Buldozer Tools

by Lappihuan

This is a successor to the Improved editor.sqs

I’m pretty sure most of you know the following scenarios:

“You work for several hours in Buldozer, the rain that is dropping since the last 20 mins is already annoying but the productivity and creativity is on fire. It keeps getting darker and darker and you think that it’s time to restart buldozer but you quickly want to finish the composition you are working on.
BOOM! Out of nowhere TB crashes and your adrenalin rushes through the whole body, you didn’t save the project for the last 4 hours!!!â€
Result: things like this can throw your motivation off for several weeks.

“While working on a town, you feel like there is a road missing or would like to move an existing one to fit your object placement better.â€
Result: you need to restart Buldozer every time you change your roads.shp which is a waste of time!

“Players report that AI can’t properly use the awesome bridge you placed on the map, and you can’t figure out why they won’t use it.â€
Result: you spent many hours to tweak the road and bridge model with a eventual success or use a hacky solution like place an invisible road below the bridge.

I hope to eliminate or at least reduce most of the above issues with the Buldozer Tools.

Features:

• Reload roads

Default key “1â€

• Reset weather and time

Default key “2â€

• Toggle road diagnostic

Default key “3â€

Be aware, it can cause Buldozer to crash!

• Debug

Default key “4â€

execute the debug.sqf while buldozer is running (helps R&D)

• NVG and IR mode

Default key “Nâ€

• Help Dialog

Default key “0â€

• Save notification

Customaisable time in userconfig.sqf

While the list is still quite small, I feel like it already has a big impact on the workflow in Buldozer.

Installation

For the sake of easiness I provide a scripts folder with everything needed in there.
Drop the script folder into your P drive so it has the structure: P:\scripts\initBuldozer.sqf
You can customize everything in there, but the config.sqf is the most important part for you.
If something is unclear / could be made easier, let me know.

IMPORTANT: delete or rename your current editor.sqs, so it won't conflict with this.

Download Link

Feel free to contact me on Skype/discord or here about suggestions, bugs or whatever.

I hope you guys enjoy!

Thanks to Pennyworth for the help!

• Like 10

Oh wow this sounds incredibly useful, good job, ill give it a try soon and ill let you know how it goes

doesnt seem to work here, changed roads path and loaded it up, no roads  showing :(

can you check the rpt for the entry:

Buldozer Tools: initialized with roadpath: <yourroadpath>

there is no entry like that, ive deleted rpt and restarted TB then fired up Buldozer no roads, I put back my original working scripts folder and roads return. My roadpath was copied from my working editor.sqs file 

roadpath = "P:/longbeach/data/roads/";

hmm, if the entry above is not in the rpt then the initBuldozer.sqf is not executed.
could you paste your path to the initBuldozer.sqf?

i just grabbed your scripts folder renamed my old scripts folder to scriptsold then dropped yours into P drive root, changed the roadspath to above then ran buldozer

all working now, updated my buldozer exe :)

ok so tried using it, i move a road point in TB then hit 1 to reload the updated road postion in buldozer, nothing changes? I'm getting the help menu but nothing else seems to be working, I'll keep trying

yea, support for the initBuldozer.sqf was just added with the last update. (thanks to tom!)

Did you reexport the .shp?

works really well thanks guys great tool!!!

Is there anyway it could be setup to loads different roads, if your working on another map? It's always been a pain having to re edit the script file every time.

Sadly I didn't find a way to automaticly find out which project is loaded, so what i think could be a solution for the future, is a dialog that lets you choos between your projects once buldozer loaded up.
This means you would need to add or remove projects from the Buldozer Tools config but that shouldn't happen every other day.  ;)

Updated OP

Version 0.2 can be downloaded from the Link in the OP and is now part of arma3p.

- fixed some small bugs

- added IR and NVG mode

• Like 3

This is awesome Lappi, the time it saves, so cool, many thanks for the share :D

• Like 1