely fucked, when i push off something the up and down glitching gets worse and it doesnt even show my legs pushing off it , infact my body doesnt move at all , its just completely still the entire rappel process, aswell during this whole process the rope appears and diseapears, and i cant move up the rope , only down :( and the rope alignment from my body is off the rope from the top seems aligned to my body but the rope below is way behind my body

So i use this mod while playing SP mod called Ravage on Tanoa , and when i rappel , it basically glitches my character up and down , the animation is completely fucked, when i push off something the up and down glitching gets worse and it doesnt even show my legs pushing off it , infact my body doesnt move at all , its just completely still the entire rappel process, aswell during this whole process the rope appears and diseapears, and i cant move up the rope , only down :( and the rope alignment from my body is off the rope from the top seems aligned to my body but the rope below is way behind my body

Doesn't sound normal - have you tried the addon without any other addons enabed?

Doesn't sound normal - have you tried the addon without any other addons enabed?

Just did a test, enabled only this mod, and then went into edit and spawned on top of a few building in Georgetown , still the same problem , this is so fucking weird :/

Just did a test, enabled only this mod, and then went into edit and spawned on top of a few building in Georgetown , still the same problem , this is so fucking weird :/

The same thing happened to me in Georgetown when using Ravage, I assumed it was an issue between the two mods and stopped using AUR with Ravage. Hmm...

You are resourceful. Mods are simply the fantasic first to say.

So i playing,playin and playing with mod AUR, making missions and etc and suddenly a problem with "units damage". I start mission with no damage on units (not because i am immortal zombi while playing most realistic game in the world ever) but because i simulate training for special units, so i need them alive during exercises, jumps, apnea diving, psycho/phisics test with wounding themselfs etc.. I do much tests unitl i finally figured out that using RAPPELLING is "reset" no damage system to every unit that use a mod. Example: Recruit1 (playable unit) start drill, move, fire, survive, and when he rappell from edge of some bridge he become vulnerable after that. Same thing with other units when i switch to them and use mod. 

So please, if anyone have any advanced sugests, what can i do to maintain "no damage" system on units after using AUR, it so much work in it and now everything wait for this issue to be fixed so i can continue with editor. Thanks in advance guys

5 minutes ago, Petifer said:

You are resourceful. Mods are simply the fantasic first to say.

So i playing,playin and playing with mod AUR, making missions and etc and suddenly a problem with "units damage". I start mission with no damage on units (not because i am immortal zombi while playing most realistic game in the world ever) but because i simulate training for special units, so i need them alive during exercises, jumps, apnea diving, psycho/phisics test with wounding themselfs etc.. I do much tests unitl i finally figured out that using RAPPELLING is "reset" no damage system to every unit that use a mod. Example: Recruit1 (playable unit) start drill, move, fire, survive, and when he rappell from edge of some bridge he become vulnerable after that. Same thing with other units when i switch to them and use mod. 

So please, if anyone have any advanced sugests, what can i do to maintain "no damage" system on units after using AUR, it so much work in it and now everything wait for this issue to be fixed so i can continue with editor. Thanks in advance guys

Try adding this to your mission's init.sqf file:

if (!isDedicated) then {waitUntil {!isNull player && isPlayer player}};
player addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", "0"];

Legendary quick answer THANK YOU

I'll be right back in to edit post with the report :D

Unfortunately, problem continues. Same thing happens. Fire in unit before rappelling-no damage, fire in unit just after rappelling-he dies. I check everything, make new clean init.sqf with only this code and the same issue.

Plesae, after reading many threads i cant find solution to this. I try what Duda say and also try with

if (!isDedicated) then {waitUntil {!isNull player && isPlayer player}}; player addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", "1"];  and try to name players everything i can..Plesase if anyone have idea what goes wrong. I cant continue mission editing without this it depends on it very much. Thanks

Hi. When uses this mod together the mod alive. AI opfor units stop moving. Do you know why it might be?

ALiVE player here. It used to work with ALiVE just fine. I haven't tried it in awhile though. Regular Advanced Rappelling still works ok though, I use it every time I play!

Can you replicate this with just ALiVE/CBA/Advanced Urban Rappelling?

4 hours ago, el_specter said:

Hi. When uses this mod together the mod alive. AI opfor units stop moving. Do you know why it might be?

I'd be surprised if this mod caused something like that. First step is to try to reproduce it as HerosandvillainsOS recommended.

I tested the mission only with cba, alive and advanced rappelin and the infantry units of enemy AI do not move.

13 minutes ago, el_specter said:

I tested the mission only with cba, alive and advanced rappelin and the infantry units of enemy AI do not move.

Ok, and when you disable the rappelling they start moving? Please send me your mission pbo so I can give it a try.

However, enemy vehicles move normally and you can order with the Zeus. The enemy infantry does not move and although you command them to move with the zeus they do not
It may be a problem of the order in which the mods are loaded?

Yes, when remove addon advanced rappelin alive is fine all

thx

2 minutes ago, el_specter said:

However, enemy vehicles move normally and you can order with the Zeus. The enemy infantry does not move and although you command them to move with the zeus they do not

It may be a problem of the order in which the mods are loaded?

thx

How can I reproduce this? Just fire up Arma with those mods, drop some enemy AI in the editor and then try to move them around using Zeus?

No, I loaded the mission on the server and entered. Afterwards, I hope that Alive generates enemy AI and I look with Zeus. The generated vehicles move normally but the infantry does not move even if you order it through zeus.

@duda123 If it's truly incompatible with ALiVE, have just CBA, ALiVE and Advanced Rappelling in your mod line. Place down an ALiVE Required module and an ALiVE Virtual AI module.

Then, place a Military AI Commander module. Then, place a Military Commander Civilian Objective module and a Military Commander Military Objective module and sync these two to the Military AI Commander module.

Place a playable unit down, and a Zeus Game Master if you want to see with Zeus. Load the mission on a dedicated server and play.

This should be easy to duplicate. Because if they are frozen with your mod, simply removing your mod from the mod line and playing the mission again would "wake" the frozen units up.

Again, I have not tested it either way but this is what I'd do. 

• Like 1

The funny thing is that when you are editing the mission you run it to test it locally and it works perfectly. But, when you upload it to a dedicated server crashed and the enemy infantry does not move. While vehicles and helicopters do move
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, el_specter said:

The funny thing is that when you are editing the mission you run it to test it locally and it works perfectly. But, when you upload it to a dedicated server crashed and the enemy infantry does not move. While vehicles and helicopters do move

Oh ok. I missed that part. I edited my steps to include him loading it on a dedicated server.