Hey guys,

im working on a mission inculding a protesting mob.

Is there some kind of protest animation, i vaguely seem to remember there has been one,

but cant seem to find it.

null = [] spawn {sleep 1; disableSerialization; call BIS_fnc_animViewer;};

Look for your self.

If you're on dev branch (dunno if it's so on stable, haven't used that in a long time), you can open the anim viewer from the pause menu. Look under "Cutscene" animations, it's probably there.

what would be the correct syntax for a units init field to play the animation and can it be configured to stop animation, once a unit goes to combat mode or similar?

Init fields aren't for animations, but you can run a script from there that can activate animations.

BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat is a function that can run ambient animations for you and the units will break out of them when combat starts.

• Like 1

what would be the correct syntax for a units init field to play the animation and can it be configured to stop animation, once a unit goes to combat mode or similar?

PlayMove or switchMove (usually switchMove as many animations don't have a transition). Some require you to check when it ends and use disableAI "ANIM".

Using the anims from a .sqf script is better but if you really want to avoid that then you can use something like

_nul = this spawn {_this switchMove "someAnimation"; waitUntil {sleep 0.1; someCondition}; _this switchMove ""};

in the unit's init field.

• Like 1

Hi mate, I'm afraid you're not going to find an animation for a protesting mob - though there are some in Arma 2 - I'd recommend using IndeedPete's A2 animations mod, which is a series of ported anims from the game.

• Like 1

Hi mate, I'm afraid you're not going to find an animation for a protesting mob - though there are some in Arma 2 - I'd recommend using IndeedPete's A2 animations mod, which is a series of ported anims from the game.

Thanks mate that really helps.

I was looking trough the animation viewer a couple of days ago and did not find any thats why i started this topic.

The ones i remember seeing were from arma 2 then.

I hope i will find something apropriate in the pack u mentioned