vme_cycle6

From China Virtual Military Engineers: VME PLA mod for ArmA3

21 hours ago, Dedmen said:

No you don't. That is magazine proxies, a completely different system. If you want to use MagazineWells you don't need to do anything model related.

I know how excatly it works I have made a mod use this system and i what i mean no matter how you want it on ever guns, you need tweak the models, aLL VME gun models have mag models all attach to them and without proxies, if want to made them compatibliity with magwell ever gun model need to deletel the existing mags parts (selections in OB) on ever gun model and add proxies. I made my mods using magwell cuz i only have around 7-8 models need to be tweak and could be finished by myself, also my mod only have guns, no vehicle on unit etc, and still took me like 2 months to finish, and this is the time without the debug time included. So if VME want to change to magwell, you need to change like 25-40 models, and make sure none of them was fucked up in this progress, and the matter of fact, it always fucked up and leave a huge mess to fix, thx to the nature of the Arma tools been one of the most unreliable and no user friendly tools existing in modding world. Plus, VME is not only a mod about guns, this mod is still developing and pookie and kickass said hundred times there are still a lot of issue need to be fixed and a lot of WIP stuffs need to be done, at current stage, none of the misc things like magwell compatibility nor front grip coimaptibility is necessary for this mod, these misc things at this stage would only add extra risk and burden to the DEV team.

2 hours ago, Reptilienski said:

I know how excatly it works

Sorry but doesn't sound like it.

what i mean no matter how you want it on ever guns, you need tweak the models

No, not for MagazineWells.

if want to made them compatibliity with magwell ever gun model need to deletel the existing mags parts (selections in OB) on ever gun model and add proxies.

No you don't need to do that. If you don't, then it will just always show the magazine that came with the gun, it will look wrong but work perfectly fine.

The magazines showing up is called "Magazine Proxies" and is a COMPLETELY different system from "Magazine Wells" which takes care of magazine compatibility.

So if VME want to change to magwell, you need to change like 25-40 models

No you don't.

On 11/5/2019 at 3:32 AM, Reptilienski said:

So an wired issue with QLU-11 35mm mags, mags can be found in BIS arsenal, but can not be found in ACE3's arsenal

ACE might have slightly different validation of valid magazines, do the magazines show up in the "all magazines" list?

Also the classnames might be case-sensitive in ACE Arsenal, does their case in the "magazines" array match the case in their classname in CfgMagazines?

Here is the ACE function scanning the config.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/arsenal/functions/fnc_scanConfig.sqf

I don't understand what "CBA magwell functionality" even means.  I can't find any definitive reference on the web as to its specific behavior.

That being said, since the Chinese PLA weapons use a proprietary magazine and ammunition arrangement that is unique, there is no "cross compatibility" with any other mod, addon or other asset that must be added.

And if I understand the CBA functionality to be along the same lines as the BIS cfgMagwell-thingy, then modification to the weapon models would be required, as is done for the flashlight and under-barrel attachment points.

Seems like there is no need for anything but without more information it is impossible to make a complete assessment.  Expect the weapons and magazines to remain as-is for the forseeable future.

12 hours ago, hcpookie said:

I don't understand what "CBA magwell functionality" even means.  I can't find any definitive reference on the web as to its specific behavior.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Weapon_Config_Guidelines#Magazine_compatibility_groups

CBA just has a standardized set of magazinewells which can be used. Because if every modder makes his own, we still don't have inter-mod compatibility.

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/tree/master/addons/jam

And if I understand the CBA functionality to be along the same lines as the BIS cfgMagwell-thingy

It is.

then modification to the weapon models would be required

No it isn't. Magazine wells is literally 100% model unrelated. I don't understand why everyone says that model changes are required.

Thanks, that's the link I found too.  I don't see any CBA-specific references however this answers my question:

It's possible to add new entries by 3rd party modifications

I will repeat here that this is not necessary and won't be added.  Also, if there are any magazines missing from a specific weapon, I'll definitely look into it.

On 11/6/2019 at 4:46 AM, Dedmen said:

No you don't. That is magazine proxies, a completely different system. If you want to use MagazineWells you don't need to do anything model related.

Thanks for explaining it to him, I couldn't have put it better. 

Hello, amazing job so far, just wanted to ask if in future updates the DF-21 missile might be added, for targeting ships from a long range. Thanks

Would be neat if we could get the new QBZ-191 and JH16-1

Here's some references

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

QBZ 191

drawing-jpg.54529

48860551838_c8ed2bbe04_o.jpg

640?wx_fmt=jpeg&tp=webp&wxfrom=5&wx_lazy

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BJC16

70008012_388232655419266_473821083619079

72650702_2415024512149975_74147548198807

73527648_681306885695750_117327268656970

• Like 1

On 2019/12/6 at PM9点30分, DaWeiShen said:

如果我们能得到新的QBZ-191和JH16-1,那将很整齐

这是一些参考

Where did you find these?

On 12/8/2019 at 11:45 AM, CloudMelan said:

Where did you find these?

Gramho #ChinaNavy

Sinodefence Forum

p1732471_main.jpg

49211383918_dcf0e375a4_o.jpg

Image of QBZ191 in action

I cannot figure out the anti-ship missiles on the type 22 ship.   They won't lock onto anything, and they do not go very far.  Sometimes they release backwards.  Am I missing something or are they bugged???  Love the mod thanks for everything!!!

