Sign in to follow this  
Oric-1

A way to differentiate between openable and unopenable doors

It would be nice to be able to tell if a door is openable or not without having to run up to it to check. Maybe have unopenable doors have a metal security gate, a screen door, or just be barred up with wood.

I understand the buildings have been made to look more aesthetically pleasing for the life crowd, but it is annoying trying to open a door only to find it's locked and impervious to bullets and explosives (or a good kick).

life crowd? this is arma bro no love for them... but anyway you will just have to remember each structure and remember if its open or closed... i know a sure way to tell if a building is openable or closed... if the windows are just a texture then the building or at least that side of it is closed, if you can look into a room then its open. 

I handy hint (but not always 100% accurate of the time) is that the un-openable doors do not have door handles modeled.

Realistically speaking, you wouldn't know if a door can be opened or not until you go and check either.

• Like 3

Thanks, will look more closely at the building details and windows next time I play. And play more like a stormtrooper in star wars 'this door's locked move on to the next one'.

Realistically speaking, you wouldn't know if a door can be opened or not until you go and check either.

Thank you.

However IRL there are no doors you couldn't open provided sufficient effort :)

• Like 3

However IRL there are no doors you couldn't open provided sufficient effort :)

Thank you :)