Sign in to follow this  
Hagraven

Placement radius not working?

Hi guys, this might be just my mistake since I didn't use this feature in a looong time-maybe it works differently than I was used to...anyway

Does placement radius work at this moment? I tried placing an empty DSHK (RHS addon) in the editor and wanted to randomize it's spawn location a little using the spawn radius parameter. The MG, however, spawns always at the same spot, as if the placement radius field was left blank. It didn't work for other units/items either. Am I doing something wrong (i.e. does the placement radius require some input in the Init line to work?). Thanks for any ideas

I don't know if it's working completely. All I can tell you is that I tried a placement radius of 1000m on a unit and it seemed to work, however I saw no visible indication on the map of the area. On the old 2D editor I would see a dotted circle representing the possible spawn area, since the Apex update when I've been "encouraged" :) to use Eden I don't see any such indication, in either 3D or 2D modes.

Thanks for replies. I was trying it in some sort of a mine, on Tanoa, with no buildings nearby. Good to know it works, thank you-maybe one of the addons messed it up.