I made an all-in-one Hostage Rescue template for missionmakers

zlopL9T.png

>> Download demonstration mission here <<

Just want the script by itself?  You can get it here: LINK

Instructions:

After copy-pasting the file I've called initHostageScenario.sqf into your mission's folder and running it server-side only (very important detail), you only need to do a minimum of six things:

1. Place the hostage unit(s) that you actually want to use
  2. Give the hostages appropriate names (by default: hostage1, hostage2 etc but you can edit in the script)
  3. Place at least one trigger that you want to use as an extraction zone
  4. Give the trigger(s) appropriate names (by default: trg_extractionZone1, trg_extractionZone2, etc but you can edit in the script)
  5. Be aware that if a hostage is killed, a variable called sv_missionFailed will be set to true and publicVariable'd so you can auto-end in failure if you want.
  6. Be aware that if all hostages are extracted, a variable called sv_missionComplete will be set to true and publicVariable'd so you can auto-end in success if you want.

If you want to use different names for the hostages and extraction zones, including the number of hostages or extraction zones that you want to use in the mission, they are editable in the script itself in the first two lines or whatever.

Features:

• Completely vanilla:  that is, free of any mod dependencies
  • Supports any number of hostages
  • Supports any number of extraction zones
  • Uses built-in scripted actions for the players to both carry and drop hostages
  • Like 6

That's really cool, could see some potentially very interesting missions using this - having to provide cover for the hostage extractor and whatnot :)

I like the whole CSGO carrying-way of doing it also, looks like it would work better in Arma than I thought it would

It seems any objects placed within the trigger extraction zone can interfere and prevent mission completion. Works fine as long as I moved all extra objects outside the trigger.

Can i get the mission file demonstration. The download link has expired i assumed.

Is there an easy way to make this work without the trigger areas part?  I'd like to only use the hostage setup and carry parts of it.

Just delete the triggers? For the completion part, you could use the waitUntil command.

private _return = false;

waitUntil
{
	{
		if ((_hostage distance2D getMarkerPos "safehouse" <= 8)) then
		{
			_return = true;
		};
	} forEach [hostage1, hostage2, hostage3, hostage4];
};

4 hours ago, medusacadenza said:

Please could someone re-upload the demo mission.

You can still download the code .sqf just below

On 21/7/2016 at 3:15 AM, 4 said:

Just want the script by itself?  You can get it here: LINK