pharoah

APEX - what about ships?

Agree - well said PuFu.

Most (if not all) of us are here because we love this stuff. Having said that though, there is a dire need for larger boats/ships that are capable of transporting vehicles, etc. When you're trying to move heavy things like MBTs, etc the quickest way (other than having your own C5 Galaxy or C17) is via rail or ship. We need atleast one LST or something like that that can transport vehicles and esp larger armoured vehicles from island to island. The reason the request goes direct to BI (as stated before) is the need to have these assets on vanilla servers. I love all of the RHS and other mods but most servers are vanilla...so it doesn't get used. Instead CTI and other missions are just vanilla. Good luck trying to transport a tank from one island to the other.

I'd love to see something like the one that already is in the Spanish mod (and works extremely well, even without vanilla vehicle-in-vehicle).

mCw215m.jpg

• Like 3

snip

no one ever said that mods should be in vanilla or should replace the existing content, be it rhs or another. I was mearly replying to the "hire rhs" type of comment.

On the other hand, no matter how much one might want some water transport vehicles in vanilla because it would fit the scope of their mission or playstyle, it would be worth noteing that the easiest approach would be to create it yourself rathet than ask and expect to be coming from BI or any other 3rd party

• Like 2

I'd love to see something like the one that already is in the Spanish mod (and works extremely well, even without vanilla vehicle-in-vehicle).

How well does that work with AI?

How well does that work with AI?

Haven't tested it, but I have to assume the worst. Isn't really an argument anymore though, because with the VTOLs we already have vehicles that don't really work with AI. Don't get me wrong, I love them (except the armed Blackfish of course) and I'd rather they include them even though AI has its gripes with it.

I find it really admirable though that they try hard to make new stuff like the vehicle-in-vehicle accessible to scripting, AI and so on.

I would assume in terms of AI and Waterborne transportation, would work like AI and boats already do. You can have them gt in a boat, sail to another island and get out. So adding the ability for AI to instead, drive to the boat, load up like they would in a VTOL, then have the boat go to the other island, and unload as they do with the VTOL, would be about as much work as it is with the VTOL. 

mCw215m.jpg

That's what boggling my mind to infinity.

Vehicle transport already works pretty good just by only parking physx objects on each other.

Why the hell did they have to integrate this weird vehicle in vehicle "feature" that doesn't even support the most needed logic applications like transporting fuel barrels or ammo crates?

There's already a rope technology in game on top of that, but who wants to use ropes to further stabilize loaded cargo on its carrier when you can just "_cargo attachto [_carrier,[0,0,0]]"...

:face_palm:

Cheers

• Like 2

That's what boggling my mind to infinity.

Vehicle transport already works pretty good just by only parking physx objects on each other.

Why the hell did they have to integrate this weird vehicle in vehicle "feature" that doesn't even support the most needed logic applications like transporting fuel barrels or ammo crates?

There's already a rope technology in game on top of that, but who wants to use ropes to further stabilize loaded cargo on its carrier when you can just "_cargo attachto [_carrier,[0,0,0]]"...

:face_palm:

Cheers

Your statement is correct until you asked why they integrated it. It's because PhysX in PhysX doesn't work for aircraft. Thus VTOL's need something to make sure the penalty of hard turns and steep angles aren't punishing enough to blow up the heli mid air like it probably did before the system was even integrated. I tried it before, crates in a Chinook, worked for about 25 seconds before it damaged the rotors and exploded in mid air. Thus comes the VVT configuration. However, this isn't necessarily even needed for Ships/Ground transport vehicles, and i've proven it many times. It would be convenient to have VVT with Ships, but it's not an absolute need. Though, VVT would allow AI to use it too. So now that we have that, it makes it even easier for BI to consider such an addition if they ever contemplate it to begin with. It also allows for interesting possibilities. Not just good for ships, but even vehicles like the Zamak/HemTT/Tempest/Off-road/Box Truck can be configured to have smaller vehicles like Quad-bikes loaded into the flatbed.

• Like 4