Sign in to follow this  
polishmartyr

Looking for easy to use ai spawn script

Spent some time looking for a spawn script for my attempt at a public mission but I either find scripts from BETA or scripts that are in early development.

The mission i am building is a mix of capture control and domination. Two user teams and an ai team. The ai team starts with the most sectors under their control. It is the goal of the two player teams to capture and maintain as many sectors as possible. When a team captures a sector an ai garrison will spawn for that team and at times vehicles as well.

I am looking for a spawn script that will be easy on the server and will not cause significant lag or frame drops. Will spawn the correct units depending on who owns the sector. Will be reuable. For example an opfor garrison is wiped out. Blufor takes control of the sector and blufor garrison spawns. Opfor later takes back control of that same sector and their garrison respawns. Also plan to use RHS mods.

Now I have tried using DAC for this but ran into a big conflict with the sector control where the sectors would work but the DAC Spawns would not produce units.

Try T8 Units, using it for my Sector Control mission and works just awesome

I will take a look into it. Big question is "Will spawn the correct units depending on who owns the sector. Will be reuable. For example an opfor garrison is wiped out. Blufor takes control of the sector and blufor garrison spawns. Opfor later takes back control of that same sector and their garrison respawns. "

EOS (Enemy Occupation System) by BangaBob, I use it in my mission and it works great! Totally customizable too if you want to use modded units or whatever:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/144150-enemy-occupation-system-eos/

Yeah I was thinking about using EOS since it will do great for keeping the lag and frames issues down, I am just running into an issue again with spawning in a garrison after a zone is captured. If it was one team it would be easier but with two player teams how would I set it to where if opfor captures a zone their units will spawn in the captured zone and if blufor captures a zone blufor units appear. 

EDIT: Would changing the "control victory" to something like "bluforvictory" and "opforvictory" work? But then I am still stuck on creating units spawn in a captured zone. I am not the most experienced person when it comes to coding for Arma 3 obviously. I know the basics and work with scripts like DAC and EOS but I have am lost when attempting to build upon these scripts.

Dynamic AI Spawn System worked well for me in the past. I haven't used it recently, but you could give it a shot.

• Like 1

Dynamic AI Spawn System worked well for me in the past. I haven't used it recently, but you could give it a shot.

I have used it before. Did not give me what DAC could though.

EDIT: With EOS could there be a way for me to trigger (activate/deactivate) the spawns according to whomever controls the sector?

Try messaging Bangabob he is pretty good with this stuff