Sign in to follow this  
jaynic

RHS and Zeus

Hi all,

I've noticed that when I play a zeus mission with RHS - not all of the RHS units, vehicles, groups etc. are available. 

When I'm building manual scenarios: they are all there: but in zeus there are far fewer.

Is there any way to get it all in to zeus? I'm hoping to avoid having to re-write every cfgvehicle definition just to add it to zeus...

Is there a simple procedural way to get it in there? A script perhaps to find all the entries, and manually make them available to zeus?

Thanks

JayNic

Yeah there is another way that does not need any config replacement. 

You can write a "load" display event handler that integrates the missing vehicle classes to the module tree.

The display name is defined with tvSetText and the vehicle class is stored with tvSetData.

The IDD of the curator display is 321 and the IDC of the module tree are 270 (west), 271 (east), 272 (guer).

You can look them up in "Arma 3\Curator\Addons\ui_f_curator.pbo". There is a file called defineResinclDesign.inc in the folder UI.

Yeah there is another way that does not need any config replacement. 

You can write a "load" display event handler that integrates the missing vehicle classes to the module tree.

The display name is defined with tvSetText and the vehicle class is stored with tvSetData.

The IDD of the curator display is 321 and the IDC of the module tree are 270 (west), 271 (east), 272 (guer).

You can look them up in "Arma 3\Curator\Addons\ui_f_curator.pbo". There is a file called defineResinclDesign.inc in the folder UI.

Hmm ok. So I add an event handler to the curator display to look for the various sidebars that you mentioned.

Then I need to loop through all the elements in the RHS config file (this part is new to me: I don't know how to do that) and basically find some way to check if the unit is already there, and if not: add it.

I can probably piece this together somehow, thanks.

Could you please list which RHS vehicles / units are not available in Zeus?

If they are available in Eden, they should also be available in Zeus. 

Could you please list which RHS vehicles / units are not available in Zeus?

If they are available in Eden, they should also be available in Zeus. 

I'll have a look later today - I'm in the office right now, but I will do so once I get home

Make sure your Zeus mission is using "Allow all addons (including unofficial ones)" in Zeus options.

I have some comments on my earlier post:

1) I corrected the IDD in my original post.

2) The display event handler does not work as intended when you use the script command, since it is bound to an instance and not to the class.

Hence, the event handler gets lost when the display is closed.

However, there is a work around to detect that the display was created. Check how it was done in Ares Mod: 

fn_MonitorCuratorDisplay.sqf

fn_IsZeus.sqf

fn_OnModuleTreeLoad.sqf

fn_AppendToModuleTree.sqf

Ok all - this is embarrassing... But I must have been mistaken. All RHS elements seem to be there, although I swear they weren't. I may have had some mod mucking about with it... Regardless: the information provided by oOKexOo is excellent for adding custom code injected in to the zeus interface, and people should know about it. I'll be using this myself.

It's interesting to see in there that there are methods that are removing content from the tree views. This is great for those who are playing with total conversions: and don't want to see the default Arma content - like me. (I don't like the future angles)

You may want to check Ares mod for this. You can define your own modules there:

["My Category", "My Module", { hint "Hello World!"; }] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;

You have two parameters avaiable for the code argument: _this select 0 = array (position where the module was placed) and _this select 1 = object (object that was under the cursor).

On 2016-7-21 at 2:13 PM, oOKexOo said:

You may want to check Ares mod for this. You can define your own modules there:

["My Category", "My Module", { hint "Hello World!"; }] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;

You have two parameters avaiable for the code argument: _this select 0 = array (position where the module was placed) and _this select 1 = object (object that was under the cursor).

Thanks for the heads up. Have started to utilise Ares and it seem to do the trick.