nebulazerz

Help using Custom Icons for Hold Action

E8F1DDA68766AD8635214920A853909A77DEE62EI am using hold action to make scripts for power suit abilities and I am trying to use custom icons but I cant seem to get it working for some reason. Do I need to define the icon in the description.ext?

[
/* 0 object */				player,
/* 1 action title */			"Sprint 1",
/* 2 idle icon */				"images\sprinticon.paa",
/* 3 progress icon */			"images\suiticon.png",
/* 4 condition to show */		"true",
/* 5 condition for action */		"true",
/* 6 code executed on start */		{player setAnimSpeedCoef 1.50},
/* 7 code executed per tick */		{player setAnimSpeedCoef 2},
/* 8 code executed on completion */	{player setAnimSpeedCoef 1},
/* 9 code executed on interruption */	{player setAnimSpeedCoef 1},
/* 10 arguments */			["Sprint"],
/* 11 action duration */		3,
/* 12 priority */			0,
/* 13 remove on completion */		false,
/* 14 show unconscious */		false
] call bis_fnc_holdActionAdd;

5F7E8245608C4C0342792799D476C4942BD2F66C

Maybe the icon needs to be in .paa?

Yeah, seems to be the case.  You can replace it with code and run a function to make the pic, but even than it seems to need to be PAA format.

This works fine:

/* 2 idle icon */						"sounds\symbol.paa",

yea, i just used arma tools to convert it and it works fine now, this just opened the floodgate of possibilities :D

Yeah, seems to be the case.  You can replace it with code and run a function to make the pic, but even than it seems to need to be PAA format.

This works fine:

/* 2 idle icon */						"sounds\symbol.paa",

Thanks for figuring this out...it had me stumped for a while.

What size graphics are you using for your icons? Mine all seem to show up way too big.

Thanks in advance!

Alright, seems like my ArmA was freaking out. Tried that but it was like...micro. Haha, probably because I was working on a mission the whole day. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Thanks!

Alright, seems like my ArmA was freaking out. Tried that but it was like...micro. Haha, probably because I was working on a mission the whole day. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Thanks!

This is an empty circle that you can drop in gimp and fit whatever image you want to by resizing it, gimp is free and its essentially photoshop. not sure if this will work with photoshop or not, i dont have it. 64x64 is the size of the circle, so whatever goes inside needs to be resized to smaller than that.

• Like 1

This is an empty circle that you can drop in gimp and fit whatever image you want to by resizing it, gimp is free and its essentially photoshop. not sure if this will work with photoshop or not, i dont have it. 64x64 is the size of the circle, so whatever goes inside needs to be resized to smaller than that.

Love this community, they even upload empty circles for people.  :D Thank you!

• Like 1

I've created a dog Paw icon for JBOY dog to float over him to help find him when you lose sight of dog in jungle (using drawIcon3d).  In gimp, I started with the 64X64 .xcf file posted by @nebulazerz above.  Added my paw image.  Exported to png, and used  Texview to convert png to paa.

Problem:  The paa image is invisible, so I don't see the icon.  I guess the resulting texture is completely transparent.  I know this is so because if I setObjectTexture on player using my new paa texture, player becomes invisible.

Update:  Before saving in PAA format in Texview, I changed the first dropdown parameter from RGBA to Alpha.  This resulted in a PAA texture that works for setObjectTexture on player (turned player unifor black).  But whe used with drawIcon3D, I do not see an icon.  Why?

If I export from gimp to .jpg, I do see my Paw image when opening the jpg.  What am I doing wrong?