Titi

Dynamic Sound AI - RUG DSAI A3

Hey,

I have this one issue with the mod and I would appreciate if someone could help me out here. I have made init.sqf file where I've pasted following lines:

// legend ==> [EAST, WEST, RESISTANCE, CIVILIAN, SIDEENEMY]
RUG_DSAI_SIDES = ["RUG_DSAIGER","RUG_DSAIENG","RUG_DSAIENG","RUG_DSAIGER","RUG_DSAIGER"];

However, I can't hear any of the sounds when playing in multiplayer. Singleplayer / editor works perfectly tho. I have exported missions to multiplayer and also have made missions completely under multiplayer folder but nothing seems to work. Every single mission has the init.sqf in them. 

It seems to me that it is only me who is having this issue as all the other players who are joining the session are able to hear sounds from the mod when running in multiplayer but I just can't. I am also the one who is hosting the server which might be part of the issue dunno? 

Mod is also in correct @folder. 

Thanks for the help. 

J

It runs in SP Mode if:
1. Playing SP
2. Playing MP as a Client
3. Playing MP as a ServerClient

It runs in MP Synchronized mode if:
1. Dedicated Server and Clients are both running RUG_DSAI,  don't forget serverkey

19 minutes ago, Titi said:

It runs in SP Mode if:
1. Playing SP
2. Playing MP as a Client
3. Playing MP as a ServerClient

It runs in MP Synchronized mode if:
1. Dedicated Server and Clients are both running RUG_DSAI,  don't forget serverkey

Thanks for the quick answer. Could you clarify what do you mean by:

1. ServerClient. Am I running as a serverclient as I am the one who is hosting game sessions and we are using my pc as a server? 

2. Serverkey and where should I put it or should I leave it in the addons folder? 

I'm a total retard and noob when it comes to these kind of things so therefore any help regarding this issue would be appreciated.. 

18 minutes ago, Jacali said:

Thanks for the quick answer. Could you clarify what do you mean by:

1. ServerClient. Am I running as a serverclient as I am the one who is hosting game sessions and we are using my pc as a server? 

2. Serverkey and where should I put it or should I leave it in the addons folder? 

I'm a total retard and noob when it comes to these kind of things so therefore any help regarding this issue would be appreciated.. 

I never tested this addon in Headless client either

I'm not familiar at all with client server because there are always some weird issues with scripts.

I using a simulated dedicated server launched on my pc with TADST or arma3launcher on host mode

You have to put all your needed serverkeys into the keys' folder on your arma3 root (steam\steamapps\common\arma 3\keys)

• Like 1

i dont hear anything at all, idk if it is from an update in the game that broke it

I just tested it for you with actual update and it works well.

I suggest you to check your ingame sounds parameters

I can't hear anything else than the vanilla sounds. I really tried everything, edited init.sqf from a mission, checked audio config, etc, etc. The mod is properly installed. As I understand the mod works out of the box on SP missions, even without editing the init files from missions, right? It will use default settings though, but it should work. I cannot get it to be functional. Dunno why. The Unsung mod uses this mod's basic version, right? That one works fine. But this one is a mystery to me. I'm sorry. Any idea?

A3 is now at V1.80, CBA got some updates.. But actually I never got it to work, also with the prior versions of A3.. The mod is definately loaded.

9 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

I can't hear anything else than the vanilla sounds. I really tried everything, edited init.sqf from a mission, checked audio config, etc, etc. The mod is properly installed. As I understand the mod works out of the box on SP missions, even without editing the init files from missions, right? It will use default settings though, but it should work. I cannot get it to be functional. Dunno why. The Unsung mod uses this mod's basic version, right? That one works fine. But this one is a mystery to me. I'm sorry. Any idea?

A3 is now at V1.80, CBA got some updates.. But actually I never got it to work, also with the prior versions of A3.. The mod is definately loaded.

