Sign in to follow this  
the ant

Not Too Sure How to Accomplish One Specific Task in Eden Editor

Greetings, I sincerely hope I'm posting this in the right place. I've been having a single problem in Eden editor lately that's stopped up my entire mission making process. I don't know if it's a bug or if I'm just not doing something right but here it is:

I place down a motorized squad in the editor (IE there is a truck with a driver as a part of the squad) and when I drag the rest of the squad into the truck to make it start off full of soldiers, the truck doesn't follow the waypoints the squad lead orders us to. I go to test the mission and the squad leader tells us where to go but the private driving the truck (or tank, apc, etc I've tried it with a lot of vehicles) doesn't go anywhere. Is there something I need to do to fix this? I'm not too incredibly familiar with Eden Editor's quirks just yet so I apologize if it's a really nooby question with an obvious answer but I need to know how to make units start off inside a vehicle that isn't the squad leader and then get the vehicle to actually move somewhere.

I also apologize if this has been brought up before or is well known/documented. I did a few different searches looking for this type of problem and the only thing that I could ever get to come up was "how to make AI stand still" which is the exact opposite of what I'm wanting to do here.

Any and all help is appreciated. :)

Regards,

-Ant

{_x assignAsCargo vehicle this} forEach (units group this); this assignAsDriver vehicle this;

Try putting this in the init line of the driver.

{_x assignAsCargo vehicle this} forEach (units group this); this assignAsDriver vehicle this;

Try putting this in the init line of the driver.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate the suggestion. However I did just what you said, exactly as you said it and the issue still exists. Afterwards, I tried putting the command on the truck itself and the leader ordered everyone out of the truck and back in (which defeats the purpose of making them start in the truck in the first place as I'm sure you already know). Weird that this issue still exists this long after the release of Eden Editor.

Any other suggestions though?

Maybe make the commander of the vehicle the squad leader.
That's probably the problem.

hello ant

simply drag the squad leader into the vehicle first if the vehicle does not have a commander seat. if the vehicle has commander seat drag another unit in first and then the squad leader in the commander seat.