vme_cycle6

From China Virtual Military Engineers: VME PLA mod for ArmA3

Ulyanovsk class super-carrier was planning to be similar as Nimitz class SAC. I should had a catapults and other modern stuff which is also on US AC... so. And as you wrote upper that that 3D model is Ulyanovsk im not sure about it... it looks more like Kuznetsov class AC. :)

Best regards DonbassCZ

• Like 2

PLA Navy is mostly complete.  I have a few small issues left to tweak but it is coming along nicely

PLAN.jpg

• Like 6

FINALLY got the stupid sniper uniforms to work.

PLAsnipers.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, hcpookie said:

FINALLY got the stupid sniper uniforms to work.

PLAsnipers.jpg

Reminds me of the good old DayZ-mod days when people always wore those damn Chewbacca suits regardless of the situation <3

The faction is now a nuclear faction :)

df15test.jpg     df15test2.jpg

The DF15 reaches out to about 200km at present.  RL range is at least 2x that.  The range can be enlarged if larger maps are built.  As per RL the DF15 booster trails the warhead to provide a "decoy" vs. SAM's.  Both HE and Nuclear warheads are available for now.  A submunition warhead may be built in the future depending on frame rate impact.

DP15launch.jpg

Also got the Type 86 (license built D30) working in game, with the addition of direct-fire AT rounds besides the standard arty selection (HE, smoke, flares)

Type86.jpg

• Like 12

On 4/30/2017 at 4:52 PM, hcpookie said:

Also got the Type 86 (license built D30) working in game, with the addition of direct-fire AT rounds besides the standard arty selection (HE, smoke, flares)

Type86.jpg

@hcpookie question about the Type 86....is it towable and able to be moved by attaching it to vehicles like the transport trucks you are showing?

6 hours ago, Nichols said:

@hcpookie question about the Type 86....is it towable and able to be moved by attaching it to vehicles like the transport trucks you are showing?

I know of a towing mod, but it's not exactly vanilla A3 function. So I wouldn't hold my breath on that one...

While it has slingload memory points, it doesn't seem to ever provide the "load vehicle" action, not even into the LCAC.  So perhaps statics cannot be loaded in VIV?  I don't know, maybe I have screwed up something in the config.

See below... :)

Updated the Type 86 (D30 licensed clone) for VIV - it DOES work with some magic :)

D30foldedfinal.jpg

Edit to add... also made it "pretty" to look at.  Reflective eyepiece.  Moving handles for gun rotate/elevate.  Animated breech block and charging handle.  Improved muzzle smoke effect.  Shell ejection.  AND a new green as you can see.  It will randomly select the original "taki tan" or the new green automatically.

D30reload.jpg     D30reflect.jpg

• Like 9

Latest addition to the air defense systems... LD-2000 CIWS

LD2000_test.png

• Like 6

I don't know how you do it man. You work so fast and so efficient that there is always something new when I check on this thread! Keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, hcpookie said:

Latest addition to the air defense systems... LD-2000 CIWS

LD2000_test.png

Do you have the radar enabled and rotating on that?
I cannot wait for the update to PLA to come out.  Adding that and your SAMS when it is updated will be bonkers!

Update to the VME Point Defense assets.  Been a busy weekend... I took the original SX2190 truck models I was provided and developed some variations  :)

These models are complete with a few touch-up things that remain.  All are considered short- to medium-range SAM systems for point-defense and embedded capabilities for mounted infantry and armor.  Still working on the EQ2050-based point defense systems (similar to Avenger). 

There is still some tweaking to do to the new radar configs.  In theory the HQ-64 and -61 mobile launchers should be coupled with a radar array of sorts.  However for practicality and convenience they are going to be configured so they can work autonomously like the other point-defense systems but with a "limited" mode.  A site array with a radar system that greatly enhances their abilities will be added in the same way as the SAM pack sites.  So if you really want them to reach out to their full potential they should be used as a Site near valuable assets (like near an airfield, etc).

And no the HQ61 missiles aren't finished!  They need to be increased in scale to be accurate... what you see on the rails is the "original" sized HQ64/Aspide missiles.

VME_POINTDEFENSE.jpg

Left to right:

PGZ-07 (2x 35mm cannon + 6x MANPADS)

PGZ-04 (4x 25mm + 4x MANPADS)
HQ-7 (4x HQ7 Missiles - copy of Crotale)

LD-2000 (35mm CIWS)

HQ-64 (4x HQ64 missiles - upgrade to HQ61)

HQ-61 (aka HQ6) - (2x HQ61 missiles - copy of Asipde)

• Like 7

you are a machine pookie.  do you even have time to play this game, lol.   great work good sir.  looking forward to play with these digital toys in the future.  thanks for all your hard work

Most of what I did was adding A3 extras to the existing MLOD's.  Lots of copy/paste :)

"play"?  What is this "play" of which you speak :)

• Like 2

Updated the HQ-61 scale.  That lettering, according to Google Translate, is indicating "radar emitter" and "rocket blast" :)

HQ61update.jpg

Now I am out of excuses... I have to work on the new radar config values.  UGH.

• Like 5

Hah! I was wondering when you were going to get around to that for your stuff :D

Looking good there, hoss.  So.. 50Km Radar range? Heh...

I will now start the paperwork to make you a god.

H-9 helo planned for this?

Maybe new version of SDV?

So the Mi17 was easy enough to convert.  I added the Mi171 as well... fortunately the texture maps are identical for both!

The Mi171 is modified from the samples in that it has no rear cargo doors, with a rappel mem point located at the rear.  Meaning, it should be able to rappel troops out the back.

m171.jpg

Some WIP stuff for PLAAF:

Z-19: 

z19.jpg

Note the real thing is being exported now...

http://www.janes.com/article/70558/export-version-of-china-s-z-19-attack-helo-makes-maiden-flight

Ka-27:

Technically for PLA-N but still an air asset

Ka27.jpg

Z-9, Mi-17, Z-10:

Not sure if I've shared any pics of the Z-9 yet...

choppas.jpg

• Like 15

Really liking the fact that we are seeing the updates coming along. Here's to hoping that the update happens soon with the VME guys.

• Like 1

this looks great and i can't wait for a release. will there be chinese voices for the units?