Works in SP/MP don't know how it works in headless and hosted

1- load CBA

2- load Rug_dsai

3- start game 3D editor

4- edit each init.sqf of missions you wanna play with the rug_dsai command line loaded with required langages as exemples below

RUG_DSAI_SIDES = ["RUG_DSAIGER","RUG_DSAIENG","RUG_DSAIENG","RUG_DSAIGER","RUG_DSAIGER"];

// exemple 2
RUG_DSAI_SIDES = ["RUG_DSAIENG","RUG_DSAIRUS","RUG_DSAIRUS","RUG_DSAIRUS","RUG_DSAIRUS"];

// exemple 3
RUG_DSAI_SIDES = ["RUG_DSAIENG","RUG_DSAIGER","RUG_DSAIRUS","RUG_DSAIRUS","RUG_DSAIGER"];

5- Optional: stop vanilla voices with this command in init.sqf:

Enablesentences false;

6- start mission in 3D editor, after a couple of seconds voices start (some languages are combat oriented and mainly heard underfire)

7- check client rpt

If in your client rpt you find this messages as below that means the command line is missing from init.sqf (or mission still not finished to load when mod has started) and then any sounds can be heard

"[RUG_DSAI] Status... Sides: [""UNDEFINED"",""UNDEFINED"",""UNDEFINED"",""UNDEFINED"",""UNDEFINED""] / TerminalDistance: 220 / CycleTime: 12 / Debug: false"
"[RUG_DSAI] Failed missing defined languages"

If you get only these messages as above the mod has failed to run (mainly because init.sqf has not been filled correctly) but at the end if you encounter this one as below all is fine

"[RUG_DSAI] Status... Sides: [""RUG_DSAIGER"",""RUG_DSAIENG"",""RUG_DSAIENG"",""RUG_DSAIGER"",""RUG_DSAIGER""] / TerminalDistance: 220 / CycleTime: 12 / Debug: false"

Tested today with arma 1.80 and CBA 3.5.0

Je confirme ITS WORK. :don15: j-ai peiner un peu au debut , mais effectivement ca fonctionne. It is working ... my ini line was not good.

1 hour ago, ppavia said:

Je confirme ITS WORK. :don15: j-ai peiner un peu au debut , mais effectivement ca fonctionne. It is working ... my ini line was not good.

Ah bah déjà çà fonctionne avec toi lol, c'est pas très compliqué en soi tu vois

Already one young padawan converted to dark force !

hahah, ben ca fais un bail que je bidouille ... depuis Flashpoint. Mais j-explose toutes les missions et je m-amuse a faire un patchwork lol... de quoi devenir fou. Mais ton script change vraiment l-ambiance bravo et merci. D_ailleur j-ai des Kilos d-idee mais pas le savoir fair ... sniff

8 hours ago, Titi said:

Works in SP/MP don't know how it works in headless and hosted

1- load CBA

2- load Rug_dsai

3- start game 3D editor

4- edit each init.sqf of missions you wanna play with the rug_dsai command line loaded with required langages as exemples below

// exemple 2
RUG_DSAI_SIDES = ["RUG_DSAIENG","RUG_DSAIRUS","RUG_DSAIRUS","RUG_DSAIRUS","RUG_DSAIRUS"];

// exemple 3
RUG_DSAI_SIDES = ["RUG_DSAIENG","RUG_DSAIGER","RUG_DSAIRUS","RUG_DSAIRUS","RUG_DSAIGER"];

5- Optional: stop vanilla voices with this command in init.sqf:

Enablesentences false;

6- start mission in 3D editor, after a couple of seconds voices start (some languages are combat oriented and mainly heard underfire)

7- check client rpt

If in your client rpt you find this messages as below that means the command line is missing from init.sqf (or mission still not finished to load when mod has started) and then any sounds can be heard

"[RUG_DSAI] Status... Sides: [""UNDEFINED"",""UNDEFINED"",""UNDEFINED"",""UNDEFINED"",""UNDEFINED""] / TerminalDistance: 220 / CycleTime: 12 / Debug: false"
"[RUG_DSAI] Failed missing defined languages"

If you get only these messages as above the mod has failed to run (mainly because init.sqf has not been filled correctly) but at the end if you encounter this one as below all is fine

"[RUG_DSAI] Status... Sides: [""RUG_DSAIGER"",""RUG_DSAIENG"",""RUG_DSAIENG"",""RUG_DSAIGER"",""RUG_DSAIGER""] / TerminalDistance: 220 / CycleTime: 12 / Debug: false"

Tested today with arma 1.80 and CBA 3.5.0

Thank you! Actually I've tried all of that already.. I really don't have any clue what's going on. I'm curious - do I have to insert these lines always in every mission's init.sqf (or .sqs when used) ? The description says, installing and loading the necessary modules including language packs provided by the mod is enough to make it work with default settings.. or not? I will check the logs again and report back..Is there a possibility of conflicting mods? Do you know about any mod which is incompatible maybe?

