Jump to content
FruitBat

Can anyone please help me get .lip files to work?

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

 

I am really struggling to get lip sync to work. I am using the current ARMA3 tools from steam.

 

- Have tried converting .wav .ogg and .wss files with wavtolip and all result in garbled speech and no lip syncing of the audio.

 

There must be a cause\solution because the campaign uses .lip files successfully. These are files which have previously worked.

 

Example mission: SayTest

 

Please help me with some advise!!

 

Rough Knight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad I saw this.  Some Apex update must have broke this. In my mabunga mission I have tons of voice files I use say3d with but only a few had lip files.  It is these exact ones with lip files that stutter now. I never made the connection with the lip files until I read this.  My solution was to change to sayRadio, but obviously that is not ideal.   Seems like a bug.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, can confirm this. As you use lip files with say or say3d sound begins to stutter ugly. Please have a look into this BIS: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow

 

This issue has been around for over 6 months unresolved?

 

I really am continually amazed at the increasing volume of things being broken, and left broken in this game that are big pieces of quality content for certain missions that used to be accessible now gone.

 

Well, hours spent getting the SOW Dynamic Dialog to work in Arma 3 for nothing, I'm really starting to consider just going back to Oblivion editing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, special ed said:

wow

 

This issue has been around for over 6 months unresolved?

 

I really am continually amazed at the increasing volume of things being broken, and left broken in this game that are big pieces of quality content for certain missions that used to be accessible now gone.

 

Well, hours spent getting the SOW Dynamic Dialog to work in Arma 3 for nothing, I'm really starting to consider just going back to Oblivion editing.

I dare you to think that one over. The plethora of commands added to allow for more creativity since the alpha has been astounding.

There are a lot of different mission editing commands that work just fine and there are many ways to do the same exact thing.

HELL, if you don't like the solution then make up your own solution to the problem. IE if a function isn't working then write a new function that works.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Midnighters said:

I dare you to think that one over. The plethora of commands added to allow for more creativity since the alpha has been astounding.

There are a lot of different mission editing commands that work just fine and there are many ways to do the same exact thing.

HELL, if you don't like the solution then make up your own solution to the problem. IE if a function isn't working then write a new function that works.

 

 

I appreciate the input there - but that's really it for me. The last 2 missions I made dealt with issues in the game by various workaround that made things harder and more complex to implement, and furthermore the best I could do with the 'fixes' never really totally fixed the issues, they only reduced the negative effects - and anyhow I would have no idea where to start trying to figure out how to get the lip sync files both to work and not cause the voice file to run at hyper speed (apart from the fact that dealing with getting the dialog system itself running was already enough to deal with).

 

I agree that the game has had a lot of very cool commands added, but I've just brick walled one too many times into issues at this point.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, special ed said:

 

I appreciate the input there - but that's really it for me. The last 2 missions I made dealt with issues in the game by various workaround that made things harder and more complex to implement, and furthermore the best I could do with the 'fixes' never really totally fixed the issues, they only reduced the negative effects - and anyhow I would have no idea where to start trying to figure out how to get the lip sync files both to work and not cause the voice file to run at hyper speed (apart from the fact that dealing with getting the dialog system itself running was already enough to deal with).

 

I agree that the game has had a lot of very cool commands added, but I've just brick walled one too many times into issues at this point.

 

.ogg files work just as well. Say3d behaves the same way in your dialogue. Ive only ever had a few instances where i needed to use workarounds, and when workarounds are created its up to the mission designer to ensure quality when replacing initial functionality. If in fact you do not know where to start, then take the initiative to learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×