vme_cycle6

From China Virtual Military Engineers: VME PLA mod for ArmA3

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:54 PM, chortles said:

@Jagdgeschwader "that a lot of faction mods don't even bother with" That's probably because so much of said "high quality equipment" are Chinese designs that are either exclusive to the PLA or being exported to non-Western/European/Russian forces*, yet we may both know how infrequently non-Western/Soviet hardware was modeled for the Arma series -- or heck, how infrequently specific non-Western/European/Russian forces are represented in community mods -- at least where English-only readers can see them, hence all the reskins of vanilla and/or Soviet hardware in prior 'PLA' addons for Arma 3.

"itching to put China in their full glory on the field" This reminds me of a years-old claim that Chinese players were fine with Dragon Rising's PLA-as-antagonists because they also saw that game presenting the PLA as a serious, non-cartoonish opponent.

* For example, the VN16 and VN18 export versions of the PLA's ZBD-05 and ZTD-05 tracked amphibious armor were delivered to the Venezuelan Marine Corps in 2014-2015, while African militaries have been operating wheeled Chinese armor such as the WMA301 vehicle.

Apologies, when I mentioned "high quality equipment" that many mod authors don't even bother with, I was referring to the fact that the PLA here is represented as a complete faction with supporting assets, armor, aircraft, and a wide variety of infantry. Many mods skimp out on the vehicle aspect, where as the VME mod seems to be going the extra mile here.

I've tried PM'ing OP with no response, was wondering if it would be noticed here- Would there be people interested in a mod that converts the ingame factions ( in this case CSAT Pacific) into VME PLA units? 

@OP - Would I have your permission to do this- I would just be making VME a dependency for the replacement mod. 

• Like 2

Love your mod!

I have a question, will you be releasing the PLA Marine Corps camo? Would love to see gear to those guys

U542P886T15D35086F104DT20140316111936.jp

On 8/17/2017 at 7:26 PM, jarrad96 said:

I've tried PM'ing OP with no response, was wondering if it would be noticed here- Would there be people interested in a mod that converts the ingame factions ( in this case CSAT Pacific) into VME PLA units? 

@OP - Would I have your permission to do this- I would just be making VME a dependency for the replacement mod. 

Classnames aren't finished yet so there isn't a good way to do this yet.  When classnames are available they could be used as necessary.  Some things don't have camo selections and that would have to be kept in mind.

Progress report.

Just corrected the last of popup errors that were present.

To-do update:

--------------------

- Finish arrangements and ordering of the Men class units (some duplicates in PLAN/PLAAF/SF/Desert were discovered)

- Sort new sniper units

- Complete EQ-2050 A-A model, EQ glass sorting

- Finish UAV-specific A-G weapons

- Finish A-G weapon configs

- Fix Y-9 family pilot positions

- Fix LD-200 geometry issue

- Verify aircraft Components functionality

- HQ-64 ammo config: missile has no motion

- HQ-61 ammo config: missile has no motion

- Add Groups for new units

- LD-2000 airburst function

- Compile list of classnames

- Compile dynamic loadout selections for aircraft

- Fix remaining .RPT errors

- Verify stringtable functionality

That should be it.  There are still some remaining issues that won't be addressed any time soon such as rails on weapons, etc.

Still aiming for a "pre-Orange" release time frame however release will be subject to proper functionality first and foremost.  It will be done when it is done :) 

A post-Orange release will certainly be in the cards since the EOD robot and "good" CBU's both seem like an obvious addition.  And some more things in the pipeline...

• Like 7

Completed M-99 12.7mm (.50 cal) sniper rifle with -optional- suppressor.  New Spotter class has suppressed QBZ and laser designator.  I have decided to put all the "desert-ish" sniper camo selections into the SF- Desert grouping, and the rest in the standard SF grouping.  Makes it easier that way.

gotreal.jpg

• Like 7

Fully articulated and animated rockets and pods.

VME57mm.jpg 

Tumbling napalm cannisters

VME_napalm.jpg 

High-drag bombs w/ more air friction results in better low-altitude performance

VME_HDbomb.jpg

• Like 8

HQ61 and HQ64 now working properly :)   Working on...