Edit: Well, this is in my init.sqf:

//legend ==> [EAST, WEST, RESISTANCE, CIVILIAN, SIDEENEMY]
	RUG_DSAI_SIDES = ["RUG_DSAIARAB","RUG_DSAIENG","RUG_DSAIARAB","RUG_DSAIARAB","RUG_DSAIARAB"];

and though this is in the log:

14:48:19 [6294,350.284,0,"XEH: PostInit started. MISSIONINIT: missionName=OPEX, missionVersion=53, worldName=kunduz, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false, CBA_isHeadlessClient=false, hasInterface=true, didJIP=false"]
14:48:19 [6294,350.342,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=3.5.0.171204, "]
14:48:19 "[RUG_DSAI] Status... Sides: [""UNDEFINED"",""UNDEFINED"",""UNDEFINED"",""UNDEFINED"",""UNDEFINED""] / TerminalDistance: 220 / CycleTime: 12 / Debug: false"
14:48:19 "[RUG_DSAI] Failed missing defined languages"
14:48:19 [6294,350.353,0,"XEH: PostInit finished."]

I really don't know what's wrong. Maybe the init line is placed at the wrong position? I placed it below the main initialization lines from other scripts and mods. Already tried it being placed more top of it, didn't help.

EDIT: I just checked the scripts from RUG_DSAI. I really don't understand why it's not working! The implemented debug feature doesn't track the functionality. And that's also not necessary as the script is very clear. The line that defines an array including the configured sides (east, west, etc,...) in case there's no variable set in the mission init should actually work without a problem. It pulls the current cfg from the mission/game and should define working variables.

I also checked for Steam file errors without finding any issues... Just ????????????????????????????? lol

The only thing I'm little curious about is that in the DSAI_Init.sqf the "RUG_DSAI_Sides" variable name is written partially in small letters. But I don't think that's related to case sensitive, right? As I know it doesn't matter if I write it "RUG_DSAI_SIDES" or "RUG_DSAI_Sides", doesn't it?

But what is that:

if (isNil "RUG_DSAI_Sides") then {RUG_DSAI_Sides = getArray (_confMain >> "Default" >> "Sides")};

I'm talking about the variable "_confMain".

I know it's actually meant to get nformations from "Configfile", like here:

_confMain = (configFile >> "RUG_DSAI");
 if (isNil "RUG_DSAI_Sides") then {RUG_DSAI_Sides = getArray (_confMain >> "Default" >> "Sides")};

So shouldn't there be sides defined in the config.bin? Inside it I could find:

Sides = {"UNDEFINED", "UNDEFINED", "UNDEFINED", "UNDEFINED", "UNDEFINED"};

I think that's handled by the ASIDES array found in the DSAI_Init:

// In init file:
RUG_DSAI_ASIDES = [EAST, WEST, RESISTANCE, CIVILIAN, SIDEENEMY];

// In DSAI_fSetLang:
_side = _this select 0;
_s = RUG_DSAI_ASIDES find _side;

Ok, it seems everything is very well here! Sorry for cutting down your mod, I just cannot explain what's not working here... Also my skills need some refreshing :)

But I also found several people with the same problem. There must be something in the game itself. If the uploaded verison (i.e. on Armaholic) would include sth like a typo, others uers would also report about the mod not working I guess.. I reached the end of my knowledge. 

And btw: I didn't change anything inside the mod, just opened it for checking. Just saying.

5 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

Thank you! Actually I've tried all of that already.. I really don't have any clue what's going on. I'm curious - do I have to insert these lines always in every mission's init.sqf (or .sqs when used) ? The description says, installing and loading the necessary modules including language packs provided by the mod is enough to make it work with default settings.. or not? I will check the logs again and report back..Is there a possibility of conflicting mods? Do you know about any mod which is incompatible maybe?

