vme_cycle6

From China Virtual Military Engineers: VME PLA mod for ArmA3

The existing troop names and gear names remain unchanged.  None of the new classnames have been released yet.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, texkaz said:

I really don't want to be that guy but I was planning on very soon releasing an almost finished campaign heavily feturing VME. Is it worth it at this point or is the update so much around the corner I should just hold off?

@texkaz I would hold off for a little bit. I have a revamp and redo of VME again as soon as they update the mod in order to get the group to function as OPFOR instead of INDFOR.

Actually... I was planning on adding an OPFOR faction mod so INDEP factions could play vs. PLA.  Like a "PRACS vs. PLA" or something along those lines.

I should have more time middle of next week to work on the lists as the wife is going out of town to visit some family... so I won't have those "honey-do" things to deal with at least for a little while  :)

• Like 8

What is this magic I saw that got sent via an update on Steam late last night....vme_pla_weapons.pbo and vme_pla_men.pbo got an update for me?????? Time to go through the mod and see what you guys updated.

OK found a few errors:

I have started working with the latest updates and have found some issues.

Units not showing up and many are also missing helmets and backpacks in editor and in game. Unfortunately for some reason my screenshot keybind has failed and I am unable to take images and post them here.

1. PLA_spec_DES_SNIPER and PLA_spec_DES_SPOTTER unable to be seen in the editor. They are also missing in game when I leave the editor and attempt to play a quick mission. 
  2. Entire first group in drop down menu in editor all missing helmets and also nothing showing in menu header in the editor.
  3. Several other units such as the PLA_Soldier_LR_F missing helmets in the editor and in game.
  4. Desert PLA medic shows an error that it is missing the texture for the backpack when you load it in the editor. 
  • Like 1

It isn't updated completely yet so don't worry.  There was a minor update of the baseline "men" config but none of the enhanced features have been released... yet...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nichols said:

@texkaz I would hold off for a little bit. I have a revamp and redo of VME again as soon as they update the mod in order to get the group to function as OPFOR instead of INDFOR.

I would've loved to use your mod (its the 25th Airborne or whatever mod right?), but you have ACE as a dependency and I just can't work with that. I know you said it was a mistake but if you hammer it out I will definitely think about using that mod.

HEAR THAT NICHOLS?  YOU HAD BETTER RECONSIDER ACE DEPENDENCY SO HE CAN RETHINK USING IT!  lol

:dummy:

• Like 5

Yeah that was funny....I just might put out a 2nd version for him alone.

:don9:

Hey man, you were pitching your mod to me, not me making a request of you. IDC if you got OPFOR or INDFOR or not, I can make an american soldier REDFOR or INDFOR using some simple editor trick back from ARMA 2 days. No sweat off my balls.

And you said on your steam page the ACE thing was a mistake anyways.

• Like 2

The Type-22 Missile boat is now equipped with the YJ-83 Anti-Shipping Missile.  Booster stage discards after a few seconds burn time.

Closer and Closer  :)

YJ83test.jpg

• Like 8

After testing for literally all day, I think I have the jammer setting dialed-in for the different missiles.  At least, they are off to a good start.  The combination of homing frequency, home-on-jam capability, and frequency hop make the current settings a good trade-off as the newer SAM's w/ those extra features can still burn-through the jamming more often than not.  Less capable and older systems, as well as vanilla, are slightly easier to spoof, but they are still able to burn through.

That's an SA-3 wiggling in... it missed:

jammeron.jpg

• Like 6

what's this? Almost a gig of data updating? Is it here?

• Like 2

@hcpookie you might want to take a look at the compass on the dash of the ZUBR it doesn't align properly.

I will send a screenshot when I get moving in the morning. 

Also Thanks for the awesome work there bud. Other than that and the Z-19 not having a full artwork on the pilots dash it looks great...another screenshot will head your way with the other one as well.

Well now I have no excuse to finish up my VME-RHS campaign. Fucking awesome update but buyer be warned there are a metric tonne of bugs in the vehicles. I'm sure pookie knows about them. Like the helicopter cannons having no ammo and the massive recoil when you fire a cannon on the apc. But its the first time they added vehicles so it is what it is. Be happy they put the work into modeling this stuff.

