vme_cycle6

From China Virtual Military Engineers: VME PLA mod for ArmA3

On 8/11/2018 at 11:19 AM, 2900376281 said:

The FHJ84 rocket was originally used as the main equipment of chemical-proof single-soldier rocket barrel, such as incendiary bomb and smoke bomb. It is mainly used to compensate for the shortage of flamethrower range, kill, drive and blind enemies hidden in blockhouses, caves and buildings. The launching barrel of the fHJ84 single-soldier rocket is a double barrel structure, consisting of barrel, percussion launcher and so on. Tripod, handle and straps. The sight consists of a tube, a connecting lens seat, a protective cover and a lighting fixture. The magnification is 2.5, the field of view is 9 degrees, and the weight is 310 grams. The cartridge which is launched after the cylinder is used as a projectile is mounted on the launcher when loading. It is composed of cylinder body and front / back cover. Its improved version of the FHJ01 type single soldier rocket is equipped with 02 types of incendiary bombs and smoke bombs. Incendiary bombs can open high-temperature flames within a considerable range and time, destroying fortifications and killing internal personnel; smoke bombs produce smoke, blind and interfere with enemy observation and shooting.
During firing, the shooter pulls the electric shock launcher, and the propellant gas sprayed back propels the rocket forward. The weapon has the advantages of simple structure, good accuracy, light weight and convenient operation.
In the late 1980s, the PLA General Armaments Department developed air-blast steel balls for the fhj84, which greatly increased its combat effectiveness. These are all special purpose rockets. But unfortunately, these weapons are now decommissioned, and the new rockets that replace the fhj84 are mainly one-off thermobars.

After looking at pictures of this launcher it seems relatively simple to build.  I'll look into this as I want to further improve the infantry units.

• Like 1

I'm excited to use something like that if it's added. There aren't too many weapons like the FHJ 84 in A3 modding.

Found a problem when spawning in infantry from the rocket faction. Some of the units dont spawn with their equipment like the rifleman and combat medic among others.

Coming soon - removal of the US flag on the multicam uniforms!  Also making some config changes to address minor details and numerous .RPT errors.  Also consolidating some of the configs for easier patch management.  I am going to do some testing to ensure the edits are working as expected and hope (!!!) to get it uploaded this weekend.

I've been looking over the forum and steam posts and not seeing that many bug reports remaining... hope I don't miss anything

noflag.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure if it had been reported before, but as of the November/December version, many of the APC gunners were bullet proof.  I'm not sure if I've tested 2.4.1 to see if this was fixed, but will have a look when I get a chance.

17 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Which ones?

The last time I checked, I believe it was pretty much every APC.  Sorry, I wasn't able to get to it last night with 2.4.1, but previously, any wheeled or tracked APC that had the gunner (or it may have been a Commander position) turned out was bullet proof. 

Found some issues so I am delaying the update.  Making some major fixes to the tanks behavior to fix the "drifting" issues.  Someone indicated on Steam that they see better behavior w/ the tanks but no fixes were published... engine fix perhaps?  Regardless, in my tests the tanks are behaving "normally".  Been pounding sand this past week to get these damn physx settings working better.  Also fixing other things as I find them.  :)

• Like 1

Hi @hcpookie, for the flag removal of US uniforms, will you be removing the flags on the Carrier Special Rigs and Carrier GL Rigs? They are the closest thing we have to the kind of body armour worn by the Chinese peacekeepers in South Sudan, note the throat protectors and deltoid protectors looking at making some fully suited and booted Chinese allies or enemies in my unit. On the point of tanks, do you have plans to do the ZTZ 99A? Thanks! I appreciate your work and have been following the mod closely for the past 2-3 years! Keep it up!

0023ae5d91e01602044901.jpg

update imminent!  upload is large and will take some time so I hope to have it ready later this afternoon.

v2.4

=======

FIX: Numerous RPT errors
FIX: US flags on PLA forces dressed with chest rigs in the Multicam uniforms
FIX: Error message No entry 'bin\config.bin\CfgVehicles.VME_PLA_soldier_UAV_DES' when entering Zeus
FIX: ZTS-63 materials were rendering textures as shadows even in daylight
FIX: ZTS-63 crew camera positions
FIX: ZTS-63 crew turn-out proxies
FIX: Ammo box "Explosives [PLA]" contained no explosives
FIX: Supply box "Vehicle Fuel [PLA]" contained no fuel
FIX: Supply box "Vehicle Ammo [PLA]" contained no ammo
FIX: MBT main gun weapon config caused missile systems (AT-11) instantly reload
FIX: APC main gun weapon config caused missile systems (AT-10) instantly reload
FIX: Type 86 RVMAT errors
FIX: T-99 signal sign script errors
FIX: Artillery vehicle inheritance causing occasional popup errors
FIX: MBT crew turn-out positions
FIX: MBT missing VIV cargo load mem points (would attach to middle plane of deck)
FIX: Added missing slingload and vehicletransport settings to numerous vehicles
IMPROVED: Made some config changes to optimize load times and reduce update downloads
IMPROVED: Tank speeds and "drifting" behavior
IMPROVED: Tracked APC speeds and "drifting" behavior
IMPROVED: Flipping from MBT main gun weapon recoil
IMPROVED: FN6 AA missile lock-on behavior
IMPROVED: Most A-G missile guidance and range settings

