TyrDaishi

Please notice bohemia: long time sound issues with say/playsound3d that got ignored for months now!

Since there is no response for a long time regarding this (in my opinion important) issue this is my try to get your attention bohemia:

playSound3D can't be stopped

say/3D has a range option but it is NOT working.

So we have no way to play a sound with locality that can be stopped! please fix at least ONE of those commands!

Thank you for reading, and for the community, I'm aware this is not the best way to communicate this but what can we do when the bugtracker gets ignored?!

Since there is no response for a long time regarding this (in my opinion important) issue this is my try to get your attention bohemia:

playSound3D can't be stopped

say/3D has a range option but it is NOT working.

So we have no way to play a sound with locality that can be stopped! please fix at least ONE of those commands!

Thank you for reading, and for the community, I'm aware this is not the best way to communicate this but what can we do when the bugtracker gets ignored?!

You say its been ignored on the bugtracker, could you please specify the ticket?

• Like 1

You say its been ignored on the bugtracker, could you please specify the ticket?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T83026 this is one of the more recent tickets. This issue is known for months though and is easy replicated. Same for the missing stop command for playsound3D. To my knowledge say never had a proper distance command for Sound, only camera Text distance and changing db in description.ext has no effect as well. The main issue we Mission Designers have is that we can't stop or Loop local soundeffects since deleting Sound sources that are using playsound 3d will start multiple times when created again and say-objects are heared over the whole Map.

I felt back with say3D and relative sound paths (called with description.ext classes) because I experienced some wrong paths for clients with playSound3D.

I know the need to declare the entire path of .ogg or other working sound file, and I'm aware of the mission root in MP, with methods like:

str missionConfigFile select [0, count str missionConfigFile - 15]

or

__EXEC (MISSION_ROOT = __FILE__ select [0, count __FILE__ - 15])  then usage of the parsingNameSpace variable.

That's not a typo problem because this works until you decide to change something in the process.

I explain: This works after creating a mission and playing it on hosted server and clients ready.

But I experienced some trouble on clients after 2 uncorrelated changes, each of them or both leading to the error (sorry, I didn't make all tests):

So, after changing the mission name via editor and/or description.ext header,

and / or

allowing JIP, (I know also JIP can't hear a running sound but it's not the problem. I'm speaking about persistent error, reported in rpt file).

something breaks the mission root on client. Hosted server still can find the sound file (normal so far) but the clients have a path error coming with __currentMPmission.anyWorldName.\...    I can't remember the exact message but clearly, the client path is not searched into the right place.

This occurs on MP editor preview, MP mission local files session and even uploaded on Steam mission (hosted server subscription).

No idea to correct that.

On 7/23/2016 at 0:43 AM, TyrDaishi said:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T83026 this is one of the more recent tickets. This issue is known for months though and is easy replicated. Same for the missing stop command for playsound3D. To my knowledge say never had a proper distance command for Sound, only camera Text distance and changing db in description.ext has no effect as well. The main issue we Mission Designers have is that we can't stop or Loop local soundeffects since deleting Sound sources that are using playsound 3d will start multiple times when created again and say-objects are heared over the whole Map.

This is not a bug, config should contain max audible distance

sound[] = {"voice.ogg", 1, 1, 100};

100m max audible distance