HQ61.jpg

To-do update:

--------------------

- Finish arrangements and ordering of the Men class units (some duplicates in PLAN/PLAAF/SF/Desert were discovered)

- Sort new sniper units

- AAA airburst function

• Like 9

3 hours ago, hcpookie said:

HQ61 and HQ64 now working properly :)   Working on...

HQ61.jpg

To-do update:

--------------------

- Sort new sniper units

- AAA airburst function

You sir are making me so wet....with sweat! Mainly because it's hotter than 2 rats banging in a wet wool sock but dangit man!

So, uh, how will the Zubr work in game? Like, in regards to it's transport capability?

As in "does it transport"?  ... yes.

I have 60 lines in the RPT to deal with... ugh

• Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:19 PM, hcpookie said:

As in "does it transport"?  ... yes.

I have 60 lines in the RPT to deal with... ugh

I mean to say capacity, sorry. But stay strong, dude!

RPT is down to the last few lines :)

Divers get a new toy - QBS06 underwater rifle, based on the Russian APS underwater rifle

QBS06.jpg

To-do update:

--------------------

- Sort new sniper units

- AAA airburst function

• Like 9

Got the airburst working.  Need to get the other AAA vehicles arranged the same way.

Still finding a basket full of errors to hammer out!  :(

LD2000airburst.jpg

• Like 8

20 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Got the airburst working.  Need to get the other AAA vehicles arranged the same way.

Still finding a basket full of errors to hammer out!  :(

LD2000airburst.jpg

Need any help working through errors?

• Like 1

AAAAAAAND of course more issues found to fix... lol

Going to work on hammering out these (final?) vehicle issues today.

Plane loadouts still pending... need to get more separation on the dynamic loadouts per pylon as some pylons can load things they shouldn't.  Just more tedious "hardpoints" definitions.

Known problems that won't get fixed:

===============================
 - M-99 sniper rifle accessories don't work in the arsenal

- QBS-96 underwater rifle don't work in the arsenal

- Sniper ghillie suits disable weapon flashlights

I banged around all day yesterday trying to get the ghillie suits/flashlight thing addressed and I am simply stumped.  I can't for the life of me understand why this even happens.  But it does.  Change uniform to a normal PLA uniform, any of them, and the weapon flashlights work.  Put on ghillie suit, no flashlight.  "SPLAIN THAT TO ME"!  lol  So this is going on the back burner.  Snipers will have to accommodate this by carrying their ghillie in a backpack until they get into position if they want to sneak around w/ a flashlight.

In the GOOD NEWS dept:

=====================

M-99 muzzle flash:
M99flash.jpg

Google translate helped me add labels to the crates:

ammocrates.jpg

Also added PLA pattern (forest and desert) sniper nets based on my pook_camonets - nets are droppable from inventory, and available in the ammo crate.  Since I changed them from a backpack-only deployment method, they take up literally no space in inventory so it is no longer a "penalty" to carry one around:

PLAnets.jpg

• Like 10

Ready for some wheelin!

wheelin.jpg

If you look closely you can see the spent shells falling to the ground.  All photos of the latest RL FB-6A version do not show a .50 cal, but the vehicle will be relatively useless in-game without one.  Apparently the .50 cal is an "option" for the turret.

dealin.jpg

We are in the final testing phase...  wrapping up more loose ends so hopefully by this time next week we will have something that resembles a Release Candidate...  down to the final weeks :)

• Like 14

On 2017/9/11 at 1:09 AM, hcpookie said:

Ready for some wheelin!

wheelin.jpg

If you look closely you can see the spent shells falling to the ground.  All photos of the latest RL FB-6A version do not show a .50 cal, but the vehicle will be relatively useless in-game without one.  Apparently the .50 cal is an "option" for the turret.

dealin.jpg

We are in the final testing phase...  wrapping up more loose ends so hopefully by this time next week we will have something that resembles a Release Candidate...  down to the final weeks :)

Stop teasing, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

All looks amazing pook.  Your work is surely going to make this already good mod into by far the best PLA mod in the Armaverse.  Just wanted to say thanks for all of your work on this mod. Looking forward to making campaigns with this mod.

• Like 1

I really don't want to be that guy but I was planning on very soon releasing an almost finished campaign heavily feturing VME. Is it worth it at this point or is the update so much around the corner I should just hold off?

• Like 2