Hello, could we expect a static aircraft carrier anytime soon? It would complement the naval force

On 11/7/2019 at 5:00 PM, Dedmen said:

Sorry but doesn't sound like it.

No, not for MagazineWells.

No you don't need to do that. If you don't, then it will just always show the magazine that came with the gun, it will look wrong but work perfectly fine.

The magazines showing up is called "Magazine Proxies" and is a COMPLETELY different system from "Magazine Wells" which takes care of magazine compatibility.

No you don't.

ACE might have slightly different validation of valid magazines, do the magazines show up in the "all magazines" list?

Also the classnames might be case-sensitive in ACE Arsenal, does their case in the "magazines" array match the case in their classname in CfgMagazines?

Here is the ACE function scanning the config.

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/arsenal/functions/fnc_scanConfig.sqf

This is not my point, plz refer to hcpookie's reply about “this is not necessary and won't be added.”, this is the reason why no one in VME want to added this function to thw QBZ95 models.

Besides, you can not judged people by what he replied and simply deny it, the fact is that I have close contact with some of VME projects funders include kickass, even before hcpookie took charge into this project, and I was the original person who suggested to add this magezine compatinility group(Aka cfgmagzinewells) function at first place.

I suggested this because I have been wokring on my own weapon mods since this cfgmagezinewell fucntion coming out with 1.80 update both with Kickass himself and Jason (Russian Alpha AK mod author), we do not usually use BI forum or steam for communtication cuz we perfer the moblie social apps in our own country as a platform for modding, that why for you and most dudes on this forum I looks like a fresh guy cuz yes I am fresh in this community but not that fresh in modding.

The point is, since I am the one who suggested this function at first and was rejected by Kickass, and he also explain me the reason, I konw excatly why this is not necessary, and I have years of modding experience in the same area as you, I m not here to learn or argue with you, just explain the fact and reason why VME would not have the plan for CfgMagazinewell for now.

PS. Everyone here would be grateful for all you effect on help people on this forum(include me)so you do not need to reply ever question for the original author or the modding team.

On 11/9/2019 at 11:51 PM, hcpookie said:

Thanks, that's the link I found too.  I don't see any CBA-specific references however this answers my question:

I will repeat here that this is not necessary and won't be added.  Also, if there are any magazines missing from a specific weapon, I'll definitely look into it.

Thx for explain this to him, I couldnt put it into better word and seem cause some unnecessary misunderstanding, sry about that. That's excatly what kickass told me about the magazine compatibility plan, though I m not working in VME  team so far I would still support your works and keep in touch if you need my help, hope everything in the plans would coming out soon!

On 12/6/2019 at 2:30 PM, DaWeiShen said:

Would be neat if we could get the new QBZ-191 and JH16-1

Here's some references

QBZ 191

drawing-jpg.54529

BJC16

70008012_388232655419266_473821083619079

72650702_2415024512149975_74147548198807

73527648_681306885695750_117327268656970

ok about this, kickass(one of the original founder of the VME PLA MOD aka this mod)and I are in same private modding community in our own coutry, he actually already had some words about this new rifle, but he seem not come to this forum very often. 

So if you want to know if there would be any mod for this new rifle, from what kickass told us about 2 months ago, yes, he was interested in making a mod about the new rifle, however it may not be included into this mod and would be a standalone weapon mod. Also, this is not an offical comfirmation from kickass, he said this to us in a very causal situation, so what i can told you now is yes there are some plans for a mod might include this new rifle, but is not a 100% comfired and no ETA for it to release, for kickass has gone missing these days as he always do, maybe next time he appeared would have some surprise for us, who knows, so finger cross for that.

Edited by Dedmen
Removed images from quote. Rule 14

Thanks for this info!  If he does ever make the rifle I'll add it in to the mod.

10 hours ago, Magical Chicken said:

For the new camouflage I have attempted to make a tile-able version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o6n4kf2SKTDQA8M515uKCUzRg4WaQBXG

For the QBZ-191 someone has already made a 3d model. You could always contact them and see if they are willing to share it: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/rRVl9e

Already sent the link to Kickass:yay:

Are you going to improve the texture of MOD? because they are really not up to the standard of arma 3 and in 2020, it's ridiculous.

Teaser - there are some uniform updates in the works.  This is progressing VERY slowly but so far things are looking very promising...

camotest.jpg

Speaking of new stuff... ZTQ-15 light tank - WIP:

ZTQ15-beta.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 7:50 PM, hcpookie said:

Teaser - there are some uniform updates in the works.  This is progressing VERY slowly but so far things are looking very promising...

camotest.jpg

Speaking of new stuff... ZTQ-15 light tank - WIP:

ZTQ15-beta.jpg

Amazing Work! Though I think you should work on the new Camos, their're an improvement of the old Camos

Its called xingkong camo in Chinese term

Info: https://www.china-arms.com/2019/12/chinese-army-star-camouflage/

On 12/31/2019 at 9:38 PM, hcpookie said:

Thanks for this info!  If he does ever make the rifle I'll add it in to the mod.

Hey, pookie, just let you know that I have got the permission to share the QBZ191 3d model by the orignal arthor on artstation. However there is an issue, the model is in high poly and not ready to be used in OB now, and kickass need to deal with RL stuffs and away from modding for months, if you or your friends could do something with the 3D model for using it in OB and build it as an additional weapon in VME PLA mod, I'm glad to share the model with you and your team.