krycek

Turkey Coup D'Etat

All this is strange. This morning Kerry in Moscow held talks with Putin for 8 hours, then terrorist attack in France, after the military coup in Turkey ..

I'm curious to know how much of the military is backing this, and if the top brass are involved 

I doubt that the top brass are involved. Erdogan has made sure that those are handpicked. This most likely originates from a bit lower in the chain of command.

The military in Turkey has always been tasked with protecting the democracy and secularity of the country. IMHO thats what they are doing right now.

• Like 7

I'm curious to know how much of the military is backing this, and if the top brass are involved 

Was thinking exactly the same,if most of the military is backing this or it's only a few rogue generals considering that in 2012 Erdogan threw more than 300 military officers in jail for plotting.

Hmm an EU source says it's a well orchestrated coup so it looks like a substantial part of the army is participating.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-security-eu-idUSKCN0ZV2NE

I doubt that the top brass are involved. Erdogan has made sure that those are handpicked. This most likely originates from a bit lower in the chain of command.

The military in Turkey has always been tasked with protecting the democracy and secularity of the country. IMHO thats what they are doing right now.

Most probably, avoiding the Muslim brothers to turn Turkey into an Islamist republic.

• Like 1

If they are Kemalists I hope they succeed.

Most probably, avoiding the Muslim brothers to turn Turkey into an Islamist republic.

Rumors going around that the military is trying to kick the Muslim Brotherhood out of their country/government.

UPDATE: "NATO officials say that the military's Coup d'etat in Ankara has been successful"

Seems that Turkish militarymen are totally tired of casualties and other fecies happened in their country after Erdogan's try to intervene in Syria and bully with Russia. The result of Erdogan's policy is new guerilla war in the east of the country with large casualties among servicemen and civilians, large economic losses in tourism and other branches connected with it and reputation of the country as ISIS and other 'freedom fighters' safe heaven.

• Like 3

ErdoGone ?

Too Soonâ„¢

lol

EU source says Turkey coup bid looks substantial, 'not just a few colonels' (REUTERS)

A coup attempt in Turkey involves a substantial part of the military and "not just a few colonels",

a European Union source monitoring events in the EU candidate country said on Friday.

"They’ve got control of the airports and are expecting control over the TV station imminently," the source said, shortly before state television TRT broadcast a military declaration of martial law.

"They control several strategic points in Istanbul. Given the scale of the operation, it is difficult to imagine they will stop short of prevailing," the source said.

Another European diplomat said he was attending a dinner with the Turkish ambassador in a European capital when they were interrupted by messages on their mobile phones.

"This is clearly not some tinpot little coup. The Turkish ambassador was clearly shocked and is taking it very seriously," the diplomat told Reuters as the dinner party broke up.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-security-eu-idUSKCN0ZV2NE

• Like 1

The Globalists must be shitting their pants right now.

• Like 1

Wow, I'm a bit confused. I mean we're talking about a NATO member here. That's a bit. I strongly wish this won't turn into another civil war. That's really the last thing the Middle East needs right now.

By the way, some of the German media reports Erdogan's actually fleeing from the country and should be on the way to Germany. To request asylum. Not sure if that is actually true or just really good satire. In case of the former, this wannabe dictator can fuck right off if you ask me.

It seems there are firefights between the Army and the police which is still faithful to Erdogan.

• Like 1

Reports of gunfire in Istanbul and Ankara. The military is disarming the police.

Good luck if Erdogan seeks Asylum in Germany. After the stupid shit he pulled here....

If Merkel would accept this, she would have to resign immediatelly.

• Like 1

Reports of gunfire in Istanbul and Ankara. The military is disarming the police.

Good luck if Erdogan seeks Asylum in Germany. After the stupid shit he pulled here....

If Merkel would accept this, she would have to resign immediatelly.

Most dictators flee to Russia. Guess that's not going to be an option :D. Realistically the way he has been playing then Qatar would be his best bet. The MB is big there and they have been cooperating in Syria.

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out on top though. He controls the religious faction and they dominate large parts of the countryside.

Meanwhile in Europe people who have been born here and who's families have lived here for decades and have everything to thank us for are rallying behind "our president" to defend "our country" because "really we will always be Turkish" :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Wow, I'm a bit confused. I mean we're talking about a NATO member here. That's a bit. I strongly wish this won't turn into another civil war. That's really the last thing the Middle East needs right now.

By the way, some of the German media reports Erdogan's actually fleeing from the country and should be on the way to Germany. To request asylum. Not sure if that is actually true or just really good satire. In case of the former, this wannabe dictator can fuck right off if you ask me.

NATO pawn

• Like 1

NATO pawn

A pawn who won't listen, won't adapt to common values and picks fights with everyone against the wishes of it's master when it feels like it.

What a pawn indeed ...