Wiki

Germany General

Assassins in Germany had contact with IS in Saudi Arabia 

The perpetrators of recent attacks in Ansbach and Würzburg in Germany had contacts with

suspected Islamic State members in Saudi Arabia, SPIEGEL has learned.

Chat transcripts suggest one of the perpetrators may have been planning to strike again.

Würzburg perpetrator Riaz Khan Ahmadzai, who is believed to have originated from Afghanistan and seriously

injured several people on a regional train with an axe and knife on July 18, also left a goodbye message before engaging in the attack. "We'll see each other in paradise," he wrote.

In chats conducted prior to the attack, an IS contact man suggested to the 17-year-old that he drive a car into a mass of people. The perpetrator rejected the suggestion, justifying himself by saying he didn't have a driver's license. Instead, Ahmadzai announced, he would board a train and attack the first passengers that are convenient.

In the case of the other attack in Ansbach, committed by Mohammed Daleel of Syria, the authorities

believe the perpetrator's death on July 24 was likely an accidentThey think his intention had been to deposit a backpack carrying

homemade explosives within a crowd at a music festival in the city before detonating it remotely.

Shortly before the attack, his chat contact had called on him to film the detonation and the ensuing inferno and to send the video to IS.But it appears the explosive detonated prematurely, killing Daleel and injuring 15 others.

There is discussion in the chats of Daleel perpetrating further attacks. 

more...

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/attackers-in-germany-had-contact-with-suspected-is-members-a-1106271.html

So our government have just advised people to store food and water as a part of a "renewed" civil defense concept.

We have to buy enough food for 10 days and 2 liters of water per person for each day... just in case of a catastrophe or an armed assault (pun not intended).

http://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/deutschland/id_78758500/bundesregierung-raet-zu-hamsterkaeufen-neuer-notfallplan.html

Opposion are already talking about panicmongering, but still the last time people were adviced to do something like that was 1989.

So our government have just advised people to make hamster purchases as a part of a "renewed" civil defense concept.

We have to buy enough food for 10 days and 2 liters of water per person for each day... just in case of a catastrophe or an armed assault (pun not intended).

http://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/deutschland/id_78758500/bundesregierung-raet-zu-hamsterkaeufen-neuer-notfallplan.html

Opposion are already talking about panicmongering, but still the last time people were adviced to do something like that was 1989.

The hysteria about this is hillarious. This recommendation has been in place for decades: http://www.bbk.bund.de/DE/Ratgeber/VorsorgefuerdenKat-fall/VorsorgefuerdenKat-fall.html

Tinfoil haaaats - off!

Oh I didnt knew that.

But then it really does sound like panicmongering.

Its just plain stupid and contradicitive from our government to give that advice amidst all that "We will make it" rhetoric.

Well, the last time this concept was updated was in 1989 so it makes sense to review these recommendations from time to time. Plus the order to do so was issued four years ago already: http://www.berliner-zeitung.de/politik/hamsterkaeufe-warum-erneuert-die-regierung-ihr-konzept-zur-zivilverteidigung--24622558

So what we hear right now is not really panicmongering on the government's side but more the presentation of the results of four years of "work". It's just that the media and some conspiracy theorists did their panic dance over it.^^

I'm wildly sorry, but where the 4th place in the list?

KGB took it through the tiny hole in the wall. They will clean it and put it back soon. Stay tuned.

Every country has such emergency plans and recommandations for the population, isnt it. I think there is no need for panic buying or to be too much afraid.

Already in 2004, one minister from the green party did recommand panic buying for emergencies in case of terror attacks and the changed security situation since 2001.  It was critisized by the cabinet....

Today it was reported that the recommandations are outdated and updated ones will be released next week....lol ?

Every country has such emergency plans and recommandations for the population, isnt it. I think there is no need for panic buying or to be too much afraid.

Already in 2004, one minister from the green party did recommand panic buying for emergencies in case of terror attacks and the changed security situation since 2001.  It was critisized by the cabinet....

Today it was reported that the recommandations are outdated and updated ones will be released next week....lol ?

I just loved to read about the shortage of gas masks in the 90s because some stupid Germans thought Saddam Hussein could shoot gas rockets to central Europe. :D Same for flu shots, natrium, whatever type of panic is popular right now.