Edit: Well, this is in my init.sqf:

//legend ==> [EAST, WEST, RESISTANCE, CIVILIAN, SIDEENEMY]
	RUG_DSAI_SIDES = ["RUG_DSAIARAB","RUG_DSAIENG","RUG_DSAIARAB","RUG_DSAIARAB","RUG_DSAIARAB"];

and though this is in the log:

14:48:19 [6294,350.284,0,"XEH: PostInit started. MISSIONINIT: missionName=OPEX, missionVersion=53, worldName=kunduz, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false, CBA_isHeadlessClient=false, hasInterface=true, didJIP=false"]
14:48:19 [6294,350.342,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=3.5.0.171204, "]
14:48:19 "[RUG_DSAI] Status... Sides: [""UNDEFINED"",""UNDEFINED"",""UNDEFINED"",""UNDEFINED"",""UNDEFINED""] / TerminalDistance: 220 / CycleTime: 12 / Debug: false"
14:48:19 "[RUG_DSAI] Failed missing defined languages"
14:48:19 [6294,350.353,0,"XEH: PostInit finished."]

I really don't know what's wrong. Maybe the init line is placed at the wrong position? I placed it below the main initialization lines from other scripts and mods. Already tried it being placed more top of it, didn't help.

- Works for me with your command and languages set

- Yes you have to insert these lines in every mission's init.sqf or sqs and can let them without any issue even the mod is off

- Don't know any issue about incompatibility with other mods

May be there is a mistake in your init.sqf above this line like a missing semicolon that could stop all lines after...

Try to make a test with a light demo mission to see if there is an issue with another mod or something else

Show me your init.sqf in MP if you want

This command

waitUntil {!isNil "BIS_fnc_init"};

written before Rug_dsai command line break it

On 25/01/2018 at 10:17 AM, Adam Kadmon said:

Any chance you could put this mod on the workshop?

Done

On 1/30/2018 at 12:20 PM, Titi said:

Done

Un grand merci.

D'ailleurs... Is there any way to get this mod to auto-initialise?

Instead of manually adding the module via the mission editor...

49 minutes ago, domokun said:

Un grand merci.

D'ailleurs... Is there any way to get this mod to auto-initialise?

Instead of manually adding the module via the mission editor...

you mean to start mod without the command line in init.sqf ?

- It would imply languages should be always the same for any faction of any mod on any maps.

- Could be possible if there is a way to determine precisely what language each faction is speaking and what side is allocated.

At start I just wanted to clean up and make this mod working again. I'm not very involved on Arma for a while but if someone has time and skill to do it. Let me know ;)

I have found a way to make this mod work in MP (ServerClient tested). Create a game logic somewhere in your scenario and put in it's init field the array: 

with whatever language you want.

The reason: MP missions loads the init.sqf file in the end of the mission initialization order. The mod functions loads during the modules initialization task, so when the mod initializes, the RUG_DSAI_SIDES where not defined yet, breaking the mod. Objects init initializes before the module tasks, defining the variables. More explanation here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Initialization_Order

On 17/03/2018 at 11:49 AM, Alex840 said:

I have found a way to make this mod work in MP (ServerClient tested). Create a game logic somewhere in your scenario and put in it's init field the array: 

with whatever language you want.

The reason: MP missions loads the init.sqf file in the end of the mission initialization order. The mod functions loads during the modules initialization task, so when the mod initializes, the RUG_DSAI_SIDES where not defined yet, breaking the mod. Objects init initializes before the module tasks, defining the variables. More explanation here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Initialization_Order

Thanks a lot Alex840 for the help

I loved this mod in Arma 2. [mention=771130]Titi[/mention] any chance for a PBO version like the one from Arma 2? We play on a dedicated server with so many missions so we don’t have the ability to modify all of them.

• Like 1

This mod works exactly like in Arma 2 with signed pbos to match with dedicated server.

Almost like in A2 because in A2 MP you add mod to server side and clients use same .pbo's and everything is ok but in A3 without this part:

To select voices that must to be played in game (or else anything will be heard), create a game logic somewhere in your scenario (thanks to Alex840 for MP issue) and put in its init field the array

mod don't work in MP.

Just tested twice with both TADST and Arma3 hosted server on Internet with success

Rug dsai client mod running, cba for both (client/server) and rug dsai serverkey (like it worked on Arma 2)