ahmedslimkw

Is there a way to make a unit fire during animations?

Heya lads!

So I got a question over here, on the Apex release trailer you can see a bandit firing in full auto with an animation. How is that possible?

I experimented using the same animation it uses. It won't even let me fire a weapon or let the AI fire a weapon using doFire. However I know only 1 animation which allows me to fire during it. and it's the Breaching One animation.

Any answers is appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: Edited the title as I made it quite unclear about my question.

Try forceWeaponFire...... I'm at work but i think that's a command i use for another purpose, but i can get a cyclic ROF for as long/much as i need, and it seems like it would work during an animation. Hopefully someone can confirm our deny this, otherwise I'll look at what I've got when i get home.

• Like 1

Try forceWeaponFire...... I'm at work but i think that's a command i use for another purpose, but i can get a cyclic ROF for as long/much as i need, and it seems like it would work during an animation. Hopefully someone can confirm our deny this, otherwise I'll look at what I've got when i get home.

I already tried out this script. Works splendidly without an animation (apart from it not firing in fallout dammit)

But with an animation it doesn't work.. Apparently it works with the Breaching_One but not the covering fire animation.

Thanks for trying to help man!

• Like 1

Looked at what I've been using (albeit for a different purpose):

unitOne action ["UseWeapon", target vehicle, target unit, weapon index]

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Actions#UseWeapon

You could try this, using a game logic in place of unitOne:

gameLogic_1 action ["useWeapon", unit_1, unit_1, 0];

That'll fire a single shot, and if you put it in a loop you'll be able to count how many rounds have been fired to control the burst size you're after. Still though, don't know if it'll work during an animation but given that it's a game logic that is performing the action, I guess it stands a chance.

• Like 1

That'll fire a single shot, and if you put it in a loop you'll be able to count how many rounds have been fired to control the burst size you're after. Still though, don't know if it'll work during an animation but given that it's a game logic that is performing the action, I guess it stands a chance.

Okay mate! Il try out the codes and hopefully it works during an animation.

Thanks!

Strange... It does work if its not in an animation... i tried using that with this animation

"Acts_CrouchingFiringLeftRifle03"

But it doesnt work somehow... Im quite confused on how on the trailers these animations fire perfectly.

Thanks!

Man i'm searching the same stuff and also me can't get this to work :/ i'm in contact with someone that probably have a solution. If i find out something i will write here mate :)

• Like 1

Man i'm searching the same stuff and also me can't get this to work :/ i'm in contact with someone that probably have a solution. If i find out something i will write here mate :)

Same here apparently :( been looking for a solution for so long up until September with no avail. Thanks for seeking it out! Hopefully we will find out a solution!

Are you sure it wasn't added in post production?

Not sure on what you mean but I'm pretty sure it isn't working months after the trailer was released.

Cheers guys and have a splendid day!

• Like 1

Are you sure it wasn't added in post production?

Well the weapon is animated, so i think that all is made in the game mate 

Same here apparently :( been looking for a solution for so long up until September with no avail. Thanks for seeking it out! Hopefully we will find out a solution!

Yeah i hope for that too man, i'm working on some videos and probably in one of them i will need the same animation that appears in the trailer :/

• Like 1

Check my animations, it's possible to fire weapon while in animation. If there is canPullTrigger= 1 you can fire the weapon, if it's 0 you simply cannot > a3\anims_f\config\sdr\config.cpp

• Like 1

Not sure on what you mean but I'm pretty sure it isn't working months after the trailer was released.

Cheers guys and have a splendid day!

I mean what they might have done, is visually edited in the appearance and sound of shooting in a video editor after they recorded the ingame footage.

• Like 1

Yeah i hope for that too man, i'm working on some videos and probably in one of them i will need the same animation that appears in the trailer :/

Well I'm working on a mafia campaign and I need some really cool introduction animations for the cutscene, I hope we can find our solutions soon! (Maybe the guy below me found it out? I could re-add the animation with the config line)

Check my animations, it's possible to fire weapon while in animation. If there is canPullTrigger= 1 you can fire the weapon, if it's 0 you simply cannot > a3\anims_f\config\sdr\config.cpp

Thanks a billion man! Il try to do it maybe tomorrow as I'm pretty busy today and I'm almost sure you found out the solution!

I mean what they might have done, is visually edited in the appearance and sound of shooting in a video editor after they recorded the ingame footage.

That could be possible but it looks so real like ingame footage and I didn't even saw any abnormalities. Maybe the guy is absolutely brilliant at editing I guess!

Thanks for your help guys and have a splendid day!

Welp its been months and months since this post so with no luck whatsoever so I'm afraid not :(

On 2017-01-26 at 6:42 PM, Numinex Cydoemus said:

Welp its been months and months since this post so with no luck whatsoever so I'm afraid not :(

Too bad :/ I've been also searching and posting around but either nobody knows how or it's just not possible!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, enzait said:

Too bad :/ I've been also searching and posting around but either nobody knows how or it's just not possible!

Definitely, it's a shame that there isn't any easy solution to this! My guess in the apex intro was some top notch editing. I'm still trying to figure out a solution during my spare time! 

43 minutes ago, Numinex Cydoemus said:

Definitely, it's a shame that there isn't any easy solution to this! My guess in the apex intro was some top notch editing. I'm still trying to figure out a solution during my spare time! 

It has to be ingame since he was shooting through the car aswell!

Maybe - But it's only designed for helicopters. It's worth a try though! Once I'm back from school il test it out!

18 hours ago, Cydoemus said:

Maybe - But it's only designed for helicopters. It's worth a try though! Once I'm back from school il test it out!

Did you try it out?

10 hours ago, enzait said:

Did you try it out?

Yep I did, and it didn't work at all :(

Im also stuck at this one... At first i wanted my maincharacter to walk up to a hostage ,sitting backbound on the ground, kneel then get back up and point his gun and fire. I managed to get everything to work but when i reached and not managed to finish the step where i need the hostage to also play animations in the exact time the maincharacter does i moved over to this idea.. just to be as stuck as before.. 
If i dont manage to solve how to play animations in sync i will continue on this one and i´ll post the solution here right away!

• Like 2

use the do target do fire command put this in the init of the unit you wan to fire this disableAI "AUTOTARGET"; units name doTarget targets name; units name doFire targets name; might work I dont know 100% though you might need to add more like wait untill unitdistance = < _x target name or timed triggers timed with the animations with the fire command

• Like 1