Yeah, and there are many examples also in the recent years i.e. rocket shield against threats by Iran. 

That area was always known for a lot of neo nazis and symphatizers, wasn´t it?

That area was always known for a lot of neo nazis and symphatizers, wasn´t it?

from what I know the whole east of the country has this problem. Yet the result is quite telling. Angela is getting hammered. Too bad, but unfortunately not surprising.

Not very promising for next year.

from what I know the whole east of the country has this problem. Yet the result is quite telling. Angela is getting hammered. Too bad, but unfortunately not surprising.

Not very promising for next year.

The results of the election is really not suprising ....its the result of irresponsible refugee politics.

And dont forget, the CSU (sister party of the CDU) is the only critically major party towards the refugee politics and can only be elected in Bavaria.

Merkel's party beaten by rightwing populists in state election (The Guardian)

Alternative für Deutschland on 21.8% with chancellor’s CDU on 19% in German state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

Angela Merkel has suffered a sobering defeat in regional elections in her constituency of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, with her Christian Democratic Union (CDU) coming third behind the Social Democrats (SPD) and the rightwing populists Alternative für Deutschland (AfD).

But an increasingly divisive debate over the consequences of the German government’s strategy during

the refugee crisis has spurred support for AfD ...

Peter Tauber, the CDU’s general secretary, described the outcome as “a bitter result, a new experienceâ€.

“We are all responsible for this,†Tauber said. “It was noticeable that the refugee subject was very present.

Of course many people are looking at Angela Merkel.â€

more...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/04/mecklenburg-vorpommern-german-anti-immigrant-party-strong-regional-election-exit-polls-merkel

This results of the election is really not suprising ....its the result of irresponsible refugee politics.

Ironic how things are sometimes; for me Angela Merkel is one of the few actually behaving responsibly. Not to mention that she proved to have some guts, unlike most of the losers in Europe.

Ironic how things are sometimes; for me Angela Merkel is one of the few actually behaving responsibly. Not to mention that she proved to have some guts, unlike most of the losers in Europe.

Yes behaving responsible for taking refugees but irresponsible how it was done.

Besides the political aim and agenda around the refugees politics without considering possible political reactions by parts of the own population.

In the meanwhile slowly the refugee crisis 2.0 is arriving, only some days ago the italian coast guard

did rescue 6500 refugees along the coast line of Libya in just one day,

months ago it was reported hundred thousands are waiting in Libya for crossing the sea to Europe..

Yes responsible for taking refugees but irresponsible how it was done.

I agree. That was really shameful. But we know that's not the reason why AfD is winning

In the meanwhile slowly the refugee crisis 2.0 is arriving, only some days ago the italian coast guard

did rescue 6500 refugees along the coast line of Libya in just one day,

yep. That has been known for quite some time. And yet there is till no real solution in Libya.

I wonder if that would solve the problem anyway.

months ago it was reported hundred thousands are waiting in Libya for crossing the sea to Europe..

okay, that might be overestimated

I agree. That was really shameful. But we know that's not the reason why AfD is winning

yep. That has been known for quite some time. And yet there is till no real solution in Libya.

I wonder if that would solve the problem anyway.

okay, that might be overestimated

The refugee crisis last year was actually the main reason why the AfD was becoming more popular in elections.

And as far I did read the refugees were still the major political point for the elections today.

Well, no idea if its overestimated but major news report it:

i.e. The Guardian

Half a million refugees gather in Libya to attempt perilous crossing to Europe

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/06/cameron-merkel-at-odds-resettle-refugees-europe-migration

The refugee crisis last year was actually the main reason why the AfD was becoming more popular in elections.

And as far I did read the refugees were still the major political point for the elections today.

of course. Just not the way they were handled. Rather, the simple fact that they are there.

Suppose you can take the same refugees, just managing the whole crisis tidily and efficiently. Would AfD be losing now? I don't think so.