• Thanks 1

Well sunbudy there's your answer

Yea I misunderstood, no vest re-textures, just swapping out different vanilla assets onto the new multicam troops. I thought the NATO vests were being retextured to have their flag removed.

Incoming v2.5 update!

--------------------------------------

FIX: Some minor config errors
NEW: Static tripod PF-98 AT Rocket Launcher (under Turrets)
NEW: PF-97 FAE RPG using thermobaric fuel-air explosive (FAE) warhead
NEW: PF-97 soldiers

PF97-1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is that a licensed RPO shmel? Also will you be able to make the turret with a tripod backpack and the launcher itself rather than it being a backpack?

I am looking forward to playing arma again : )

vqGeMsr.gif

Previous versions of this addon added in a VME Magazine functions dependency to missions that didn't have any Chinese units added. It seemed really superfluous and not necessary. Do current versions of this mod still have that issue?

7 hours ago, =242= CPT. Helios said:

Previous versions of this addon added in a VME Magazine functions dependency to missions that didn't have any Chinese units added. It seemed really superfluous and not necessary. Do current versions of this mod still have that issue?

In other words from me can we erase it whitout breaking anything?

13 hours ago, =242= CPT. Helios said:

It is necessary although you may not think so.  It is required and is not an "issue".

• Like 1

Under what circumstances do the ERA blocks on the Type 99 tank "activate"? What triggers them to block a shot and appear "hit"? I've tried shooting the blocks with APFSDS and HEAT rounds from CUP and RHS tanks, RHS RPG-7, CUP RPG-7 and BMP-1, and they don't get "destroyed" like shown in the screenshots. They don't block damage. I've tried them with and without ACE, to see if that made a difference, same result.

UPDATE: Upon further testing, it seems that only vanilla Arma 3  tanks and other PLA tanks in the mod can activate the ERA on the Chinese tanks, everything else is ignored. Very strange. I just tested it with the vanilla ARMA 3 RPG and a CUP T-55 and T-34.r

Also note in the video how a T-34 can destroy a Type 99 with a few shots to the frontal armor. I think they need a buff lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

I know this is not the point of the post and video, but where are those soldiers from if you don't mind my asking? 

16 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

Under what circumstances do the ERA blocks on the Type 99 tank "activate"? What triggers them to block a shot and appear "hit"?

Uses the BIS ERA configuration as described in the BIKI

UPDATE: Upon further testing, it seems that only vanilla Arma 3  tanks and other PLA tanks in the mod can activate the ERA on the Chinese tanks, everything else is ignored. Very strange. I just tested it with the vanilla ARMA 3 RPG and a CUP T-55 and T-34.

No idea why any other mod would not cause the ERA to fail.  Begs the question if these mods vs. Vanilla perform in the same way.  Entirely possible they may be missing something as I simply followed the BIKI configuration data for the hitpoints and animationsources.  So you have your ERA in the hit-points LOD, and the visual LOD's, along w/ the config items to make them animate based on damage values.  That's about all the BIKI inidcates.  If other mods alter damage values on ammo or on vehicles it is entirely possible they "break" ERA.

Another thought.  The "default" for ERA damage of non-configured ammo = 1 where "named" ammo is modified, usually < 1.  Possible that the other mods simply need to be updated. 

"class Default // when hit by ammunition without warHeadName { hit[] = {1}; speed[] = {1}; };"

From here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Damage_Enhancement

I don't think it would be hard to make a custom ERA damage profile and set the "default" to something incredibly small.  This would "favor" configured mods.

• Like 1

^ I would look into it further. As you can see from the video, even the other PLA tanks sometimes fail to trigger the ERA on them. Also, in the video, you see the vanilla ARMA 3 RPG-7 fail to trigger the ERA, despite a clear and center hit on the turret side ERA blocks. I haven't had any issues with the ERA blocks on RHS tanks failing to activate, they've even blocked shots from obscure mods, like the laser cannon on the droid tank in the Star Wars Opposition mod.

Also I think the Chinese tanks need a buff anyway, there's no reason an old shitty T-34 should be able to knock one out by hitting it in it's frontal armor :)