duda123

Advanced Urban Rappelling

Duda is there a way that players don't drop laying after touching ground when rappelling ends? Its kinda a funny ya now :) Only asking :P

I assume you're using enhanced movement?

I'm personally not really enjoying a lot of these suggestions that:

A. Make Duda's mods harder to use

B. Turn a military sim into fantasy land

I think his stuff is perfect as it is. Why mess with a good thing?

Don't get me wrong, options are good. And it's his mod. I just don't get the appeal in making these less accessible or more arcade-y?

The only issue with the current setup is from a mission maker's perspective, without any way to limit who is able to use rappelling, this is almost exclusively a COOP addon or restricted to TvTs in where it makes sense for both factions to have rappelling. Otherwise, you'll have to trust people to role play "I am a hostage, I shouldn't use rappelling" or "I am a criminal/terrorist held up in a bank, I shoudn't use rappelling(But I can)" which is no bueno. 

• Like 1

I don't know if this makes any sense but couldn't rappelling be connected to an object in the inventory? I am thinking about something like the shovel in ACE: Everybody has the ability to dig a trench, but you need the symbolic object in your inventory. I call it symbolic because it there is no real digging animation.

• Like 3

The only issue with the current setup is from a mission maker's perspective, without any way to limit who is able to use rappelling, this is almost exclusively a COOP addon or restricted to TvTs in where it makes sense for both factions to have rappelling. Otherwise, you'll have to trust people to role play "I am a hostage, I shouldn't use rappelling" or "I am a criminal/terrorist held up in a bank, I shoudn't use rappelling(But I can)" which is no bueno.

That's a fair point.

• Like 1

I assume you're using enhanced movement?

Yes I do, and assuming You point that out its colliding with Your mod?

Yes I do, and assuming You point that out its colliding with Your mod?

Well, that appears to be the behavior when using EM. There must be something in the EM code base that detects the player is the air prior to being placed on the ground (and plays the laying down animation)

Love the mod hope you can combine the mod with a grappling hook so you can climb the building on one end and decent on the other :) 

something like this.

Any chance of getting this on playwithsix

can someone do that, please?

Love the mod hope you can combine the mod with a grappling hook so you can climb the building on one end and decent on the other :)

something like this.

Very nice.

Suggestion (Yeah I know)

Maybe this should be the mecanic also for the urban rappelling. Imagine... You hook the rope at the top of the building. you let it fall to the ground. All your squad can rappel on that rope one at the time. No rope in your inventory = no rope deployment. Different items for different rope lenghts with different weight so there is an impact on stamina and volume. Ability to unhook the rope at the top & maybe at the bottom. You dont pick it up. You cant use the fonction anymore. A pro version :)

I love the realism of your fast rope and sling load mods. But I am having a hard time selling urban rappelling to my community. Basically they say its too much Rainbow6 Siege & TitanFall and not enought arma.  :wacko:  They like the logistical / prep aspect of the game a lot for immersion. Consider that I am done with suggestion on this topic. :rolleyes:

Good job, keep it up.

I don't know if this makes any sense but couldn't rappelling be connected to an object in the inventory? I am thinking about something like the shovel in ACE: Everybody has the ability to dig a trench, but you need the symbolic object in your inventory. I call it symbolic because it there is no real digging animation.

There is a rope obect in 3den. But you can take it in your inventory :S

Called "rigging rope" i think. Small white rope.

• Like 1

finally got to testing this. works like a charm. thx for this. keep it up!

i hope you're at least trying to do the upwards thing with a hook too (tested the github thing...awesome). would make this amazing. still is though.

• Like 1

Climbing up top should use 

i hope you're at least trying to do the upwards thing with a hook too (tested the github thing...awesome). would make this amazing. still is though.

It'd be cool if his "climb to top" option after grappling, used your climbing animation.

yea i would totally allow to use those anims if it makes it look better. or maybe a check if my addon is present to then use the right anim.

Out of curiosity, how did you get that to work? I attempted it but it didn't seem to work on my end.

Definitely one of the best mods I've encountered!! How does it come with the grappling hook/climb up feature? any eta? Thanks!

Edit: Could anyone maybe explain to me how to use the github/script version on grappling hook? Can't seem to find it. Cheers.

• Like 1

i was wondering. coudl you consider getting rid of the auto cut rope once you hit the ground? two reasons.

1. it's not needed since you can do it manually

2. it caused me to slip, fall and die when rappelling from one ledge down to the next (very narrow) when climbing down rocks. hard to explain but in general it happens a lot when i don't want it to especialyl on complex objects like rocks.

i was wondering. coudl you consider getting rid of the auto cut rope once you hit the ground? two reasons.

1. it's not needed since you can do it manually

2. it caused me to slip, fall and die when rappelling from one ledge down to the next (very narrow) when climbing down rocks. hard to explain but in general it happens a lot when i don't want it to especialyl on complex objects like rocks.

Yeah, I've been thinking about doing this.

Any ideas about how to handle the climb up / rappel down keys while the player is standing on the ground?

When the player is in the air, the move forward and move backwards keys move them up/down the rope. However, on the ground, they should make the player walk around (with rope still attached). 

Maybe Ctrl + Move Forward / Backwards move you up/down the rope when standing on the ground?

• Like 2

But CTRL+movement keys are for sub stances, another solution would be a action menu action that would pop up if you are underneath the cliff/edge/whatever where the rope is attached and have it automaticly reel in and out when you are moving on the ground.

Lots of really neat suggestions i'm sure your work is cut out for you. As the addon progresses, the 'aussie' style rappelling would be really cool to implement

• Like 2

Very cool mod. Thanks.

I have here suggestion for new abilities. look link https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al9lRa_Rcenkz2xTXlCxCiHCkKzT (mission editor directory rarred).

My abilities is not enough to make it MP compatible. please check it out. Its just idea.

Very nice, did you create that?

Fantastic mod!

Did you ever think about a version that checks the condition and rappels on a key press instead of using addactions that check every frame?

My community is slightly worried about the potential performance impact this mod may have, especially in an environment with many players.

Fantastic mod!

Did you ever think about a version that checks the condition and rappels on a key press instead of using addactions that check every frame?

My community is slightly worried about the potential performance impact this mod may have, especially in an environment with many players.

Good question! The actions added via addAction only execute their condition checks on the client side. This means that you shouldn't notice any difference between one player on the server vs 100.

Give it a try and see how it runs. If you notice any performance issues, let me know!

Annoyingly, I have found this mod rather unusable when attempting to scale rock/cliff faces. Extreme juddering and rubber-banding is present, which is usually present to a much lesser extent when descending the sides of buildings and such.

On a side note, I have had problems with the other mod (advanced repelling), where I would select 'rappel self' and would just be ejected from the helicopter (used a UH-80 Ghosthawk from vanilla) into a freefall of death.