vme_cycle6

From China Virtual Military Engineers: VME PLA mod for ArmA3

Can't get the faction to work with ALiVE; is anyone else having this problem?

The PGZ-95 ADS system - aka PGZ-04

pgz95_1.jpg     pgz95_2.jpg

Proxy missiles, ejecting brass, and all the goodness and enhancements to work in A3.

• Like 10

Another one - the EQ-2050, the reverse-engineered HMMWV.  There will be a few mounted weapon versions as well as the base model that is shown.

eq2050.jpg

• Like 7

Very nice images there Pook...keep it coming this way. Hopefully they can get these into the mod soon for a release so we can have some vehicles with these troops.

Looks excellent, Pook :) Can't wait for these vehicles, Tanoa w/ RHS USMC vs VME PLA won't be complete without them!

Glad to see the interest!  I can't speak to when they will be included - that's up to Cycle6 and the rest of the team.  I'm just bringing the vehicles into the game with what I guess you would call the "standard" A3 settings.  Real Life takes up too much game time and there is just soooo many items remaining to import.

• Like 1

Seeing this has made me super excited. Since the release of Tanoa I've been looking for a authentic PLA faction mod. Good luck guys! Congrats on the release!

Another one - the EQ-2050, the reverse-engineered HMMWV.  There will be a few mounted weapon versions as well as the base model that is shown.

Baseline model complete with camo selections, FFV positions, mirrors, and destructable tires now added.  Ran into a snag w/ the tires so I spent the evening fixing it.  Yep that's how I spent my evening LOL

Sent it to Cycle6 for evaluation... the turret models will have to wait for now.  Animations for the MG and the ATGM model details will have to be evaluated.  I suspect I can mimic the default ATGM config as a starting point.  Slow progress, but progress!  :)

• Like 3

On 11/28/2016 at 11:06 AM, caboose816 said:

Seeing this has made me super excited. Since the release of Tanoa I've been looking for a authentic PLA faction mod. Good luck guys! Congrats on the release!

I cobbled together a faction in the ALiVE ORBAT Creator and made it work...I have since scrapped it as I wanted to dump all the Massi vehicles which were causing a few issues in the game and were not quite what I wanted either. But as soon as I can get it back together I will drop a message your way and see if you might want to run around with a PLA faction for a bit.

Hello.

I want to operate the bolt of CS/LR4 manually because sight moves when the bolt is operated.

So, manual operating is useful to shoot correctly.

On 1/17/2017 at 7:21 AM, OOarmer said:

Hello.

I want to operate the bolt of CS/LR4 manually because sight moves when the bolt is operated.

So, manual operating is useful to shoot correctly.

You have shot a bolt action rifle before??? Just curious.

Any news on a future 64 bit compatible version of this mod? Just wondering where it is going to head since we haven't had a lot of movement on the mod in several months.

5 hours ago, reschke said:

Any news on a future 64 bit compatible version of this mod? Just wondering where it is going to head since we haven't had a lot of movement on the mod in several months.

May the author is busy with real life, addon makers will normally post news when there is news. Asking for news is considered spam on these forums. 

• Like 1

IRL is always a Time Killer.  I haven't heard from Cycle in several weeks.  People just get busy.  I am working on the vehicle MLOD's as time permits, but it gets difficult balancing everything else including my other mods.

Also, a 64-bit version of any mod is "not" a thing.  You misunderstand 64-bit architecture.

On 2/10/2017 at 6:01 PM, hcpookie said:

IRL is always a Time Killer.  I haven't heard from Cycle in several weeks.  People just get busy.  I am working on the vehicle MLOD's as time permits, but it gets difficult balancing everything else including my other mods.

Also, a 64-bit version of any mod is "not" a thing.  You misunderstand 64-bit architecture.

Yeah I was thinking it needed the .dll aspect when it didn't; working way too much IRL in order to get some stuff done on my end and not paying enough attention to what I was asking.

Can't wait to see the next iteration of the Chinese vehicles you have been working on @hcpookie.

Some more goodness... this time the 8x8 wheeled APC "ZBL-09".  Seating for 7x cargo.

Complete with AT-3 proxies, fire from vehicle turn-out positions, and all the goodness I tend to add to vehicles such as improved brake lighting, MP-synchronized numbering, and PIP screens for relevant positions.  Of particular interest - I improved the wash-out look of the textures for both this and the Type-99 tank...

zbl_test1.jpg  zbl_test2.jpg

• Like 13

Wow, neat first look! (Although apparently it's actually ZBL-08 and the '-09' came from misinterpretation/unconfirmed info, or so the Chinese Wikipedia article for the vehicle family told it at my most recent look.) Any chance you're working the FCS into these vehicles already?

Name can be easily changed so not worried

I'm looking for a 3D model of the WZ-551/550 APC.  Can't seem to find one that isn't ripped from another game.

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/modern/china/WZ551-Type92_APC.php

I reached out to Fromz to see if he wanted to see his Operation Halfmoon stuff added in A3 but he hasn't been active on the forums in years and his site is down.  He had a WZ-551 as well as a Q-5 jet and some other things.  I'll likely have to build the model from scratch at this point.