vme_cycle6

From China Virtual Military Engineers: VME PLA mod for ArmA3

The only time that is reported is due to some other mod that creates a dependency.  Some people were trying to run the WW2 mod alongside VME PLA!  Recommend removing other mods 1x1 until finding the culprit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hcpookie said:

The only time that is reported is due to some other mod that creates a dependency.  Some people were trying to run the WW2 mod alongside VME PLA!  Recommend removing other mods 1x1 until finding the culprit.

Yeah, I found that my mil-sim unit's mod collection was the mod causing it. Currently combing through the collection to find the exact mod that causes the error.

Missing sound on planes has been identified and addressed.  ZTL-11 non-floating issue as well.  Several other minor things and a few new surprises... snipers will be happy ;)

Speaking of surprises, I am nearly finished building the WZ-551 chassis!  The baseline model, added physx, and config is working.  For now the standard 25mm cannon is the only one today (The ZSL-92).  I plan on adding a few variants to round out the selections.

wz1.jpg   wz4.jpg   wz3.jpg

• Like 7

@hcpookie 

Thought you might want to know that the Mi-17 versions have black patches all over it after the update today.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/655153321/1489987634006989909/?ctp=3#c3183345176714484658

Also the SX-2190 trucks have black cones around the headlights as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/655153321/1489987634006989909/?ctp=3#c3183345176714496048

I think I "cracked the code" and figured how to do a desert texture... initial results look promising!  Colors taken from an HD image of a PLA vehicle in daylight.  Definitely need to reduce brightness and I would like to add some dirt/scratches to the paint.  I need to see if there are custom brushes for GIMP...

(that's the "correct" ZTL-11 turret coming soon... the original was just a placeholder)

destest1.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/19/2017 at 3:53 PM, Nichols said:

@hcpookie 

Thought you might want to know that the Mi-17 versions have black patches all over it after the update today.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/655153321/1489987634006989909/?ctp=3#c3183345176714484658

Also the SX-2190 trucks have black cones around the headlights as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/655153321/1489987634006989909/?ctp=3#c3183345176714496048

Thanks for pointing those out!

I just confirmed that both of those issues are faces that use A3 textures.  They look fine in buldozer but appear black in-game.  The models' upload dates are way before the last release... haven't been touched since.  The only explanation I can imagine makes sense would be the team had issues when they compiled them for the update. 

On 11/26/2017 at 6:44 AM, hcpookie said:

Thanks for pointing those out!

I just confirmed that both of those issues are faces that use A3 textures.  They look fine in buldozer but appear black in-game.  The models' upload dates are way before the last release... haven't been touched since.  The only explanation I can imagine makes sense would be the team had issues when they compiled them for the update. 

The Mi-17 has no engine/rotor sound. It is completely silent.

Many or all Chinese soldiers have European names like Luke Clark.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2017 at 8:19 AM, pognivet said:

The Mi-17 has no engine/rotor sound. It is completely silent.

Many or all Chinese soldiers have European names like Luke Clark.

Confirmed on the Mi-17 that there is no sound from the engines.

The Jets after exceeding the sound barrier also lose their sound. Also pondering if the vehicles as they're updated and fixed will be accessible through Zeus or if they'll have to be placed in Editor before hand as it is current.

22 minutes ago, IlI Tay IlI said:

The Jets after exceeding the sound barrier also lose their sound. Also pondering if the vehicles as they're updated and fixed will be accessible through Zeus or if they'll have to be placed in Editor before hand as it is current.

Haven't noticed the sound barrier effect. As for the vehicles are you using Ares - Achilles? I haven't had a problem with dropping vehicles via Zeus and then being able to access them.

I'll be sure to double check the Jet issue but yes using Ares-Achilles and some things in the editor are not available in the Zeus. The Jets and Helicopters in particular.

• Like 1

which ones in particular

also does it happen w/o any other mods or a certain combination of mods

@hcpookie Getting the following happening with the ZUBR LCAC. When you are in Zeus the sound for the ZUBR comes in and then you can not get rid of the sound until you log out of the server and then log back in. However once you go back into Zeus the ZUBR sound returns and stays.

Sad face.  I will address that.  Busy working on PLAN-Marines vehicles so I'll add that to the list

(wait did he say "adding more vehicles in the next update"?)  :f:

• Like 3

@hcpookie I also posted on the Steam Workshop:

JH-7A bug...backseat pilot/WSO does not show up inside the cockpit in the editor. When using with ALiVE he also does not spawn in the aircraft and stands on the ground outside of it.

@hcpookie

Thanks for all the hard work you have been putting into this and helping the community as a whole. We just started using VME in our newest ALiVE mission today and have found a few other bugs related to EQ2050's.

EQ2050 MG and GL versions you can only put 2 people in from Zeus. The driver and gunner are the only ones that will enter the vehicle. If you try to place more troops in the vehicles they will be able to be loaded into the vehicles. Also the driver in the EQ2050 MG and GL can not be shot and injured by any guns or explosives will not kill the driver. However once the vehicles tires are blown the driver will exit and then he can be killed.

EQ2050 driver - confirmed - Not sure why however because the fire geo looks fine.  I'll have to look into that.  I'll also double-check the placement for the passengers.  I spent some time working that out w/ the FFV positions, so I'll double-check to make sure I didn't fat-finger something in the config.

awesome work guys! i'm already using this to make some missions of my own (china and russia invade the states through alaska??) i'll update on any bugs that haven't been brought up yet if i find any. do you guys have any plans on adding the dongfeng csk 131 to the mod? i think its a fairly new and bad ass humvee in the PLA. any chances of seeing the new type 052d destroyer? thats some serious boat right there. anyhow keep up the good work its cra!!

@hcpookie

Here is another bug I just confirmed following up another guys post on the Steam Workshop regarding the SX2190 truck variants. Regardless of which one you spawn in they are all appearing as the resupply variant.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/655153321/1489987634006989909/?ctp=3#c1621724915795190133

I'm unpacked in my new house so for the near future I should be relatively stable and able to give the mod some attention.  Neck still hurts from moving heavy stuff :(

On 12/27/2017 at 8:37 AM, Nichols said:

@hcpookie

Here is another bug I just confirmed following up another guys post on the Steam Workshop regarding the SX2190 truck variants. Regardless of which one you spawn in they are all appearing as the resupply variant.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/655153321/1489987634006989909/?ctp=3#c1621724915795190133

Not sure why this is happening.  I remember that particular truck using the BIS init functions for the ability to combine everything into a single model and selectively hiding/unhiding parts to make the variants.  However I understood that to work in MP and JIP.  I'll try to look into it this weekend as I take a break from moving boxes.

• Like 3

Identified the reason the J20 gets damaged when it taxis on the runway and when landing.  Tagged for update in v.Next!

• Thanks 2

@hcpookie

Any ETA on the next update?  My community is coming up to a few large mission nights with another community and was hoping was to use this mod to have a US vs China clash. I totally understand there is a thing called "life" that takes priority but just wanted to see if the update will come in time. We just need the Aircraft sound issues fixed and we can get going!

Cant wait to see what else is to come, keep up the amazing work!