vme_cycle6

From China Virtual Military Engineers: VME PLA mod for ArmA3

13 hours ago, SMACKDATAS said:

I wonder if this would work with Exile.   Do you have the class Names for all the items?

All you have to do is go into the editor and do a copy for the class names in the attributes section.

@hcpookie

Hey, i know this is an odd question (especially on this topic), but any chances of you porting your 

"UGV - Unmanned Ground Vehicles - SWORD, Adunok-M, MRK-27-BT" mod for ArmA 2, to ArmA 3?

I did not know where to post this, as i couldn't find a topic about that mod.

Thanks

Update now available on steam workshop!

• FIX: Invincible crew on EQ-2050; CSVP4
  • FIX: Some texturesources not working
  • IMPROVED: ERA damage values on tanks

• Like 2

Am I the only one who is having issues with the MLRS? seems every time I fire most of them the rockets just kinda fly everywhere, usually killing me and the vehicle in the process, only mod's loaded being the mod itself and CBA

@hcpookie

I noticed one bug caused by VME PLA. It seems that for some reason it is conflicting with many other mods causing for example truck mounted weapons not to function. One example are vanilla MLRS having no gunner seat or RHS trucks like Ural with ZU-23-2 AA guns.

I am currently unable to do any testing as my water cooling pump died this weekend 😞 The replacement should be here by next weekend.

I will look into these errors and see what I can do.  I have been working to remove inheritance dependencies in order to alleviate some of these conflict issues, and it seems I will have to dig into those truck classes a little deeper.  The LD-2000 I believe inherits from one of the base truck turret classes, so an inheritance error may be the source of the issues.  Once I get my water pump replacement I'll be able to look into it again 🙂

• Like 1

No rushes, to be honest there is still plenty of awesome gear and toys to play with, just wanted to bring it to light, hopefully that will be the only major issue to pop up, either way keep up the awesome work love all the mods you put out 🙂

On 2/25/2019 at 1:04 PM, Damian90 said:

@hcpookie

I noticed one bug caused by VME PLA. It seems that for some reason it is conflicting with many other mods causing for example truck mounted weapons not to function. One example are vanilla MLRS having no gunner seat or RHS trucks like Ural with ZU-23-2 AA guns.

Ahh, thank you.  I was trying to figure out what was going on with the new RHS MRAPs last night while building a mission.

On 2/25/2019 at 12:04 PM, Damian90 said:

@hcpookie

I have not seen this one pop up on my end using either RHS or CUP. I will test it out some more on my missions as well and see if I can get the same thing to happen.

7 hours ago, Nichols said:

I have not seen this one pop up on my end using either RHS or CUP. I will test it out some more on my missions as well and see if I can get the same thing to happen.

FWIW, I disabled VME_PLA last night and went back into the editor.  The same MRAPs that were having gunner issues before worked just fine this time.  Not sure if it's a load order thing or what.

Small update published

• Fix:  Some units missing from Zeus mode
  • Fix:  Missing texture reports for some EQ2050 models
  • Like 1

Another update - stomping out bugs!  This update *might* address the cross-mod gunner turret issues...

• FIX: LD-2000 Turret config errors
  • FIX: "Unknown animation source" errors for truck wheels
  • FIX: "Unknown animation source" errors for CSV-P4 ATV wheels
  • FIX: "Bad vehicle XXX" errors
  • Like 4

Apologies for the lack of recent updates but I'm in the middle of remodelling my basement bathroom.  I'm still receiving reports of individuals having issues with other mods, causing some pop-up errors.  If you are having any of these types of issues, PLEASE report them here and ideally explain which mods are also loaded!  It will be several weeks before I can have enough time to address them, but I will be looking into all bug issues.

I'm receiving reports that the aircraft jamming script is working - perhaps too well - and will be looking into refinement of the jamming systems.

Finally, I am also researching some of the recent developments and weapon systems announced this year IRL including new combat drones (UCAV's).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy Cinco De Mayo! 

FIX: Renamed Wing-Loong 2 from GJ-1 to GJ-2 to match real-world naming convention
FIX: Renamed LJ-7 to AR-1 to match real-world naming convention
FIX: KD-88 AGM doesnt work when locking on
IMPROVED: Updated some incorrect missile flight profiles and lock behavior
IMPROVED: Moved UAV's and UCAV's under PLAAF faction
IMPROVED: Stringtable entries
NEW: CH-3 UCAV
NEW: CH-7 UCAV

CH7CH3.jpg

• Like 2

Experimenting with different camo patterns for the J-20, based loosely on RL photos:

J20camo.jpg

• Like 2

Has anyone else experienced extreme lag using the base VME mod recently in a mission? Recently we attempted a Zeus based mission and the server fps was around 5-10fps for everyone. The minute I uploaded the same mission using different units the server fps was up over 50fps. Of course I do not have the server RPT files as we were attempting to toss things around quickly but I do have the mission file if anyone wishes to take a look at it.

4 hours ago, Nichols said:

Has anyone else experienced extreme lag using the base VME mod recently in a mission? Recently we attempted a Zeus based mission and the server fps was around 5-10fps for everyone. The minute I uploaded the same mission using different units the server fps was up over 50fps. Of course I do not have the server RPT files as we were attempting to toss things around quickly but I do have the mission file if anyone wishes to take a look at it.

Yeah Nicholas, Our community were suppose to run a campaign with VME a few months back however in testing with around 5 players we found that the server FPS dropped from the usual 50 to an average of around 12-15 FPS in a basic mission with no scripts. We also noticed large amounts of FPS and server fps drops whenever a VME missile was fired which we believed was due to the smoke script.... 😕 

Most of the smoke effects were removed or severely diminished.  I have ran a dedicated server w/ VME and had no problems with it.  Not sure what to suggest for low FPS issues.

On 5/11/2019 at 10:44 AM, hcpookie said:

Most of the smoke effects were removed or severely diminished.  I have ran a dedicated server w/ VME and had no problems with it.  Not sure what to suggest for low FPS issues.

Appreciate the feedback here @hcpookie but I am at a loss on what to do. Since the last update to VME it has become nearly unusable for me in a dedicated mission. I have scrapped everything and attempted just a server where I load only VME and it continues to chug along at <15fps server side. I need to get these RPT files over to you for you to check.

The recent changes (May and March) are fixing inheritance pop-up errors, fixing missile flight profiles, and added some UCAV's.  Not sure in any of those what would cause lag on a server.  There aren't any scripts that are looping in these updates.

Coming soon for the next update:

• WS2400 heavy transport
  • DF-15 rearm truck
  • Also fix for the ZTL-05 PLAN APC
  • LESH towing mod compatibility for all helicopters, planes, and UCAV's
  • Desert DF-15 models

WSupdate.jpg

• Like 2