Finally someone pays attention to the naval aspect of the game. ASM missiles and a fucking ZUBR? A Zubr?!?!?!?!?! Are you dicking me? Awesome! You also have divers with the underwater rifles the Russians made in the late 60s. No mods pay attention to that part of the game, but you did. Congrats and thank you!

• Like 4

REALLY great stuff Pook!

This is massive news for the community as we finally have a fully fleshed out Chinese faction.  As a campaign/mission maker, this opens up a huge new array of scenarios.  Thanks for this.

As a scenario doodler, I'm very excited at the prospect of a having a fully intrgrated combined arms Chinese force! But, can I ask why it was decided to replace the unique PLA backpack with a generic reskin of the fake vanilla Carry-All backpack?

Edit: Just went through the vehicles, nothing but good things to say about them. The Self-Propelled gun does have a bug with the commander's HMG where the muzzle flash is constantly visible in the arsenal, however. Still, loving the Chinese vehicles. 

So, I have been looking forward to this for a while.  I really would like to include some PLA forces in a campaign with my unit at some point.

There are some issues however.  As I posted over on Steam.
Aircraft need TGP views. There is no way to target their Air To Ground weaponry without a TGP view or CCIP.  The TGP view that shows up is centered in the middle of the aircraft upper fuselage behind the cockpit on the J10 and -20.
The Dual seater attack plane has the TGP behind the front seat.  All TGP views are locked in place and cannot be moved.

Also, you cannot access manned aircraft from Zeus. You can only place Empty aircraft.
Further, there are no separate PLA pilots for planes or helicopters.

I dig the 64 KM active radars on the planes though.  That is awesome!

• Like 1

On 9/14/2017 at 7:19 AM, Nichols said:

What is this magic I saw that got sent via an update on Steam late last night....vme_pla_weapons.pbo and vme_pla_men.pbo got an update for me?????? Time to go through the mod and see what you guys updated.

I didn't realize they already published the new stuff - great!  I'll have to have a look at it myself :)

Thank you for working on this, there's some very nice content in this mod!

We've been using this mod on our campaign for a while now, albeit with some added scripts for compatibility. I'd also like to see the faction listed under OPFOR and the ability to use some of the individual factions (Regular/Desert/Artillery/Marine) with ALiVE.

In addition to some of the issues posted previously, it seems like some vehicles cannot take damage, or have issues:

• It was either the WZ-10 or Z-19 - I ran it into a few trees, and into the ground, does not take damage.
  • ZTZ-96 - can penetrate an RHS M1A1 Abrams anywhere including angled front turret, but after using the Abram's 120mm to fire 14 rounds into the engine or the Type 96, no noticeable damage occurred.  The Type 99 seems a bit more balanced, but it can still 1-shot an Abrams.  Not really understanding all that's involved, but what penetration values did you give to that gun?

Also, on the helicopter pilots' loadouts, they have a nice helmet, but I can't find any resources on them using the coveralls.  Here are some samples:

Spoiler

0c0255cc-0cba-4d6b-9411-730109fc98cb.jpef1a1897f-917d-4e7a-8a32-6b8303469664.jpe15c2e5e2a6776122310432.jpg

1343179302312_1343179302312_r.jpg

They seem to for the most part be wearing slimmer dark navy coveralls with leather jackets, which of course I assume would not be a part of their "summer dress."

Very well done so far, I'm looking forward to what's to come!

• Like 1

ZTZ-96 - can penetrate an RHS M1A1 Abrams anywhere including angled front turret, but after using the Abram's 120mm to fire 14 rounds into the engine or the Type 96, no noticeable damage occurred.  The Type 99 seems a bit more balanced, but it can still 1-shot an Abrams.  Not really understanding all that's involved, but what penetration values did you give to that gun?

Using non-RHS vehicles against RHS vehicles is a bad idea - there's a lot going on under the hood WRT RHS vehicles and their in-house damage system.

As stated above, anything armor RHS and vanilla is incompatable.   RHS vics are paper due to different damage models.  Only RHS can change their methodology to correct this problem.   Try running these vics vs. CUP tanks and you should get better results.

• Like 3