Sign in to follow this  
karbiner

Bad version 71 in p3d file

Ive read in the latest techrep that there is now support for type 71 p3d's but I couldn't find anywhere what this exactly means.

Anyway when I now want to fire up buldozer I get an errorscreen saying "Bad version 71 in p3d file 'a3\plants_f\tree\pinuss2s_b_f.p3d"

Aand when I hide the trees I get the same error but then for the buildings that are on the map.

Do I have to reload the libaries or might this be config related somehow?

Thanks in advance

Verify your tools in steam, mine had files that didnt download on update.

Ok now it starts but I get a config error but thats fine, thanks for the help

Yes, you should just have to relink the P drive in terrain builder manually, its in preferences.

That fixed that problem but now it starts whining about type 71 p3d's again...

EDIT: It might have something to do with stuck objects, but even when I use the unstuck option I can't always select them...

Like they show on the map right untill the point I zoom in on them, then they dissapear..

Verify Tools > Use Work Drive to decompile all of Arma 3 into P Drive again (Back up your work just in case, it should be okay though) > Relink Terrain Builder to Buldozer manually.

I'am pretty sure it has something to do with the objects. Ive re extracted the game data already, reinstalled buldozer and its config. When I start buldozer with all the objects hidden it will start normally.

Reloading the object libaries didn't work either. Maybe something rings a bell when I say I used xcam for all the placed objects?

It doesnt matter what you place objects with, all that does is give positions and class names, updating your tools completely should fix it.

Can you be more specific? because as far as I know I have done all that you said but it doesn't work so either it realy doesn't work or I'm doing something different than u suggest..

EDIT: If you want you can add me on steam so we might work something out via teamviewer or something, I have TS3 server aswell.

My steam is just "karbiner" with a picture of senior joffrey

u need the latest pbo project tools

And then re extract all the files to the P drive?

And then re extract all the files to the P drive?

do both. delete the whole a3 folder in P:\ first, then re extract. You can use the arma tools to do that now, you don't have to use arma3p

I used arma tools first, didnt work. I updated all mikero tools and used arma3p, and now there is files missing on my P drive and I have no clue how to get those back (tobieyex or something and the steamappid map are gone along with other DLL files)

EDIT: Found the files, copied them back where they belong, reinstalled buldozer on the right path and now buldozer starts and loads all objects! :)

you are supposed to use the arma3.exe directly in the arma3 directory and the files provided by arma3p are what you should have in your p drive, no dlls no steamappid or anything else

Well both object builder and terrainbuilder are linked to the arma3.exe and yet it complained about not having the steamappid when launching TB.. And all works as it should now..