Besides, we still see how much of the whole mess is Germany's fault, and how much Europe's

Half a million refugees gather in Libya to attempt perilous crossing to Europe

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/06/cameron-merkel-at-odds-resettle-refugees-europe-migration

Awesome. I guess we can expect maybe 2 or 300000. Really wonderful

Awesome. I guess we can expect maybe 2 or 300000. Really wonderful

More enthusiasm, please! Hehehehe :D

Up to now, they were welcome. Now what is this lack of enthusiasm? Be glad that wesetern europe becomes even more multikulti!

When they arrive, you should greet them, if not, you might be labelled nazi!

No surprise here about the election results. It's eastern Germany, MVP offers virtually no perspectives for young and/or well-educated people, and we've got the whole refugee thing as an amplifier for long existing problems. I'm actually more curious if the AFD can prevail since they're now part of the legislation. Based on their programme, I don't see much of a future for this party. Same shit, different colour. With a hint of far right views of course. At some point voters will realise the AFD doesn't actually have any viable alternatives and lacks fresh ideas just as much as the older parties do.

Up to now, they were welcome. Now what is this lack of enthusiasm? Be glad that wesetern europe becomes even more multikulti!

There is this small piece of information that keeps getting lost, to my dismay. Let me try again:

I don't take them because I want to, I take them because I have to.

The fact that I say they can come doesn't mean I'm happy that they come

clear now?

When they arrive, you should greet them, if not, you might be labelled nazi!

I really don't give a shit. Anyone who likes the current situation is insane.

At some point voters will realise the AFD doesn't actually have any viable alternatives and lacks fresh ideas just as much as the older parties do.

I'm sure you are aware of the fact that this might happen after a possibly not short period of government.

I'm sure you are aware of the fact that this might happen after a possibly not short period of government.

We'll see.

Then resist! Vote for AfD! Spread nationalism! (NOT nazism!) Condemn liberalism and multikulti! Show no tolerance for Islam! Acknowledge that eastern "barbarian" countries, like hungary, slovakia are right, and suport them! 

Western europe is in the 24th hour, but its still not late! Drive back the islamic invaders!

So I guess I haven't explained myself well enough.

- "I don't take them because I want to, I take them because I have to" means that I don't want to take them, but I do take them

- "The fact that I say they can come doesn't mean I'm happy that they come" means that I'm not happy, but also that they can come.

It's like taxes or the dentist. In a normal situation there is no chance that I would support this mess; but this is not a normal situation. They are dying, so I do what I think should be done, even if I'm not happy.

I'm sure many people agree with me.

I don't vote in Germany, but there isn't the infinitesimal chance that I would vote for AfD.

I am not against Islam. I don't think a religion makes people bad (rather its interpretation), and I met too many Muslims to consider Islam intrinsically bad. Discrimination is in general a bad idea anyway.

Eastern countries are happy with the idea of letting people die, including kids, based on religious grounds. This is not just wrong, it's super wrong. You go ahead, if you want, I prefer to wait before I reach that level.

I'm not really german nor have I visit Germany, But I'm seriously sorry to anyone who lost their family/loved ones and my best wishes to them.

But one thing I seriously don't understand is why most Europeans seriously hate islam (Not referencing to you), even though the goddamn terrorists are not true Muslims (When people say this, The most common response I hear is the overused false verse)

I know it is really sad watching other people die on your own country/other country but showing no tolerance of Islam? That's not even the right thing to do, the country I live in, Kuwait never did anything to Christians/Hindus and I never seen hate crime. Terrorism is extremely low despite kuwait not discriminating other religions in which the terrorists hates. They even had the guts to attack the city of Mecca, No one ever realizes that the city is holy and very important. Yet the media still says they are Muslims

And Islamic invaders? Goddamn label them as terrorists not Islamic invaders (if your referencing to refugees, then that's really sad. If you were them you of course want to get out of a mess and try to live peaceful again, take an example from the Iraq invasion of kuwait, Thousands of civilians fled to neighboring countries and they welcomed them with open arms)

The people who believe that if they kill other people who is different from their religion does not even have the right to call themselves "Muslims/ Christians/Jewish" and they should feel ashame of themselves.

I have no ill will towards you @archbishop Lazarus. I'm not german and I have no right to say anything about politics in germany.

I wish the best to the people of Germany and I hope everything goes alright for everyone there, The people who died has hopes and dreams and may be one of the most successful people but then someone who has no dignity ruins their life.