vme_cycle6

From China Virtual Military Engineers: VME PLA mod for ArmA3

A few more goodies... yep that's a PLA faction assault boat...

plazubr.jpg

• Like 6

AND the Chinese licensed copy of the BMP-3... the ZBD-04 (aka ZBD97 but we're using the ZBD-04 designation)

Of interest in this pic is the animated trim vane on the front, and water jet doors on the back.

zbd04test.jpg

• Like 8

Great work hcpookie :don11: do you know what exactly is going on with VME right now? Will all these new toys get added into VME, CUP or a separate addon? I am asking because some said the VME guys are inactive, which would be a real shame if true because so far their stuff looked very promising.

• Like 1

before and after... removed that crappy wash-out and glare.  Of interest, the colors blended PERFECTLY with the pre-color corrected Utes.  I know CUP is working on reducing the wash-out and RVMAT's for their islands so this should blend well once they do their updates.

I spent the entire afternoon and evening fixing the 'broken' damper suspension because fuck physx! lol

Mirrors, turn-out FFV, cargo seating, all complete.  I lack only the config for the AT-10 in-barrel AT missile and this one will also be complete.  Then on to a plane or perhaps that assault ship.  (I made 10x random textures for the assault ship based on RL photos)

before: zbd04test.jpg   after: zbd_IMPROVED.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, hcpookie said:

before and after... removed that crappy wash-out and glare.  Of interest, the colors blended PERFECTLY with the pre-color corrected Utes.  I know CUP is working on reducing the wash-out and RVMAT's for their islands so this should blend well once they do their updates.

I spent the entire afternoon and evening fixing the 'broken' damper suspension because fuck physx! lol

Mirrors, turn-out FFV, cargo seating, all complete.  I lack only the config for the AT-10 in-barrel AT missile and this one will also be complete.  Then on to a plane or perhaps that assault ship.  (I made 10x random textures for the assault ship based on RL photos)
*snip*

I would love to see a J-20 in Arma 3 :)

• Like 1

Its coming along.  Just need time to complete everything!  It was/is present in the A2 mod so you could always load that up and fly it around ;)

J20alpha.jpg

• Like 4

@hcpookie Thanks for your hard work on these things.
I've used your work for my VME: RWO missions in Arma2 and helped a lot.

Cheers!

AWESOME!!! Good to see the vehicles progressing nicely.

On 3/24/2017 at 7:38 PM, hcpookie said:

Another teaser

Type22_test.jpg

@hcpookie that one looks great. Are you planning on doing different color schemes for it and any other vehicles you are working on for the mod? I was wondering since the chinese digital camo sorta stands out quite a bit and I can't imagine that they would leave them those colors in a wartime setting. Nice work on everything. Can't wait to check them out in game.

23 minutes ago, Nichols said:

@hcpookie that one looks great. Are you planning on doing different color schemes for it and any other vehicles you are working on for the mod? I was wondering since the chinese digital camo sorta stands out quite a bit and I can't imagine that they would leave them those colors in a wartime setting. Nice work on everything. Can't wait to check them out in game.

There's a joke about the PLAN and smurfs out there...

• Like 1

It's scary how quickly you're moving along with all these vehicles lol. But keep up the good work!

4 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Its coming along.  Just need time to complete everything!  It was/is present in the A2 mod so you could always load that up and fly it around ;)

J20alpha.jpg

Looks really good!

So here are the camo patterns I've sampled.  All the pics I've seen so far have a random "splotch" pattern but I figured the digital would look pretty good as well.  Some are definitely keepers... some of them... I might take all the white and convert into greys and blues.  The white is REALLY white although it doesn't have any RVMAT's yet.

Type22camo_Tests.jpg

ALSO...  got the J7 and J10 to appear in the game... I have some work ahead of me :)

PLA_planes_test.jpg

• Like 5

Will it ever stop?

3 vehicles for the price of one - that's the AFT-10 ATGM platform.  Based on the ZBD-04 (BMP3) chassis equipped with the new (as of 2015) HJ-10 derivative.  This is a fiber-optic (wire) guided missile that is reportedly on-par with a TOW-2 and utilizes the same top-down targeting capabilities.

There is also a ZBL-08 version, which is a heavier, non-amphibious version that is basically an up-armored chassis with the amphibious water jets removed.  The track movement propels this model through the water in the absence of those jets.  Otherwise the armament and cargo complement appear to remain the same.

To the best of my knowledge, Neither the ZBL-08 nor the AFT-10 have been modeled before... and certainly not yet in the game... you saw it here first :D

ATF10test.jpg

Some RL links of the AFT-10:

http://www.chinadefenseobservation.com/?p=1044

20150617112844237.jpg

aft_10_l4.jpg

126935623_14093195427921n.jpg

• Like 6

Damn! You're working too fast!

Nerf dev-speed plz! :f:

• Like 1

Well... not really.  Just importing things in 1x1.  Took me perhaps 3 afternoons just to get the f'ing physx on that stupid APC.  Only took an afternoon to build that turret :)

• Like 2

So here's the ZBD-08 "up-armored" version... with bolt-on armor panels, and removal of water fording equipment.

zbd08test.jpg

And the real thing...

ZBD-04A.jpg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, hcpookie said:

So here's the ZBD-08 "up-armored" version... with bolt-on armor panels, and removal of water fording equipment.

*snip*

And the real thing...

*snip*

Are you going to add UN camo for vehicles too?

34 minutes ago, pipewr3nch said:

Are you going to add UN camo for vehicles too?

Has China ever given forces to the UN?

24 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Actually yes, more than any other member of the UN Security Council.

3 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

To follow on what pipewr3nch said, this UN peacekeeping statistics page on troop/police contributors declares that as of 28 February 2017 the contribution was 186 police (by itself larger than the combined Russian and US total contributions), 33 military experts, and 2348 troops for a combined total of 2567 personnel, although there are several non-Security Council member nations with much higher total contributions (usually by troops) and the PRC had previously announced plans to ramp up beyond that. They took one KIA and four WIA last year in an attributed-to-AQIM attack in Mali, then roughly five-to-six weeks later two fatalities and five wounded in South Sudan when a shell defeated a vehicle's roof (ZSL-92?) and penetrated into the troop compartment.