ANGRY_FARMER

dedicated server settings anti-desync

hi all!

i use TADST 3.0.0 to run my dedicated server, with my own custom mission.
with 1.58 was everything ok (tested with up to 8 players in), but with 1.60 and 1.62 i have a tragic problem with desync 100000.

i didnt edited mission, not changed hardware or connection.
desync 100000 is constant for joining players (even for just 1 player on server).
server itself run at 47-48 fps with no problem at all.
i'm on a 7mb (download, 0.4mb upload) connection....i know its few but is the same as 1.58, when everything was fine!

hope you can help me setting the server properly to solve this problem, that is making game unplayable!
thankssss!

the upload connection could easily be saturated/oversaturated by a couple players. although i've experienced this with a dedicated server with all the bandwidth it could possibly need as well, that was due to a firewall blocking some of the traffic from the server out to the clients. 

You could also try trial and error with the server settings (maxBandwidth, msgSend, which all affects how the server will utilize the network connection and sending "updates" to clients).

Also test with a 'fresh' simple mission to rule out any mission-related issues.  If you're getting huge desync from just one player joined you'll need to do some testing.  Are you using mods?  It's possible one of them is causing this.

When in doubt refer to Terox's excellent guide:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/139003-tutorial-installation-configuration-of-arma3-dedicated-server/

thanks for the help guys !

no mods, i mean, i usually use ACE3 and ALiVE mod, but i tested whithout any mods, even whitout scripts....and problem persist!

about firewall, windows one is off, and about router one, i'm in DMZ before (1.58 ) and now (1.62) , so no change :(

thanks anyway, i'm reading the guide-tutorial now....hope to find something useful !

thanks !